Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
My wife has a cousin named Catherine who got married a few years back and changed her last name to Jones.  I told her after the wedding that she should change her middle name to Zeta....she gave me an odd look and asked "why"......she didn't get it.

lol, there's a good reason for that: Can you actually name a film that she's been in that could be classified as a chick flick????   I mean, it's all stuff blowing up, swords, guns, and car chases and yawn, yawn, and yawn.   geek

Chicago was not a dude flick.
And the Mask of Zorro was pretty darned chick-flicky as well.
Other than that I have hard time naming many of her other films....seems like maybe she was more famous for who she married than her volume of work.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Sorry, don't know Chicago, but I've seen Zorro (sword fights?). Don't know who she married, but that's no surprise seeing as I'm very much out of the loop when it comes to anything Hollywood really...more of a reader.

It was a good quip though (even if she didn't get it)
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 am

Michael Douglas.  Son of Kirk.   Wink
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 3:28 am

Kirk?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 7:21 am

Normaniac wrote:

No!  The son of Kirk was David!  That was revealed in The Wrath of Khan and The Search for Spock!

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:10 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

No!  The son of Kirk was David!  That was revealed in The Wrath of Khan and The Search for Spock!

lol!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am

Khan Douglas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 am

Xid wrote:
Khan Douglas?
Kirk's lesser known brother who became a shoe salesman in Newark.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Kirk?

She married the U.S. actor Michael Douglas (who's father Kirk Douglas, was also a famous actor).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Douglas

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:52 am

FINALLY! A straight response. Thanks SB.
You guys are hilarious
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am

Jen5 wrote:
You guys are hilarious

You wanted straight answers and you came here?  What were you thinking???  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 9:06 am

We have had days and days of rain.  We've had over 10 inches of rain this month with another expected 3-5 inches tonight and tomorrow.  We've had some flooding, but they are now warning people to have an escape route with this new line of rain and potential floods.  We are expected to get strong straight line winds and possible tornadoes as well.  While we have had three February's that were wetter on record (two in the 1800a and 2018).  However, we are expected to exceed those records over the next 24-36 hours.

Pray for the people of Middle Tennessee as it is about to really get bad as the ground is just sloppy wet everywhere you go.  The creeks and stream just barely get to recede before the next round of rain comes.  Everything is full now, so the extra rain will bring major flooding according to the weather people.

While I am not in danger of being flooded out of my home, my basement does fill up during these times.  I am running a sump pump down there that shoots out 1800 gallons per hour.  I ran this for about 4 hours last night and still have a couple of feet of water in the basement this morning.  I am just trying to keep it pumped down so when the next round hits I won't end up with 6-7 feet down there as I did in 2010 when Nashville flooded so bad.  That was in May of 2010 and we had over 17 inches of rain that year in a month.  Ten of that fell in two days resulting in the worst flood in Nashville history.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 am

Wow, that's getting to hurricane level of flooding  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Jen5 wrote:
You guys are hilarious

But often useless!  Laughing

Fundy

Number of posts : 5321
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
You guys are hilarious

But often useless!  Laughing
My hilariousness is most useful.  Pfffft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 am

kerrick wrote:
We need to get snow tires...  I think I'm just gonna buy complete wheels so I can swap 'em out myself instead of having to have our car taken in to get the tires changed for winter.

Yeah, do that. It's worth it. You don't have to book an appointment for tire changes twice a year, only when you need to replace the tires. I'm sure you can change wheels at home. Very Happy

We don't have flooding, but this week we've swung from below 0°F (a temperature at which either my car doesn't start or the handbrake seizes up) to above melting. It's a mild and sunny day. There may be some melting, which inevitably leads to ice formation.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 am

We're supposed to get 10 more inches of snow between tonight and Monday night. I vote we bring back global warming, this polar vortex has warn out it's welcome.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:
We're supposed to get 10 more inches of snow between tonight and Monday night. I vote we bring back global warming, this polar vortex has warn out it's welcome.

Your side of the state is like a completely different world from ours.  We aren't really getting any snow anymore, but dang is it cold.  I'm more than a little worried about spring though.  With all this snow in the mountains we could have some serious flooding when it gets melting.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:24 pm

I expect major flooding, this snowpack isn't frozen solid like most years if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm

We are right at the 13 inch mark for rain this month making Feb. 2019 the wettest ever in Tennessee history.  We have more coming tonight and again on Thursday.  At least we will get a few days to dry out and MAYBE get the basement pumped out.  

I had it down to about a foot of water yesterday afternoon.  With overnight and today's rains, I am up to about 3 1/2 feet.  I am going to let that pump run for a few hours and see what happens.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:01 am

Man Chris, hope things stay manageable for you guys. Is your basement unfinished?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:14 am

My basement is unfinished.  It has flooded in the past as well.  We will be showering in cold water tomorrow as I had to shut down the water heater.  Water will be well up over the elements.

The water is coming up faster than I can pump it out.  I went to check the pump and make sure it was not blocked.  I pulled it up, and the nozzle where the hose attaches snapped off.  It was brand new and still in the box when I started it Friday!!!!  Sadly, I bought it TEN years ago from Amazon and can't say spit about it.  So, the water is just going to rise throughout the night.

All the dams around us are hitting record high pool levels tonight.  While I won't be hurt if something happens, there are a lot of places in Nashville and surrounding counties that could be devastated if those dams break.  They are trying to keep from opening them.  However, there is so much pressure that water is coming through the spillways anyway.  They will have to release the pressure tomorrow.  A lot of people could possibly loose homes if that happens.  Like I said, my basement is full, but I won't suffer any real structural damage as we have had this happen before.  I feel for anyone who loses a house or business.

Needless to say, I am sick of rain.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Been a crazy winter for sure, everyone is sick of moisture at this point.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 pm

While the water is still coming in from storm drains, it has slowed.  I was able to pump out around 4 1/2 inches tonight.  I need a full day to run this pump but m afraid I would burn it up.

I may can fix the first one, so I will then start running two.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 25 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next