For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sinner's Prayer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 am

Jen and I decided to take the past two days and do a blues cover. We did the Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart version of the song Sinner's Prayer. but we obviously changed it a lot. It's not easy to capture Jenny Stokes on film but I managed to do so for this one! Anyway, I hope we did the song justice. I'm not a blues guitar player but it was fun trying to be one for a few days Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20518
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 am

Nicely done!  I wouldn't mind hearing more like that!

Bonamassa is a great player-that's for sure.  Of course, a lot of blues fans don't consider him a blues player either.  He is a lot more flash than feeling when compared to BB King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc.  I dig his stuff, though.  Joe is kinda the Eddie Van Halen of blues.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 9:54 am

Sounds really good. 
Joe is too good a player to just play straight blues.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks guys! I love Joe Bonamassa. I started listening to him when the 1st Black Country Communion album came out. Been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4298
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Oh wow, this vocal style really suits you Jen!
Oh yeah, and John was ok too.  Laughing

Seriously though, despite not being a heavy blues fan (and I do like some of it), I have to say this is really cool.

JLE3

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Seriously though, despite not being a heavy blues fan (and I do like some of it), I have to say this is really cool.

Thanks!

I also like some blues music as long as it's not too sloooooooooow[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] We were just discussing this on another forum yesterday. Someone posted the same song done by Eric Clapton and I was saying how I thought his version was boring. I know Clapton is amazing but I never really got into him for some reason. Anyway, his version is a slow and much more bluesy song and that just doesn't interest me much. Maybe if I had insomnia and needed to fall asleep I'd listen to his version! The Bonamassa version we based ours off of is a much more upbeat tune, still bluesy but not slow and boring. 

But this song was written in 1950! So it's been covered a gazillion times. It was fun to give it our spin!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Thanks Chris. Thanks Black Rider. Thanks Xid. Thanks Staybrite. You're right, Gary. It's definitely my stomping ground. I came to John from the Blues wanting a change of scene for the sake of developing my writing and learning a few new vocal tricks (and working with a very cool human being). Funny thing is that in terms of my own listening pleasure, I'm generally more tuned in to a heavier rock sound. I've just got a blues voice is all. Anyway, the journey's a blast.

Thanks for listening guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sinner's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sinner's Prayer   Sinner's Prayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sinner's Prayer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: