Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 8:29 am

Nope, allergies stink. I fight them every spring though, not as bad as Chris.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 8:55 am

As someone who has chronic allergy issues, I would say not to worry about it too much.  I take an antihistamine all the time (Allegra 24 hour).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
As someone who has chronic allergy issues, I would say not to worry about it too much.  I take an antihistamine all the time (Allegra 24 hour).

I've just started having regular allergies in the last few years (some sort of pollen, and now the cat).  I take an antihistamine probably 3 or 4 days a week.  I even carry them around with me so they'll be handy if I start sneezing too much or my eyes begin itching uncontrollably.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 6:20 am

I use Zyrtec with a 24 hour release.  I take them at night so that the night time drainage is lessened.  I take them everyday during the spring and summer and only as needed during the fall and winter.  Yes, I am allergic to stuff that is more than seasonal.  I can't use Allegra as it gave me nosebleeds.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 10:03 am

Tuesday I felt not very well, but since Wednesday I'm doing much better.

One of my kids has used zyrtec too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 11:17 am

Glad to hear you are feeling better sister.  Very Happy

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Saw several ducklings the other day near some of the lakes where I run.  I know that if Charlie were still around, he'd want to "play" with them all  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 12:37 pm

I never knew Devo did a cover of the Stones' "Satsifaction".  What kind of rock have I been living under??
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 7:18 am

Today I have the opportunity to play bass with the worship team that is leading worship for the Iron Sharpens Iron conference.  I'm up way too early on a Saturday and it's going to be a full day, but it's going to be good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 10:17 am

Xid, how was the yesterday?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 10:33 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I never knew Devo did a cover of the Stones' "Satsifaction".  What kind of rock have I been living under??

You are not alone.  I didn't know that either...but I'm not a massive can.

Xid wrote:
Today I have the opportunity to play bass with the worship team that is leading worship for the Iron Sharpens Iron conference.  I'm up way too early on a Saturday and it's going to be a full day, but it's going to be good!

Let us know how that went.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Went to a "Star Wars" themed event at one of my wife's favorite places last night called "The Makery".  It's a place where you use stencils to paint/stain decorative signs (the signs are constructed from pine 1x4 slats).  I think they turned out really good.  It was also a trivia event, but sadly our team lost by 2 points.  This place is typically attended by mostly females, but on this night 4 of the women brought their nerdy husbands with them.  And I do mean nerdy, three out of the four guys were engineers.
Today I am making her go see the 50th anniversary screening of True Grit with me.

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Makery10

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 2:18 pm

The Iron Sharpens Iron Conference was great!  About 500 men from around the valley attended.  Worship was cool.  Hearing a room full of men singing to the Lord is an awesome experience.

On a sad note, Jeff Kisiah, who was heavily involved in ISI, passed away Thursday Night/Friday Morning.  He went peacefully in his sleep.  The cool thing about it is that he was up here a little while ago and spent some time in Glacier Park.  He said that if he only had one day left to live, he'd love to spend it in Glacier Park.  He spent Wednesday and Thursday up in Glacier.  So he got 2 days.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Xid wrote:
The Iron Sharpens Iron Conference was great!  About 500 men from around the valley attended.  Worship was cool.  Hearing a room full of men singing to the Lord is an awesome experience.

On a sad note, Jeff Kisiah, who was heavily involved in ISI, passed away Thursday Night/Friday Morning.  He went peacefully in his sleep.  The cool thing about it is that he was up here a little while ago and spent some time in Glacier Park.  He said that if he only had one day left to live, he'd love to spend it in Glacier Park.  He spent Wednesday and Thursday up in Glacier.  So he got 2 days.

Sounds like an awesome experience. Sad to hear about Jeff though, but it's cool he got to spend some time in the park. I'm sure the glories of the life to come are so much greater though, and that he's enjoying those Smile It sounds like he had a terminal condition then? (if I may ask)
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 7:07 pm

I do not know.  Health issues were mentioned this morning at church, but nothing specific.  As far as I know, cause is unknown at this time.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 7:57 am

messiaen77 wrote:

Wow, you've never seen their cover of "Satisfaction"?  Shocked

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 8:21 am

I'd never seen that either and was greatly content in that.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:09 am

I remember finding that cover and just being confused by it. It barely sounds like the original.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 3:41 pm

You're just another face that I know from a TV show
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 11:12 am

Today is an interesting day.

Right now, I am dealing with someone in the church who is hiding behind someone else and demanding that we sing the same song every week after we take up the offering.  What song, you ask?  Doxology.

While I have nothing against the song, I am against man-made traditions that soon cannot be changed or undone.  I think it is wrong to demand that we do the same thing every single week.  I believe that the person means well, but it doesn't take long before you have a little power struggle where this person/persons wants to run everything but doesn't want to speak out and reveal that.  Also, doing the same song every single week will quickly get tiresome and mundane to the point that the strength of the lyrics will soon be lost because it is so routine.  I don't want the spirit to be quenched just because people get tired of the same ol' same ol'.

On a more positive note, I posted a few months ago about meeting someone who had a long lost brother who looked incredibly like me.  Well, we got to meet today.  We favor a lot!  We like a lot of the same things and have a lot of similar mannerisms.  I am praying about taking a DNA test to see if we are really related or if we are just a cool coincidence.  My wife will still be related to him loosely as my twin is the half brother of Holly's third cousin.  See, that isn't confusing at all!  LOL

Like I said, it is an interesting day!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 34 Img_2032

This is my "twin".  We don't look as much alike as the photos I posted a few months ago seemed.  But, there are a ton of similarities down to what brand of glasses we buy, preferred choice of shoes, similar tastes in movies, similar sense of humor, even the ways we sit.  My wife thinks we look more alike than my brother and I do.

I am seriously considering a DNA test.  We might be related, and we could just wind up being cool coicindences.  He wouldn't be the first friend I have made online.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 2:45 pm

I'd be willing to bet money you are related.  Not my life savings but maybe $10.  If I didn't know you I would have thought you two to be brothers.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 6:29 pm

You totally look like you could be related!

Fundy

Number of posts : 5322
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 5:09 am

I don't think you're related at all.  He's got a full beard and a different coloured t-shirt.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 5:25 am

Fundy wrote:
I don't think you're related at all.  He's got a full beard and a different coloured t-shirt.
You're right. In Hawaii there were whole families wearing the same aloha shirt with the mother in a dress of the same print. These two are totally not related.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next