For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you listen to when you mellow out?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2011-04-13

What do you listen to when you mellow out? Empty
PostSubject: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am

Any albums that are go to when you stop banging your head for a moment? 
I really enjoy the first album by The Kry and some Steve Camp and Phil Keaggy.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4265
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:13 pm

I generally don't do that sort of thing.  But if I do it's something like this...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Mellow, what's that?

I dig me some Asia, Heart, Abba, Alannah Myles, Melissa Etheridge, Eagles, Jenny & Tyler, Sarah McLauchlan.

While most of it couldn't be considered "Easy Listening" much of it is mellower than the Hard Rock and Old School Metal I usually listen too.  Especially Jenny & Tyler.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 20518
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Third Day, Casting Crowns, MercyMe, and some various blues artists.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 am

When I mellow out it isn't to Christian music but to stuff from the 1940's. Like this, I have tons of music like this on vinyl.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4298
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:22 am

Mellow out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Cliff Richard is cool, good one. 
Mike, you surprise me but as I get older I can appreciate the talent in music like that more.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Fundy wrote:
I generally don't do that sort of thing.  But if I do it's something like this...

The Up in Canada is a Larry Norman cover!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:21 pm

I also like to listen to the Gaither Vocal Band occasionally.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Musk Ox.  Amazing stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Why good sir, I never knew you fraternized with chamber music.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15476
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:59 am

To the radio.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 10:52 am

Black Rider wrote:
Why good sir, I never knew you fraternized with chamber music.

Ha, I only dabble.   afro  But Musk Ox is pretty dang amazing.

Now that it's FINALLY out, I could possibly add Virgin Black - Requiem Pianissimo to this list.

Kauan's post-rock albums are very good.

16 Horsepower - Folklore

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Of course we love 16 Horsepower and Wovenhand.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Ah yes...  As far as non-metal music goes, I listen to them a ton.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4265
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Fundy wrote:

The Up in Canada is a Larry Norman cover!!

Yeh, Larry is the man, but I kind of like Cliff's version aswell.  He actually sang with Larry a few times, and also recorded a few more of his songs.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1185
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
When I mellow out it isn't to Christian music but to stuff from the 1940's. Like this, I have tons of music like this on vinyl.
Did NOT see that one coming, Mike. Cool. Love that lounge stuff (not often, but do love it). Yma Sumac from that era is amazing

Chill music for me is usually some blues, rock blues, alt rock or the lighter side of rock and metal. Right now I'm chilling to NZ band Sound the Ocean https://nzsoundtheocean.bandcamp.com/track/dont-let-go which is WAY different from my usual daily dose of chill, but it's a message that has "today" written all over it for me. Yesterday I was chilling to another NZ band called Coridian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AmJ8uJD1s as well as some Cranberries
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 20301
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Jen5 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Did NOT see that one coming, Mike. Cool. Love that lounge stuff (not often, but do love it). Yma Sumac from that era is amazing

Chill music for me is usually some blues, rock blues, alt rock or the lighter side of rock and metal. Right now I'm chilling to NZ band Sound the Ocean https://nzsoundtheocean.bandcamp.com/track/dont-let-go which is WAY different from my usual daily dose of chill, but it's a message that has "today" written all over it for me. Yesterday I was chilling to another NZ band called Coridian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AmJ8uJD1s as well as some Cranberries

I dig me some Cranberries as well.  I got their acoustic album for Christmas this year, but haven't listened to it much yet.

Xid

Number of posts : 4298
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:42 pm

I don't have any Cranberries in my collection but I do like their music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Bruce Cockburn is a decent go-to for acoustic chill music with talented guitar playing. His earlier albums in particular are almost just him and a guitar, while he slowly picked up extra elements as time went on. Some of his lyrics are pretty Christian too. Otherwise, Barenaked Ladies have a few mellower songs that slow me down. I'll also listen to electronic music in the background sometimes. AOR is usually "light heavy" to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 4:03 am

Driven wrote:
AOR is usually "light heavy" to my ears.
AOR?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 8:36 am

If you haven't, you should check out my project Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band if you like blues.  It is in the vein of Glenn Kaiser Band/Rez, George Thorogood, ZZ Top, etc.

Also, check out bands like Raging Grace, Big Black Bible Blues Band, V.I.H., Jimmy Bratcher, etc.  If you are on Facebook, you should join the Gospel Blues page.  There are several out there, but that particular one I help moderate.  You can discover some old and new Christian blues.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 11:23 am

I was wondering if you were going to do anymore Mission of One stuff? I enjoy that biker bar sound you had on those.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6072
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Driven wrote:
AOR is usually "light heavy" to my ears.
AOR?

It may be considered cheesy and overproduced by some, but there isn't much better for hot summer night drives. Except Meat Loaf.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:45 pm

Thanks Andre. I'm feeling a little wiser. So I gather AOR is a style of music -- rock songs with Peter Cetera-like vocals. But what's AOR stand for??? Searched it up and found it was some financial mumbo-jumbo and then stopped digging.  😜
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you listen to when you mellow out?   What do you listen to when you mellow out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you listen to when you mellow out?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: