Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping

Go down 
+8
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Driven
Hardkore
Black Rider
alldatndensum
Xid
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Hardkore has inspired me to resurrect the Dumb Kwestion thread, with his fantastic Christmas Kwestion discussion.
I can't promise that I will remember to do this every week, but I have a list of about 20 silly questions that would probably work pretty good for the limited intelligence of this lot (just kidding it's more like 25 questions..... Laughing....you know I'm just pulling your leg, nobody here has a grossly limited intellect.  I'll wait a minute while some of you look up the meanings to some of those words).

So here is another Dumb Kwestion for us to ponder, comment on, and question the intelligence of the dope who presented it. geek

What store do you shop at the most?

If you shop online feel free to include that as well.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Costco.  Only when I have to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 pm

My most visited store would be Walmart.  Online it would be Amazon.  While I could probably shop around more to save money, I can find most everything I want with those two choices.  Well, clothing I have to shop elsewhere as they don't carry my sizes most of the time at Walmart.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Fred Meyer which is a Kroger owned chain in the NW.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Since I work at a Walmart I do my shopping after I get off work. Sometimes I even do a bit of my shopping at their website. Then I just pick up the stuff either on lunch break or after I get off.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 pm

When I'm at school, I buy my groceries from Maxi, which is sort of a no-frills, no-name brand-touting store. Their food is generally the cheapest, although the fresh grocery isn't great. If I'm just looking for one or two things, I walk to the nearest store, Provigo, which is a Loblaws affiliate. For car things, I'll go to Carquest for parts and Canadian Tire for supplies. I don't do that much shopping otherwise.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 6:36 am

Unfortunately, Walmart. Like Alldat, Amazon for online stuff. Winn Dixie is still shutdown from the hurricane so we have to buy groceries at Walmart as well unless we want to drive across town to Publix. Target and Kohl's are closed as well. We like to buy clothes at Kohl's and occasionally Sears but it (and the mall) are shutdown after the storm and they will not reopen either (which is odd because Dillard's is open and JC Penney will reopen but the mall will not).
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am

Target and Amazon are my biggest places to shop.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Pay Less (Kroger owned stores in central Indiana).  Also Amazon.  Yeah, I know we are supposed to support local mom & pops over the big corporate bullies, but apparently my principles have run into the buzzsaw of practical economics.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 3:42 pm

According to my checkbook I spend most of my time in our local Safeway.  I actually kind of despise the store because a third of the time I go there to get something they don't have it (seriously how do you run a large grocery store but have empty spaces on some of the shelves, it's bewildering and frustrating).
Online the vast majority of my shopping is from Amazon (you just can't beat their selection).

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 3:54 pm

Countdown...the local grocery store. There's another grocery store that's a couple blocks closer to my house, but I avoid it like the plague because it's set up so that you have to go through fruit and veg to get to meat and then through meat to get to dairy and then through dairy to get to bread. I just feel too much like cattle in that store so despite it being a little bit cheaper on some items, I just don't go there. Life's too short to be made to feel like livestock.   🐮

Jeanswest for jeans (it's the only store in town that stocks "long") and Savemart (second hand store) for other clothes. Not a big shopper. If only I could get away with never shopping again....    scratch
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 8:36 am

I go to the grocery store the most.
For the rest I avoid shopping as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 1:54 pm

There goes THAT stereotype...two girls in a row who avoid shopping!    Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Does anyone get their clothing online?
I've have had the worst time getting online clothing to fit me properly so I almost never do it.  I always seem to buy my clothes from a physical store so I can try on the stuff.  I seem to get most of my clothes (pants, nice shirts, shorts, underwear) from JCPenny with a lot of my t-shirts and sweatpants from Walmart.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 2:32 pm

Will buy shoes online and sometimes t-shirts but rarely buy clothes... That reminds me, I did buy some jeans from Texas Jeans on their website, very good jeans and took a risk for buying without knowing how they would fit but they fit good and they are made in USA. My work boots i buy online because they are cheaper. I try them on in the store then buy them online (Thorogood boots, also made in USA). And good ole Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars I will buy online but most clothes come from a store. I like to try stuff on as well.

We have got to the point where we even buy our cat food from Amazon because it is cheaper than Petsmart.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Will buy shoes online and sometimes t-shirts but rarely buy clothes... That reminds me, I did buy some jeans from Texas Jeans on their website, very good jeans and took a risk for buying without knowing how they would fit but they fit good and they are made in USA. My work boots i buy online because they are cheaper. I try them on in the store then buy them online (Thorogood boots, also made in USA). And good ole Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars I will buy online but most clothes come from a store. I like to try stuff on as well.

We have got to the point where we even buy our cat food from Amazon because it is cheaper than Petsmart.

I would certainly buy clothes online if I could try that brand on in a store...and the brand reliably made the same size.  There just seems to be a disconnect with dimensions on jeans and manufacturers.  I have had 3 or 4 pairs of jeans that claim to be the same size and all fit different (even the length, not just the waist size).

We buy our pet food from chewy.com.  If we buy about a month and half's worth at once we get free shipping.  Tried to buy it from Amazon but the brand we needed was actually more expensive there.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 5:05 pm

In order of most visited/used stores for me:

1. Stater Brothers (pretty much every other day)
2. Wal-Mart (at least once a week)
3. Amazon (average about 4 purchases per month - things we can't get locally)

Try to avoid online purchases if possible, cuz if a return is needed it's a pain in the neck.

The advantage(? perhaps DISadvantage financially) is that Staters and WM are both 5 minutes from my house.

For clothes, we go out of town to the Mall and/or Target. For appliances, Home Depot. Once every other month I do a Costco shopping for all the bulk crap we need. That's pretty much everything, except for random online stores I buy music from occasionally [Roxx, Boones, ebay, Discogs, etc]
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

For clothes, we go out of town to the Mall and/or Target. For appliances, Home Depot. Once every other month I do a Costco shopping for all the bulk crap we need. That's pretty much everything, except for random online stores I buy music from occasionally [Roxx, Boones, ebay, Discogs, etc]

I do the bulk stuff at Costco too.  I used to go every month when we had kids in the house, now it seems like I go 2 out of every 3 months.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 am

Costco is something we don't have here. I've been to one in Canada before, but other than that, we don't have a bulk buy place here (that I know of). I remember the store had huge vats of mustard and ketchup. If not condiments, what does one buy in bulk anyway?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 am

Jen, for large families, things like paper towels, toilet paper, toothpaste, etc. that you use all the time are good to buy in quantities.  You also have to have the storage space.  I lviving in a small, two bedroom house, so buying in bulk is something my wife and I can't really do.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 12:02 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Jen, for large families, things like paper towels, toilet paper, toothpaste, etc. that you use all the time are good to buy in quantities.  You also have to have the storage space.  I lviving in a small, two bedroom house, so buying in bulk is something my wife and I can't really do.

You should see what all the Amish buy in bulk up here  Shocked  Lots of paper products.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 pm

...and hats
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Costco is something we don't have here. I've been to one in Canada before, but other than that, we don't have a bulk buy place here (that I know of). I remember the store had huge vats of mustard and ketchup. If not condiments, what does one buy in bulk anyway?

We only have one kid living at home so we don't go there nearly as often anymore but here is a typical Costco list for me (not that I buy everything each time I go).

Laundry soap (it's like a one gallon jug)
Fabric softener (again a one gallon jug)
Aluminium foil (three boxes in a package)
Parchment paper (two large boxes in one package)
Toilet Paper (something like 30 rolls in a package)
Paper Towels (I think 16 in a package)
Chicken/Beef (usually two whole fryers in one package or a 6lb pacakages of breast etc....I spend 45 minutes or so seperating them into meal size portions and freezing them)
Vegan Protein Powder (huge 30 serving container....lasts me about a month and a half)
Dishwasher pods (package of 90....last more than three months)
Kitchen or Lawn sized Garbage bags (something like 100 in a box)
Also bulk spices, and sometimes vitamens or supplements.

A lot of that stuff last us several months between purchases.  You can also buy electronics there (usually at a reduced rate).  I bought my wife's HP laptop there last year, and we used some Christmas money to by a new Gopro Hero 7 camera for under $200.

What I do NOT buy is fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, bread or dairy.  We can't use that stuff fast enough to buy it in bulk.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:35 pm

Jen5 wrote:
This.

https://www.costco.com/Nutella-Hazelnut-Spread-with-Cocoa%2C-6.6-lbs..product.100401363.html

I should probably get one for my family too.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Nutella = Ferro Rocher filling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping   Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #40! - Shopping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next