Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Falling down memory lane...

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Black Rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Falling down memory lane... Empty
PostSubject: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 10:02 am

An album I wore out when it came out and still listen to regularly. Why they weren't bigger is a mystery though they got little label support. 
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 11:20 am

I think inconsistency hindered them some (as well as probably a lack of label support).  Wasn't this album on REX?  I don't think they had a great track record with supporting their artists (at least that seems like what I heard from somewhere).
I think this was the peak of the bands output.  It seems like their follow-up "Age of Darkness" wasn't nearly as melodic or even as memorable (at least to my ears).  And the few songs I heard from the third album sounded almost like a completely different band.  But the "Your Dying Day" album is fantastic.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 12:10 pm

Age of Darkness is more of a Euro power metal sound but I think it's very good. The third one isn't that different to me but the production needs work. Another one that needs a remaster/reissue.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Age of Darkness is more of a Euro power metal sound but I think it's very good. The third one isn't that different to me but the production needs work. Another one that needs a remaster/reissue.

It HAS been reissued.  Back in 2017, Retroactive remastered and reissued it with a new colorized version of the drab black and white original cover.

The band did have a somewhat inconsistent sound.  In the lower register, it sounds like they are trying to sound like Queensryche.  When the singer screams more, he sounds like the vocalist from Loudness back in the mid 80s.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 7:00 pm

How did I miss that?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Black Rider wrote:
How did I miss that?

Maybe you didn't.  Perhaps you have gotten old and forgetful like the rest of us.  Who are you again?

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 9:31 am

Tom, nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 11:26 am

I've seen their albums for sale on the usual distros but never bothered to check 'em out for whatever reason.  They (at least this song) sound really good!  Not that I need any more albums to add to my wantlist...  Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm

There's a little Maiden in their music so you might like it.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 8:17 am

I LOVED Haven!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 9:39 am

I wonder what Kevin is up to these days?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 5:04 pm

This sounds a bit like a Pakaderm Studios production, but the Internets seem to say otherwise. The drums have that particular sound. Or maybe it's just the period drum sound.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 7:53 am

"You Dying Day"is a cool song from Haven.
Is this band still active?
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 10:28 am

Not active. It is a common drum sound.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Not active. It is a common drum sound.

When I heard Atomic Arena by Barren Cross, I thought "betcha this is a Pakaderm production"... sure enough, it was. They had a sound of their own.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 9:03 am

They did, but the 80's was known for that big drum sound. Some of the Pure Metal bands kind of have the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falling down memory lane...   Falling down memory lane... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falling down memory lane...
Page 1 of 1