Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox

Go down 
+3
Pro-Zak
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox Empty
PostSubject: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 10:01 pm

If ya'all already discussed this or know about it, forgive me. I'm usually behind the times on... well... everything  Very Happy

I've always dug RIOT clear back to the the 80s. With their killer metal and even more "killer mascot", the strange and not-so-hardcore "Johnny the Seal" (or "The Mighty Tior")  Laughing
But now I have even more reason to love em. After the death of their previous vocalist, Michael Hall, a Christian, took over vox duty.
Read an excerpt from Angelic Warlord:
"If the Armor Of Light title is not enough to get your attention then the albums liner notes will, as Michael Hall openly thanks ‘God for everything’ while also stating ‘may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and keep you’.  Of the albums twelve tracks, Hall contributes lyrics to eight, many of which openly reflect his faith.  One reviewer that suggested ‘there appears to be a veiled evangelistic bent running through (Riot V) these days’ had the right idea!"

RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox Riot-V-Armor-Of-Light-Artwork

RIOT at Angelic Warlord
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 am

I really loved this band in the 80's, especially those two albums with Rhett Forrester on vocals.  They lost me with several albums as they drifted in and out of speed metal territory as well other influences I didn't really care for.  I might have to give them another try.

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Not much of a fan, some guy back when I was in Okinawa was a big fan of theirs, so I picked up "Fire Down Under." I thought it was ok, the only album I really like is "Thundersteel."
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Yea, I'd say there's an overt Christian theme in this one...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 2:10 am

Gee whiz, that drummer got a workout! Intense!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:12 pm

I love the 70's 80's Riot... but havent been as impressed with the stuff after... However I've heard that this last disc is supposed to be very good...

Perhaps I'll have to add it my wish list...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 7:04 pm

It's as cheap as 10 bucks at Amazon, new.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B079ZV4NN8/ref=tmm_acd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 8:53 pm

The vocalist sounds like Eli Prinson.

Overall, though, I do like the sound of this!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 8:28 am

The sound of this is vet gaaf.
Great drummer, cool guitar solo.
Yep, I like this.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 pm

I found the album prior... its pretty good power/speed metal with vocals that will crack glass!!!

I havent spun it enough to give an opinion... but I'm pretty positive on it at the moment...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox   RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIOT - new album featuring a Christian lead vox
Page 1 of 1