For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 19804
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Down in the high teens the last few nights here.  While that doesn't seem cold to many of you, it's much colder than we are used to.

kerrick

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:19 pm

My daughter (who's now five months old already!) has learned how to screech like a pterodactyl.  This seems to be the preferred method of practicing using her vocal cords.  It's pretty comical though I wouldn't mind if she went back to quiet "oooooooh" and "mmmmmmm" hahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:23 pm

kerrick wrote:
My daughter (who's now five months old already!) has learned how to screech like a pterodactyl.  This seems to be the preferred method of practicing using her vocal cords.  It's pretty comical though I wouldn't mind if she went back to quiet "oooooooh" and "mmmmmmm" hahahaha...

Dang 5 months!!!  It goes too fast, before you know it she will want the keys to the car. Laughing

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Oh I know it!  Man these five months have just flown by...  And she's changed so much too.  It's been pretty amazing.   I love you
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 4181
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Time flies like nobodies business.  My son is 10 in two weeks, but it doesn't seem that long ago that I posted the below picture!
Enjoy all the changes, and take lots of photos and videos too.  It's fascinating watching them back.

Random Ramblings - Page 23 Metal210

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm

We have at least 10" of snow on the ground from Friday and it just started snowing again (looks like I have close to one inch almost on my car already).  This is really rare for our part of the state.  My wife works at the hospital (in labor and delivery).  The hospital is so concerned with making sure staff will be there tomorrow that they are giving employees rooms for the night (and a meal voucher) if they come in early.  So my wife left about an hour ago (7pm) and arrived safely (she doesn't start work until 6:30 am tomorrow).  She might just stay there tomorrow night as well since she works on Tuesday too.  
I will not be driving into work tomorrow, if I have internet and power I will just work from home.  Even if I make it the 20 miles to work alright it will take me twice the time to commute because nobody knows how to drive in the snow.  People in this area are known for just abandoning their cars on the roads and highways if the snow gets too bad to drive (and by too bad I mean 2-3 inches).  We are just not equipped for this.
Please pray that nobody else looses power.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 2155
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 am

Before you know it she will be done with high school! My oldest is 25, then 17 and 9. The years fly by enjoy it while she is small!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 19927
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 am

Staybrite wrote:
We have at least 10" of snow on the ground from Friday and it just started snowing again (looks like I have close to one inch almost on my car already).  This is really rare for our part of the state.  My wife works at the hospital (in labor and delivery).  The hospital is so concerned with making sure staff will be there tomorrow that they are giving employees rooms for the night (and a meal voucher) if they come in early.  So my wife left about an hour ago (7pm) and arrived safely (she doesn't start work until 6:30 am tomorrow).  She might just stay there tomorrow night as well since she works on Tuesday too.  
I will not be driving into work tomorrow, if I have internet and power I will just work from home.  Even if I make it the 20 miles to work alright it will take me twice the time to commute because nobody knows how to drive in the snow.  People in this area are known for just abandoning their cars on the roads and highways if the snow gets too bad to drive (and by too bad I mean 2-3 inches).  We are just not equipped for this.

The way you describe drivers there sounds exactly like Tennessee.  In my part of Tennessee, we typically see around 6 inches of snow for the whole winter.  People don't get to practice and forget what to do.  Or, they freak out and abandon their cars.  Me, I just keep going.  My dad made me learn to drive on snow.  Then, those 19 years I did for Bridgestone where they were heartless when it came to weather related absences, I bit the bullet and drove the 40 miles each way.  I have never let snow and ice keep me in if I wanted or needed to go somewhere.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

The way you describe drivers there sounds exactly like Tennessee.  In my part of Tennessee, we typically see around 6 inches of snow for the whole winter.  People don't get to practice and forget what to do.  Or, they freak out and abandon their cars.  Me, I just keep going.  My dad made me learn to drive on snow.  Then, those 19 years I did for Bridgestone where they were heartless when it came to weather related absences, I bit the bullet and drove the 40 miles each way.  I have never let snow and ice keep me in if I wanted or needed to go somewhere.

Exactly!  I was reading an article yesterday that indicated we had over 14" of snow at the airport in the last week (this was before last night's snowfall).  That is more snow than we get pretty much every winter (accumulative for the entire winter).  And it was certainly a record for one week in February.  
Driving in snow isn't impossible (especially with front-wheel drive), you just need to drive slower, leave plenty of distance between vehicles (which 95% of drivers in this state will NOT do ever).  Don't panic, and turn into the skid when they happen.....and avoid hills (pretty much impossible in this area).  So when it snows more than an inch, I just don't drive. Not because I can't do it, but because 80% of the other drivers here can't.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 am

Having lived in the foothill of the mountains i'm used to snow but this weekend has been pretty nuts with as fast as it came down. I thought I was moving away from this but it followed us. Staybrite is right, slow down people.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Exactly!  I was reading an article yesterday that indicated we had over 14" of snow at the airport in the last week (this was before last night's snowfall).  That is more snow than we get pretty much every winter (accumulative for the entire winter).  And it was certainly a record for one week in February.  
Driving in snow isn't impossible (especially with front-wheel drive), you just need to drive slower, leave plenty of distance between vehicles (which 95% of drivers in this state will NOT do ever).  Don't panic, and turn into the skid when they happen.....and avoid hills (pretty much impossible in this area).  So when it snows more than an inch, I just don't drive. Not because I can't do it, but because 80% of the other drivers here can't.

I will drive in it, but only if I have to now.  I feel the same as you about the 80% of drivers who can't handle driving in the snow.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm

There is much sadness in the alldat household today.  We had to say our final farewell to a dear friend that we've had in our lives for 26 years.  Yes, our old central heat and air system finally gave up the ghost.  The funeral.....er, installation of the new unit...was quite pricey.  So, I am in deep mourning over the money that we had to spend.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4030
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Hopefully your new unit will be more efficient than you old one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 4:11 am

If we were in the same room right now, alldat, I'd slap you. As I started to read, I was like "oh nooo..." and even felt genuine tears well up in my eyes for you...and then you went and hit me with the central heater. Grrr and grrr you deserve the bill for that joke buddy!! I'm like  Fight and  Tongue
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3665
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:49 am

alldatndensum wrote:
There is much sadness in the alldat household today.  We had to say our final farewell to a dear friend that we've had in our lives for 26 years.  Yes, our old central heat and air system finally gave up the ghost.  The funeral.....er, installation of the new unit...was quite pricey.  So, I am in deep mourning over the money that we had to spend.

You may have some regrets now . . . but probably not when it gets to be summer.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4030
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am

Jen5 wrote:
If we were in the same room right now, alldat, I'd slap you. As I started to read, I was like "oh nooo..." and even felt genuine tears well up in my eyes for you...and then you went and hit me with the central heater. Grrr and grrr you deserve the bill for that joke buddy!! I'm like  Fight and  Tongue
lol!  Hit him again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Jen5 wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 23 2Q==

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Mad   Mad
Fight

Grrr
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 am

Felt good to run some resin trials . . . on to the next ones  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 5971
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 pm

I sometimes enjoy driving in the snow. Of course, I have winter tires, although they're not the greatest. I like it when the roads slip a tiny bit but aren't merciless. I am a bit more intrepid than a lot though, which could easily lead to me crashing. But so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 9:53 am

If we had snow more often over here, I'd consider snow tires but we really don't get too much snow relative to everything else here in Amish country  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 am

We need to get snow tires...  I think I'm just gonna buy complete wheels so I can swap 'em out myself instead of having to have our car taken in to get the tires changed for winter.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 am

Throughthedarkradio, how much do Amish tires cost?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Throughthedarkradio, how much do Amish tires cost?

They aren't for sale. You have to chop down a tree and carve them for yourself.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Well, more snow again today!  Which means more shoveling for me...  My arms are going to be huge by the end of this winter hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 23 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: