For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 19910
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 pm

kerrick wrote:
"Worship wars"?  I'm not familiar with that term.  As in styles of worship music sung in church?

Exactly!  Churches still argue over that.  I want to tackle that head on.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 2788
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Oh right on.  That's a pet peeve of mine.  It's as if people think the worship music is for/about THEM, not God...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Truthfully, the Scriptures point out that singing is praise.  Worship is presenting ourselves as living sacrifices so that our minds are transformed so that we can know God's perfect will.  Worship is how we live, not what we sing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 am

Ah I see.  Yes, those two words are used interchangeably oftentimes.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3658
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:08 am

Didn't go for a run this morning since the temperature was 1 degree F.  I'll wait until tomorrow when it'll be 10 degrees F when I go for my run  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 2:13 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Didn't go for a run this morning since the temperature was 1 degree F.  I'll wait until tomorrow when it'll be 10 degrees F when I go for my run  Very Happy

Whoa! Dat be cold.
It's in the 90s here. Broke 102 the other day. Unseasonably hot for this part of the world. I'm M-e-L-T-I-N-G
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 pm

Jen5 wrote:

Whoa! Dat be cold.
It's in the 90s here. Broke 102 the other day. Unseasonably hot for this part of the world. I'm M-e-L-T-I-N-G

Well, come over to the States for a while . . . . we've got places that have a wind chill of -50 degrees F  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Jen5 wrote:

Whoa! Dat be cold.

Well, come over to the States for a while . . . . we've got places that have a wind chill of -50 degrees F  Very Happy
Quite suitably, I'm listening to The Door by Neal Morse right now: "People crying 'Lord have mercy.' But they've gone in through the gates of Hell" -- lol -- Lord have mercy on the folks who live at -50. I'd be happy with something in the 70s thanks. Arizona perhaps?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 pm

^Isn't Neal Morse a universalist?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else...?  Because those lyrics would be surprising to hear from someone who doesn't believe in hell.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 4:15 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Isn't Neal Morse a universalist?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else...?  Because those lyrics would be surprising to hear from someone who doesn't believe in hell.

I don't know the details of his faith, but he's definitely a dedicated Christian (Born again I believe). The chorus from the song is: 

I don't wanna be the one to bring the curtain down
I'd much rather stay at home and keep what I have found
But Jesus didn't call me to do what I would do
So how can I keep silent when I know the truth?

How can I keep silent when I know the truth?
I ask myself one question: What would Jesus do?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Cool.  I remember seeing in an interview somewhere him saying something quite unorthodox but I don't remember what it was now...  Oh well, carry on.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 19796
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 5:30 pm

kerrick wrote:
Cool.  I remember seeing in an interview somewhere him saying something quite unorthodox but I don't remember what it was now...  Oh well, carry on.  Smile

...my wayward son.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 6:19 pm

They'll be peace when you are done...

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 8:02 pm

lol yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he were one and just lived with the contradiction. He's a prog writer so there could be some artistic license with the story. But who knows? if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm

I have come to realize that I have problems understanding intent of someone's conversations.  It doesn't matter if it is online or in real time.  I often misread people's motives and make judgements based on what I thought I knew.  Then, things take a turn for the worst.  So, I withdraw from people and become a partial recluse.  I don't even think I know how to make and keep friends anymore if ever.  I feel like I am as socially awkward as Sheldon on Big Bang Theory--except he has multiple friends.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9294
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 2:28 am

You're in good company Alldat.
I often post things that I later realize could be interpreted differently. Before I hit "Enter", many times I will read aloud something I write and try to interpret it from other's POV so as to not inadvertently upset someone who misunderstands my actual intentions. 

It seems 25% of what I wish to convey in a verbal setting comes out way different than what was in my brain. I've always hated that about myself. I'm surprised I ever made it thru a professional career or got married. After 22 years of marriage, my wife totally understands me... I can say something that others would look at me puzzled, and Lisa knows exactly what I meant. Thank GOD for sending someone in my life who's patient and completely "gets" me.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 3:25 am

Yup. Totally agree with what Jim says. You're not alone in that Chris. I often catch myself saying stuff that comes out wrong. I also catch myself making snap judgments based on incomplete information. I'm sure we all do. That you are aware of it gives you an opportunity to ask yourself in each situation, "is there another interpretation that I'm missing here?" It doesn't make for a smooth conversation, but at least it makes for a fair one. Most people aren't out to insult or to scheme behind closed doors. Just assume there's more to the story and you'll get over the rough patches and protect the relationship in the process.

Giving a person the benefit of the doubt can be really challenging in practice (especially when you feel you've been targeted by them). I used to really struggle not assuming the worst. My a-ha moment came about ten years ago. While driving, I cut a guy off and he yelled at me in very graphic terms as if I had pulled out in front of him intentionally. He assaulted my character in ways that were shocking to me. And all for making a mistake. He assumed I was being a jerk when that was the farthest thing from the truth. I simply hadn't seen him. Truth is, his snap judgement made me cry. I felt awful and unjustly accused (and abused). But then, while trying to make sense of it all, I was suddenly aware of the other side of it all. He must have been so startled by my unexpected appearance. I imagine his heart must have been racing and his adrenaline pumping. His irrational outburst would have been a knee jerk reaction rooted in that fear. I could hardly blame him. So here I was thinking I had been wrongly accused and I was the pot calling the kettle black.

Some months later, a work mate came fuming into my office, closing the door after her, and ranting about our boss and how he was intentionally holding her back because he hadn't approved her project and he had said that he would look at it and the due date for submitting it to upper management was looming and and and... on and on it went. When she had gotten the load off her chest I said (remembering my road rage guy), "you know, he's exceptionally busy right now with a publishing deadline looming. If I had to guess, I'd say he's simply forgotten that he told you he'd take a look at your proposal. Go talk to him." Five minutes later she came back into my office saying how awful she felt for condemning him so wildly and assuming the worst. He'd simply forgotten how time sensitive her work was and approved it on the spot.

I don't know if that story is helpful to you or not, but it was a useful experience for me at the time so I thought I'd share it here.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 9:24 am

To borrow a phrase from War's "Why Can't We Be Friends":
"Sometimes I don't speak right
But yet I know what I'm talking about"
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Our nation has lost its ever-loving mind.  Starting today, girls can join the BOY Scouts.  I am glad I don't have kids or grandkids.  If I did and they were in the scouts, I would have to pull them from this.  I don't need an organization that was once built on Christian values allowing homosexuals to take my kid on overnight camping trips or sharing a tent with a girl to learn how to be a man.

This is ridiculous.  If you have a girl who wants to be in scouts, join the GIRL Scouts!  Is it so difficult to understand?

Let me help.  Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina!

End of rant.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15356
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 10:48 am

You are not alone in this Chris.
I recognize some the the things you meantioned.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 am

Stupid hangnails!!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 5971
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Stupid hangnails!!

Alka seltzer, tang and a 50... hangnail!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 6:04 am

If you don't want hangnails, get some sort of manly smelling shea butter.  It works great for dry skin, hangnails, and will help slow down the effects of aging when when used on your face.

Although we have had no measurable snow this year, we are using our 5th snow day this year.  We were closed for four days last week due to the outbreak of the flu and strep/  Due to heavy rains overnight and severe flooding in some parts of the county, we are closed again today.  So, guess who couldn't go back to sleep when the official call came out at 3:45!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 4023
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:02 am

You know it's been cold when you go outside and 6 degrees Fahrenheit is tolerable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 12:21 pm

We've actually hit minus temps the last couple nights. Totally unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 22 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: