Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

That is a messed up film.

Yes it was.  And so is the first episode of the new season of Black Mirror.....but the next two where good.

The one with Miley Cyrus?  I liked that one!  The second one was cool, but I could have done without the dudes kissing.  Sadly, I could see people becoming addicted or developing feelings for virtual characters if the role play were intense enough.  That even happened on shows like Star Trek and The Orville.  Sometimes, I feel like these sci-fi shows are showing us where we really are going as a society and it should scare us.

Yeah I thought the episode with Miley was really good, also the one where the despondent uber driver takes the guy hostage in is car so he can talk to the head of bookface.  The one with the old friends having cyber-sex was a little too icky and ending was absolutely horrible.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Rim Of The World

Netflix has some fun movies!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 8:46 am

Hacksaw Ridge,  directed by Mel Gibson.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Hacksaw Ridge,  directed by Mel Gibson.

I thought this was a really good film.  I was going to skip it, but my son asked me to watch it with him.  Glad I did.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Aquaman
I hear from several people who really liked this film, but I don't get it.  Lots of stuff I didn't like with the movie.  It seemed really hokey/corny almost like large portions of the script were written by a 13 year old (I mean the scene with the octopus playing drums?  come on).  I know it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of superhero movies....
All I have to say is that the new Spiderman better be better than this or else I will be done with superhero films (well with the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy 3).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 10:20 am

Staybrite wrote:
Aquaman
I hear from several people who really liked this film, but I don't get it.  Lots of stuff I didn't like with the movie.  It seemed really hokey/corny almost like large portions of the script were written by a 13 year old (I mean the scene with the octopus playing drums?  come on).  I know it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of superhero movies....
All I have to say is that the new Spiderman better be better than this or else I will be done with superhero films (well with the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy 3).

The market for these is really over-saturated, and that is coming from someone who likes these films.  To be honest, would we really have watched all the Marvel stuff we have had they not interconnected them?  Probably not.  It is like a 10 year action hero soap opera.  

Now that their strongest characters as far as mass appeal goes have been used up and they move on to develop lesser known characters, they are going to have to bring better stories or people won't turn out to see them.  Why?  Over-saturation is one part.  Another part is the fact that fans won't have the same connection with them.  The storylines are getting to be more and more focused on possible alternate realities and aliens.  While those can be fun, they can't become every plot device.

I would like to see a decent Fantastic Four reboot.  The last reboot just plain stunk.  The characters were so flat they could all have been played by a 5th grader's Flat Stanley project.  It was bad.

Rebooting the X-Men might be cool, but they should rethink that with the fact that the last two have been poorly received.  They should have killed that series when they killed Wolverine in Logan.

I never noticed the drumming octopus, by the way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I never noticed the drumming octopus, by the way.

It's at the start of the arena battle scene between Auqaman and his half-brother (around 1 hour into the film).  I had to back it up just to make sure I had seen it.  Totally looked like something that should have been in a Saturday morning cartoon.

I agree with you on the "over-saturation" part and being connected to a character.  I don't think I would have made it through all of those Avengers films if I wasn't a fan of Captain America.  I probably would have stopped watching after the "Winter Soldier" movie... I found it rather disappointing, not horrible...just not great.

Number of posts : 3872

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 pm

The Zookeeper's Wife (great story based on true events)

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 10:17 am

Finally watched the first episode of Stranger Things, Season 3. Man, this show is great!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 am

Well I can tell you now, Sunday afternoon I will be seeing the new Lion King in IMAX 3D.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
The Zookeeper's Wife (great story based on true events)

That was a good movie, and a great account.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Welcome to Marwen....interesting film.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Stranger Things episode 2! I love this show! That mall looks wonderful! man, it brings back memories! It was filmed in an actual dead mall in Georgia. Here is info and a video about the mall:

https://www.curbed.com/2019/7/12/20691222/stranger-things-starcourt-mall-real-mall-georgia

Last edited by MikeInFla on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 10:55 am

A Star Is Born 1976....meh, my wife liked it more than I did, but she is a Bab's fan

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 8:08 am

Toy Story 4
The Village

Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Stranger Things 3
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Finished up Stranger Things today. What a great show! If you watch it be sure to watch after the credits on the last episode because there is more! Loved season 3!
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Well I can tell you now, Sunday afternoon I will be seeing the new Lion King in IMAX 3D.
Well that was really good. Considering they omitted some stuff and added some, it was essentially the same. They did leave the songs/singing scenes in it. Albeit without any dancing animals tho’. geek
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:22 am

If you are a fan of Stranger Things try this:

For fun I wanted to see what happened when I called Murray Bauman's phone number.... Try it!

It's possible to call his phone number (618-625-8313).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 10:55 am

Secret Obsession

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 7:38 am

The Lion King (2019)

It has a few changes, but it mostly feels like the cartoon!  They did a great job on this one.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 5:31 pm

Breakthrough

Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 2:15 am

Delirium-2018.  Topher Grace 

A Cure For Wellness- 2016. Dane De Haan
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Avengers: Endgame. Digital version.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 am

Gettysburg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next