Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 5:34 pm

A Madea Family Funeral

I have seen a lot of the early Madea films.  I lost interest after the Christmas movie they did.  I haven't seen the two Halloween ones.  We only went to see this because my niece wanted to see this for her birthday.  For me, I felt like the whole Madea experience has "jumped the shark".

One thing that bothered me was the way they would use the "N" word in the movie.  Of course, there was the obvious "cracker" term for us whites as well.  When will people realize that if it isn't okay for whites to use derogatory terms in relation to blacks that they can't use the term either?  If it is insulting, erase it from all usage.  Then, you get to sling it back at the whites without thinking that it is exactly the same thing?  I know rappers do it all the time, but I wasn't expecting this in a Tyler Perry film.  Of course, he was going for the laugh, but it just seems to be backwards when it comes to ending racial divides.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 4:36 am

I agree, the whole Madea thing is a bit worn. Haven't seen one in ages, don't want to see any more.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 1:26 pm

The movie Coherence. 

Ancient flick starring James Coburn, In Like Flint. 
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Captain Marvel 3D

Really enjoyed it!
My coworker said it was good until the last 15 minutes when she became essentially all-powerful (and, thus, unbelievable) in his opinion. It seems that didn't bother you?

Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Christopher Robbin - Cute movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Xid wrote:
Christopher Robbin - Cute movie!

I really liked it too.  Great movie.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 8:50 pm

SHAZAM!

I bought tickets through Fandango for their special one day only pre-screening of this.  I was a fan of the super cheesy tv show that was on in the 70s when I was a kid.  So, I was expecting a campy movie.  It does feel like a cross between Big and The Greatest American Hero, but there is some definite character building throughout the movie.  I expected a lot of immature humor (nothing dirty) with a 14 year old being empowered with all these abilities and being given an adult's body.  The humor fits the character and his growth into Shazam as he should be.

The movie is also tied into the larger DC movie universe with a bullet that bounced off Superman, a Bat-a-rang from Batman, a slur thrown at Aquaman, and even an appearance by the Man Of Steel himself.  Without saying more and spoiling this, I would recommend it.  If you are worried that it is too cheesy, I would compare this film in feelng as more akin to Ant-Man and The Guardians Of The Galaxy.

While I liked the Capt. Marvel movie, I felt no connection with that character.  With Shazam, I remember when he was the REAL Capt. Marvel and the nostalgia factor did kick in here.  So, I loved this one.  I can't help it--I am a super hero nerd.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 2:42 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Captain Marvel 3D

Really enjoyed it!
My coworker said it was good until the last 15 minutes when she became essentially all-powerful (and, thus, unbelievable) in his opinion. It seems that didn't bother you?
No ,not at all. What your co-worker probably didn't say, and I will be getting into spoiler territories here...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm

While I enjoyed Capt. Marvel, I just know that this will be the building blocks where the Marvel films switch to the more current characters.  I don't know them and I don't really want to.  I would rather see some of the favorite characters recast as older actors age out than to see Iron Heart (female Iron Man), Bucky as Cap., a female Thor, Miles Morales as Spider-Man, etc.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 8:50 pm

The Grinch
Instant Family

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Watched both Fantastic Beast films this weekend .  Very entertaining .

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 pm

Venom.  Was surprised by how much I liked it.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country

Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 2:24 am

Fade to Black (1980).  
Point Break (1991).
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 1:39 pm

The Cocoanuts (1929)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 am

Star Trek: Generations

Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 11:48 am

Fundy wrote:
The Cocoanuts (1929)
Chico: Right now I'd do anything for money. I'd kill somebody for money. I'd kill *you* for money.
[Harpo looks dejected]
Chico: Ha ha ha. Ah, no. You're my friend. I'd kill you for nothing.
[Harpo smiles]
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Jivaro (1954)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 am

Fyre The Greatest Party That Never Happened (documentary on Netflix).  
My wife wanted to see this.  I'm not a huge fan of pop culture documentary stuff but it was rather interesting.  Too long though, they easily could have wrapped it all up with the same amount of detail in about an hour instead of an hour and a half.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
My wife wanted to see this.  I'm not a huge fan of pop culture documentary stuff but it was rather interesting.  Too long though, they easily could have wrapped it all up with the same amount of detail in about an hour instead of an hour and a half.
Or you could spend 5-10 minutes reading about it on wikipedia, which I just did since I had never heard of the festival.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 8:23 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Or you could spend 5-10 minutes reading about it on wikipedia, which I just did since I had never heard of the festival.

Read?  Oh man that sounds too hard. 
lol!

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 12:19 am

The Cloverfield Paradox

I have to admit I was a little wary of seeing this as the trailer makes it look kinda like a sci-fi horror flick. It was actually more of a sci-fi thriller. It was really pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The Cloverfield Paradox

I have to admit I was a little wary of seeing this as the trailer makes it look kinda like a sci-fi horror flick. It was actually more of a sci-fi thriller. It was really pretty good.

I was a little surprised with it as well.  Not an amazing film, but certainly worth the time.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Ant Man and the Wasp.
Oh man what a poopfest...I found almost nothing to like in this movie.  The original was 100x better.

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next