Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
It's been one year since the incident.  Hard to believe.

Are you back up to at least 90%?

Well, I'm running two miles every morning so I guess that's something.  There's still plenty that I need to improve but overall I'm doing well  Very Happy

Your still doing better than me.  I can only make about 30 minutes on the elliptical before I feel like I'm going to pass out.  I really need to work on getting to the gym more than twice a week.

Just take it slow.  Add a minute to your workout every week or two.  Doing that will pay off in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
It's been one year since the incident.  Hard to believe.

Are you back up to at least 90%?

Well, I'm running two miles every morning so I guess that's something.  There's still plenty that I need to improve but overall I'm doing well  Very Happy

Your still doing better than me.  I can only make about 30 minutes on the elliptical before I feel like I'm going to pass out.  I really need to work on getting to the gym more than twice a week.

Just take it slow.  Add a minute to your workout every week or two.  Doing that will pay off in the long run.

Thanks for the encouragement.  Smile

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Darn it! A few weeks ago before taking my wife's car in for repairs we had a huge bolt in the front tire and had to buy a new one. Now daughter's car has 3 nails in the back tire before I take hers in Monday for repairs. That's another bad thing about hurricanes. Lots of debris and nails on the road! My wife's car should be ready next Friday. Been in the shop for 3 weeks. I got to Walmart tire center and hour before they opened so I would be first in line so here I sit waiting for them to open.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 9:14 am

I just had my truck in the shop as well this week.  I had gotten too close to another car while parking and scraped the side of their door pretty bad.  I reported it to the cops and exchanged info with the owner.  I put my truck in the shop on Monday to repaint the scratches on my bumper.  I was in a rental car for a couple of days. I hate driving rental cars.  I just never want to pay the extra above what the insurance company pays, so I always get stuck with these little cracker box sized cars that tall people have trouble getting in and out of.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 11:33 am

I wouldn't mind a cracker box sized car. I'm the size of a cracker anyway.

I saw my ex briefly yesterday (we still talk a bit and she had to drop something off). When she pulled in with her car, the first thing I noticed was the smell of seized brake. Those are always fun. And to make it more fun, she was a 20- to 30-minute highway drive away from home.

After a few expensive bills this fall, I'm hoping nothing goes wrong too soon with my car. I'm thinking of selling it off after the winter if I have enough money to afford something newer and more reliable.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Although we only use one at a time, my church had one of our vans stolen this weekend right out of the parking lot!!!  It sits on the front of the property on a fairly busy street.  They keys were locked up in my office, so someone had to unlock the door and hotwire it.  Of course, they took the one that had the nicer paint job.  Fortunately, they took the one that doesn't run as well!

We filed a police report, but there isn't much they can do about a car theft unless they see the van on the road.  Most likely, it was stolen to be quickly repainted and moved somewhere.  The police said that older church vans were often stolen and reused for human trafficking.

I am praying that it was just some teens taking a joyride.  Nashville had 5 teens (ages 17-19) busted for multiple carjackings.  We are praying that whoever took it falls under conviction and just returns it.  If they do, we will not press charges.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 10:04 am

It's pretty sad when you hear about things like this.  It happens far too often since people see churches as easy targets (stealing vans/buses and audio/video equipment).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Oh man that is terrible.  Takes someone really low down (or with a seared conscious) to steal from a church.  Hopefully it was just taken for a joy ride and you will see it back in a few days or weeks.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 8:45 pm

It is sad, but there is a bright side.  We have had hundreds of people share our story on Facebook.  We've reached nearly 30,000 people with the news of our van theft.  All four news channels in Nashville came out and did interviews with me today.  People are watching out for the van. 

We've even had a lady call and say she has seen the van in her neighborhood.  Detectives are checking out her story.  Perhaps we will recover the van.  If we do not, however, the van is older and only has liability insurance.  There will be no replacement vehicle from insurance payments.

If you want to see one of the stories done today, you can go here:  https://fox17.com/news/local/van-stolen-from-hermitage-church-insurance-company-notices-local-trend-targeting-churches

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 pm

I like the grace you've shown in the interview. While in Canada the Crown would still go after the thief, I'd like to think I'd show that kind of grace in such a situation - and that the thief would respond to that grace.

The possibility of human trafficking is an unnerving one in particular.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Here is the video piece:  https://fox17.com/news/videos

Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 pm

I've been a bit absent here, so allow me to update everyone in case you haven't already seen it on Facebook.

On August 20, the timing chain in my Honda broke, damaging the valves in the process. I went for 3 months without a vehicle. It's just me and the wife, and our house is paid for, but with utilities and other circumstances, made it a very frustrating and slow process of putting back money for another ride. During this time, I had to bum rides EVERYWHERE. Work. Church. Grocery store. Laundromat. EVERYWHERE. (Talk about a pride killer. That right there will do it.)

Around mid November, one of the guys in my church said he was set to get a Ford pickup in a trade, and was going to give it to me for free, the only catch being it needed a fuel pump. I went along with this, not thrilled with figuring out how to get that done, but figuring it was a small price to pay for a free ride.

Three days later, I get a text from my wife saying one of her high school friends had a 2006 Toyota Sienna minivan that she would give me. The one difference being this vehicle is in running condition, has new tires, and has a spotless interior. (Guess which ride I went with?)

On November 27, I finally got street legal again, and hit the road. And it felt good to cruise down the highway cranking Rush CD's.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Very cool!  Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 am

That sounds like quite the roller coaster. I'm glad you've made it through Smile

My parents have a 2005 Sienna, btw. It's pretty much bulletproof. Apart from regular maintenance and a couple fixes, it's been flawless. Good storage space, too - you can fit a 4x8 flat in the back with the seats down and out.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 11:40 am

It's been one year since I had my last major surgery on my right lower leg.  Hard to believe it's been a year already.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It is sad, but there is a bright side.  We have had hundreds of people share our story on Facebook.  We've reached nearly 30,000 people with the news of our van theft.  All four news channels in Nashville came out and did interviews with me today.  People are watching out for the van. 

We've even had a lady call and say she has seen the van in her neighborhood.  Detectives are checking out her story.  Perhaps we will recover the van.  If we do not, however, the van is older and only has liability insurance.  There will be no replacement vehicle from insurance payments.

If you want to see one of the stories done today, you can go here:  https://fox17.com/news/local/van-stolen-from-hermitage-church-insurance-company-notices-local-trend-targeting-churches

You spoke very well in the interview and made a great representation of Christ's forgiveness at the end (the piece was also edited well).  Also thought it was cool that you introduced you as "Pastor Chris Dickens".  Very cool!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Samson wrote:
On November 27, I finally got street legal again, and hit the road. And it felt good to cruise down the highway cranking Rush CD's.

Fantastic news!  God is good!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 am

Ok so the tire thing Saturday didn't work out. I called Walmart on Friday to see if the tire center was open. They said "no we close at 4 but we open at 7". So I got there at 6am and waited til 7:05. By that time there were peoeple behind me. So I got our of the car and looked around and that's when I saw the sign that they open at 10! So I waited for over an hour with the sign right in front of my face that they don't open til 10! So I rush across town to Firestone. Luckily they put on a new tire within 45 min. 

Monday it's time to drop off my daughter's car for repairs. I asked about my wife's car. Nope, won't be ready till Jan. On December 24 they've had it 30 days and our rental expires! Called insurance to ask for an extension and they won't give one. So looks like we will be down a car but still have the other rental for my daughter's car. He did say "in fact your daughter's car will probably be ready before your wife's." Bummer! I swear this stuff is crazy! Not many bodyshops are open due to the hurricane damage and Walmart still not 24 hours. Enterprise Rental did tell me that bobdyshop is the only one open right now and they are backed up big time. I really hope they finish at least one of my cars asap! 

Signed with a roofer last week and my 50% down cleared this week so that's a good sign. He did contact me and said supplies were ordered. Then my insurance called and said "we see where you signed over your benefits to a contractor". Whoops!!! I didn't mean to do that but it is what it is. The insurance person said it isn't a big deal that the contractor typically finds more wrong once they remove shingles and supplement w the insurance company. A lot of people told me not to sign over benefits and to look for the lines in contracts not to do so I guess some of them are getting sneaky in their wording. I felt at ease when I found some people from work signed over their benefits because they didn't want to mess with it and let the contractor take care of it all. But all of my neighbors said "don't sign over your benefits" and the adjustor told me that as well when he came out. I don't really understand all of it but the good news is that I have a local contractor and not one from out of town and a few people are work are using this same guy. I just don't want to be out of pocket any more than the agreed price I have with the contractor.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 am

Oh and still no phone, cable or internet .was supposed to be restored last Friday and now they say they don't know when it will be.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 6:40 pm

The thief who took our van tried to sell the vehicle at a place where they buy junk cars cheap.  They had seen our story on the news articles this place and called the number on the side.  That goes straight to my church secretary's personal phone.  He told her what was going on and inquired if it was okay to buy the van.  She informed them that it was stolen.  He asked her to call the cops while they stalled the guy.  The thief escaped on foot when the police arrived.  We are gonna get our van back!  There is more to the story that I will tell when I can.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Wow, glad to hear you got the van back.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 12:47 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Oh and still no phone, cable or internet .was supposed to be restored last Friday and now they say they don't know when it will be.

Wow, I certainly hope that the companies who are providing those services aren't continuing to bill people in the area despite the fact that they have no phone, cable or interwebs.  That would be adding insult to injury.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Nope, no bill. It comes in every month but with a zero balance. Got our first water bill this week. Been free til end of Nov so we got Oct & Nov free but didn't have any water for all of October anyway.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 3:42 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Nope, no bill. It comes in every month but with a zero balance. Got our first water bill this week. Been free til end of Nov so we got Oct & Nov free but didn't have any water for all of October anyway.

That's good to hear.  Hope they can get the rest of your services restored soon.
Also hoping you can get the wife and daughter's car back soon.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next