Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames

Go down 
+7
Jen5
Guilty/Forgiven
Black Rider
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Driven wrote:
Some people in high school tried to call me J-R, but it never really caught on. I've been known as André the Giant (despite my meagre stature) or Andalé Andalé Andalé (from Speedy Gonzalez). It's hard to shorten André, so anglophones usually pronounce it the English way and francophones pronounced it the French way. I've been temporarily called Andrew in France while visiting my great-uncle André.
J-R??? What's that about?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Some people in high school tried to call me J-R, but it never really caught on. I've been known as André the Giant (despite my meagre stature) or Andalé Andalé Andalé (from Speedy Gonzalez). It's hard to shorten André, so anglophones usually pronounce it the English way and francophones pronounced it the French way. I've been temporarily called Andrew in France while visiting my great-uncle André.
J-R??? What's that about?

I'm not totally sure, because senior year was 5 years ago and I'm not in close contact with most of my classmates. But I think it's because my dad was one of our teachers, and he was particularly popular in my class for being a strict but fair and good teacher. So I was his Junior, or JR, naturally...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 11:14 pm

lol
That's funny
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 pm

I was waiting to see if Alldat would say anything but way back when on a certain board he had a nickname.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:52 am

Black Rider wrote:
I was waiting to see if Alldat would say anything but way back when on a certain board he had a nickname.  Very Happy

I am sure I had a few names that people called me back then!!!   lol!

The one I think you would be referring to was:

I AM SHARTACUS!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 am

Driven wrote:

I like "Andre the Giant" it's a great nickname...(just like me) you are a little on the shorter side....so it is more than a little tongue in cheek.  Also Andre the Giant was a Frenchman, and a super cool guy.  I wouldn't have been upset with a nick-name like that. Very Happy

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 am

There it is. Shartacus rides again.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 pm

My big nickname has always been "Stro".  When I was growing up, my friends and I always referred to each other by our last names, but "Strother" didn't flow as easily as their names, so they just shortened it to Stro. 

There was one time our youth group went to do a service at a church in Ohio.  I was singing that morning and they put my name in the bulletin as "Stretho".  Where they got that, I have no idea, but to this day, one of my dearest friends from that era still calls me by the nickname he gave me as a way to mangle my name worse:  "Earache Stretho."
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:36 am

messiaen77 wrote:
 .... "Earache Stretho."

ROTFL  I think you win the prize for weirdest, most 'out-there' nickname (if there were such a prize that is)
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:37 am

As a prize he gets a free horse ride behind Shartacus.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Jen5 wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
 .... "Earache Stretho."

ROTFL  I think you win the prize for weirdest, most 'out-there' nickname (if there were such a prize that is)

Agreed, totally odd nick-name.

Black Rider wrote:
As a prize he gets a free horse ride behind Shartacus.

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames   Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #41 - Nicknames
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2