Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 9:43 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Just got out of Rise Of Skywalker. I thought it was awesome!

I am seeing it today and will be posting my typical faux spoilers just to get folks riled up.  I actually get people who get mad who don't read past the Star Wars Spoiler title and say some very unkind things to me.  If they knew me very well or even bothered to read what I write, they would see that these musings are so full of crap that there is no way they could be real.  It is sad that people feel the need to take me to task over me being silly.  It is a movie series, folks.  It ain't real!  This is coming from someone who has seen every movie, read many books, and wears shirts, socks, and hoodies depicting these characters.  I would classify myself as a fan.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Staybrite clan going to watch the new Star Wars flick tonight as well.
Early reports say that it isn't faring too well with fans and critics.  I think they should probably just quit making them and then the uber fans can complain about that instead.
Laughing

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite clan going to watch the new Star Wars flick tonight as well.
Early reports say that it isn't faring too well with fans and critics.  I think they should probably just quit making them and then the uber fans can complain about that instead.
Laughing
Utter nonsense, it is awesome and that ain't no faux spoiler!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 1:27 am

Just got back from watching the Star Wars film, and I thought it was quite good.  A fun film and a good ending.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 6:17 am

Rotten Tomatoes...

55% - Critics
86% - Audience

Says it all really... especially when considering The Last Jedi

91% - Critics
43% - Audience

I'd say the audience got it spot on!

Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 8:57 am

I saw it yesterday and found it to be quite disappointing.  This new series has had weak characters that you never care about.  The interesting characters get killed off for no real reason.  They have to bring in a long dead villian out of fan service just to save this series.  Plus, they can't even get their new Disney universe canon right.  In the Aftermath novels, we learned that Leia never trained, but now she is a badass Jedi?  Plus, the Jedi have more than just the powers we've come to know.  They can transport things over great distances and heal all injuries including death?

As a long-time Star Wars fan, the new trilogy is faux Star Wars.  The series died with Vader.  This new Abrams/Johnson/Disney universe is total garbage.  George Lucas should cry himself to sleep every night knowing what they have done to his characters.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 9:00 am

Oh, then let's not forget the whole ending of the Skywalker saga ends with a battle between two people who aren't even Skywalkers.  The movie title is even a farce.  This has been lazy story telling.  They should have handed this series over to Marvel and let them do it as they at least know how to tell a compelling story.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 9:09 am

I enjoyed it, even The Last Jedi. In a way this is similar to Abram's Star Trek movies. While I like the latest Star Wars movies I didn't like anything he did to Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 9:13 am

MikeInFla wrote:
I enjoyed it, even The Last Jedi. In a way this is similar to Abram's Star Trek movies. While I like the latest Star Wars movies I didn't like anything he did to Star Trek.

I enjoyed the Star Trek movies as Abrams told everyone he was bringing more action to the movies and was totally rebooting them.  Nothing he did really had to tie into the known Star Trek canon.  Bringing in the original Spock was merely fan service, but one that did keep die hard Trekkies from totally trashing the series.

These new Star Wars films, for me, will go down as nothing more than cash grabs that have done nothing but try to nullify the Skywalker saga.  There were some fun moments, but they made me feel nothing for the characters.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 6:40 am

Concerning the "Jedi training" scene with Leia, I saw this posted on another forum by a producer (not a movie producer but a television producer). he said this:

There is a surprise flashback with Fisher at the end which is -- believe it or not -- an actual outtake from Return of the Jedi that they shot in 1982, showing Luke training Leia to be a Jedi.

Also, I do not know how true this is but I heard somewhere else that George Lucas himself did several re-writes of the movie
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 12:24 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Concerning the "Jedi training" scene with Leia, I saw this posted on another forum by a producer (not a movie producer but a television producer). he said this:

There is a surprise flashback with Fisher at the end which is -- believe it or not -- an actual outtake from Return of the Jedi that they shot in 1982, showing Luke training Leia to be a Jedi.

Also, I do not know how true this is but I heard somewhere else that George Lucas himself did several re-writes of the movie

Shocked Oh wow, that would be pretty darned cool if true.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 1:18 pm

Ok, this was kind of funny. I was watching The Six Million Dollar Man (Season 4) and Steve went into a store... Look what is on the shelf behind him!

What are you watching? - Page 19 Sixmillion

It's a SMDM action figure!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 2:23 pm

Good product placement  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 3:45 pm

Oh man that had to have been done on purpose.
Still funny though.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 3:46 pm

Bravo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 11:42 pm

Courage Under Fire
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
A Question of Faith

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 7:59 am

MikeInFla wrote:

I'll see if I can find the article I read, but the new shots of Leia training were shots made with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher for The Last Jedi and not used.  They did their parts with motion capture cameras so they could de-age them like they did Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 11:21 am

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I'll see if I can find the article I read, but the new shots of Leia training were shots made with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher for The Last Jedi and not used.  They did their parts with motion capture cameras so they could de-age them like they did Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies.
Possibly, I would like to know as well as I haven't been able to find anything out other than his post. Also unsure about the Lucas re-writes because I did not see his name in the credits unless he ghost-wrote. I heard they had the first one and it was thought to be bad. Then they had Kathleen Kennedy do a re-write that was even worse so they called in George for the third re-write. Could all be speculation who really knows?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 1:07 pm

I started watching season two of the Netflix Lost In Space series.  It has a lot of great cliff hanger moments, great CGI, and great acting.  It is clean, and I haven't spotted a single gay character yet.  I love this show!!!!

I also started watching season three of Marvel's Runaways.  I like the characters but wish there wasn't a lesbian kissing scene in EVERY single episode since season 2.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 2:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I started watching season two of the Netflix Lost In Space series.  It has a lot of great cliff hanger moments, great CGI, and great acting.  It is clean, and I haven't spotted a single gay character yet.  I love this show!!!!

I also started watching season three of Marvel's Runaways.  I like the characters but wish there wasn't a lesbian kissing scene in EVERY single episode since season 2.
Will have to give it another shot, I bailed on the first episode of the first season. I meant to go back to it but I forgot.

SPOILER: The robot is gay so there is your gay character.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 3:21 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
SPOILER: The robot is gay so there is your gay character.  Twisted Evil

It's sad that we live in a time where I don't know if you're joking or not... affraid
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 pm

Knives Out

kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 11:52 pm

^How was that?  I thought the trailer looked pretty awful and obnoxious but I have heard pretty positive things!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 8:47 am

The Crown on Netflix
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Above the Shadows
Not for the kids, but a decent indie film.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next