Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cold Morning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:20 pm

Guess what I woke up to this morning?
Some years we go without getting any snow in the low lands. Most years we get only about an inch or just a dusting.
Well this morning my wife measured about 4 inches on both of our cars.
The roads are clogged with several accidents and stranded vehicles. I decided to stay home from work today.

Cold Morning SnowDay

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:30 pm

That picture's cool. It feels cold just looking at it cuz of the blue tint to everything
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Snow? Oh, that's the white stuff in the picture! I thought you had moved to Columbia and were living near a cocaine drug lord. lol!

We haven't had but just a few flurries so far this year.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Cool pic Staybrite.
I love these surprises so much when you go to bed all is green and when you are awake the world looks white.
I think that white stuff is called s n o w?
Hey you needed to clean your car first before you could drive to work today
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Apologetixfreak, it's good to see you posting here again.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:10 pm

That nice blue tint was because the sun had not risen much yet. Very cold out there, the kids are building snowmen and avoiding the yellow snow.

Hopefully I will be able to drive into work tomorrow.

Number of posts : 3874

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guess what I woke up to this morning?
Some years we go without getting any snow in the low lands. Most years we get only about an inch or just a dusting.
Well this morning my wife measured about 4 inches on both of our cars.
The roads are clogged with several accidents and stranded vehicles. I decided to stay home from work today.
Wuss. geek Sadly Terre Haute has almost the same winter you do it seems. Some years we may get only 1 decent snowfall, usually we'll get 3-5 but < 10 inches (25 cm) overall avg or so it seems to me. I grew up where avg was 100 inches (2.5 m). Never once gotten stuck despite no fancy 4x4, studded tires, chains, etc. I say, "Bring on the snow! Yeehah!" rendeer

Staybrite

Staybrite

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 pm

I've never gotten stuck in the snow either. I have had to chain up a few times, but never gotten stuck or slid off of the road.
I have however, seen countless idiots around here who do not know how to drive in 1/2-inch of snow (let alone 4-inches). They spin around and run into half of the other drivers and parked cars on the road. I already have one car out of comission and don't want any part of that nonsense.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:33 am

I've never been stuck in the snow. I've slipped and slid many a times, but I know how to regain control of a car in a skid.

But, when we haven't had a decent snow in years and years, you don't get a lot of chance to practice your driving skills.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Snow stories from... California

We get an inch or so every couple years, but the real snow is in our backyard. A high alt place called Big Bear. When I was in high school, me and several buddies took my truck up there and were doing donuts and fishtails, etc. Until we came to a fork in the road and a telephone pole in the center. As I was turning, my truck kept going straight ! Everyone was cheering until they found out I wasn't playing around... thank God I missed it by inches !
Couple years later I went up there, and instead of stopping to put on my chains, I thought I'd wait till I got back to the cabin... wrongo, over a slight incline my car slid off into a ditch. I thought, no biggy, I'll get this puppy out and be on my merry way.... until a huge SUV came over that same incline, and slid right into the side of my car creaming the entire side of it ! We exchanged info and she left (BIG MISTAKE) She gave me all false info and I ended up eating a $500 deductable on that one.
I have other stories, but at the expense of boring you, suffice it to say that Californians can't drive in snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Morning   Cold Morning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Morning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: