Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SBC Scandal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

SBC Scandal Empty
PostSubject: SBC Scandal   SBC Scandal I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Contrary to popular belief, it's not just a "Catholic Problem."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/02/10/pure-evil-southern-baptist-leaders-condemn-decades-sexual-abuse-revealed-investigation/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.479ecc89046e
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

SBC Scandal Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBC Scandal   SBC Scandal I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Sadly, you are correct.  I would bet that most denominations have issues with this if the truth were revealed.

As a youth pastor/pastor, I make it a point to never be alone with kids--especially the girls.  I submitted to a background check with each church except at my current pastorate.  It is an older church.  If I were to start having a lot of kids, then I would ask all the people who will work with them to submit to a background check just to insure that we are dealing with people who have not had a past with sexual crimes.

I pray that all of the ones doing the abusing will be brought to justice and that all the victims can find healing.  That goes for our Catholic brothers/sisters as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

SBC Scandal Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBC Scandal   SBC Scandal I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Sadly, you are correct.  I would bet that most denominations have issues with this if the truth were revealed.

I'm guessing more like 99% of faiths have some sort of sexual corruption somewhere among it's leaders.  And the 1% who doesn't is odd cult who requires castration for all it's clergy.

I think the only reason the Catholic church was attacked over it was because at the time the accusations were so public, and they are one of the few faiths that requires abstinence for it's clergy (and accusers loved to point to that as some sort of reason).  But I'm guessing it has been happening to church leaders in every religion probably since Adam and Eve were booted from the garden.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

SBC Scandal Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBC Scandal   SBC Scandal I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 1:00 pm

I would add that it isn't just a faith-based thing either.  Let's face it, sexual power is one way where abusers try to assert their dominance, whether it is pedophila, prison rape, sexual harassment in the workplace... 

Like in alldat's situtation, our church does background checks on everyone who works with kids, has a policy of never being alone with a kid, waiting outside the restroom when you take a kid there, and males are not allowed to change diapers in the nursery.  On the one hand, that feels a little sexist, but there is a much higher proportion of male molesters than female, so I guess since someone has to do it, it probably makes sense.  Plus, that got me out of diaper duty a couple times so who am I to argue?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SBC Scandal Empty
PostSubject: Re: SBC Scandal   SBC Scandal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SBC Scandal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: