Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
mr.electric40
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Jen5
rockerVu2
Dynamis
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Driven
messiaen77
Through The Dark Radio
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Random Ramblings - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 am

Driven wrote:
Why is it called Trunk or Treat? I guess you don't want to call it Trick, but why not, and why Trunk? Enlighten a guy who just calls it Halloween or cueillette de bonbons.
I used to see them held in church parking lots with a bunch of people decorating the trunks/tailgates/liftgates of their vehicles and handing out the candy.  The one we take our kids to every year used to do that, but then out of the past five Halloweens we've had one that wasn't rainy, snowy, or frigid, so they've started doing it in the gym with decorated tables.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 pm

The best Trunk or Treat we had was when a couple decked out a van like the Mystery Machine (Scooby Doo for those who don't know or don't remember) and they dressed like Daphne and Freddy.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Random Ramblings - Page 12 Eddietrunk_site
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 4:26 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Why is it called Trunk or Treat? I guess you don't want to call it Trick, but why not, and why Trunk? Enlighten a guy who just calls it Halloween or cueillette de bonbons.
I used to see them held in church parking lots with a bunch of people decorating the trunks/tailgates/liftgates of their vehicles and handing out the candy.  The one we take our kids to every year used to do that, but then out of the past five Halloweens we've had one that wasn't rainy, snowy, or frigid, so they've started doing it in the gym with decorated tables.

This is exactly what we did!  The kids could come to several decorated cars in the parking lot to get candy.  It is still the typical Trick or Treat asking for candy that they would do anywhere else.  We just used the cars to give them stations for candy since the weather was nearly 70 degrees last night.  They could then come inside the church for hot dogs. chips, cookies, and drinks while watching a few kid friendly Halloween cartoons.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2018 8:23 am

My wife and I worked a big portion of the day yesterday painting.  She will teach the youth (when our church grows enough to have a couple).  We've been repainting to cover up the hideous green that the room was done in to begin with.  Being a concrete block wall, it sucks up the paint, so we are having to do a lot of extra coats.  It will look nice when we are done, though.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 9:12 am

I remember at a previous church people complained when a room that they used was painted purple.  They had a chance to paint it but never did so another group that used the room frequently painted it themselves.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I remember at a previous church people complained when a room that they used was painted purple.  They had a chance to paint it but never did so another group that used the room frequently painted it themselves.  Laughing

Yikes, they didn't have enough committees Shocked
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am

Did my civic duty and voted today  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 am

Random Ramblings - Page 12 D2d8db4471f22a5fdb772e9df19b7f92-d7r7clf
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Did my civic duty and voted today  Very Happy

I did as well!  I had always done the absentee ballot out of laziness/convenience but this time I actually went down to the booths!  There was quite a line; maybe next time I'll do the absentee again...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 4:00 pm

It's odd that Pennsylvania doesn't have early voting and makes it difficult to do absentee voting  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm

I did my civic duty last month.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 am

It's odd that Pennsylvania doesn't have early voting and makes it difficult to do absentee voting  Suspect
The Man is keeping you down!  Fight the Power!!

afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 am

messiaen77 wrote:
The Man is keeping you down!  Fight the Power!!

afro afro afro

WORD!!!  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Maybe it is just my imagination, but why is it that in every church I have ever attended (or worked in) that people complain against things that aren't necessarily the pastor's fault but they make it his?  Then, they hide behind unsigned letters to the pastor or make phone calls to other members who will inform the pastor but don't want to be identified?  Talk about spineless!

I apologize for the rant, and the complaints areover  nothing that won't go away on their own.  It just makes me mad when I hear of it happening to someone else in ministry or to me.

If you have a problem with something your pastor is doing or not doing, please be a friend and take it directly to him AFTER you pray about it.  Be kind.  Be gentle.  Perhaps you will change his mind about something.  Maybe he can explain his position.  Just don't be a spineless coward and hide behind someone else to make a complaint.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 5:22 pm

It happens all over.  People will complain to any leader except they one they have the complaint with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:26 am

Yeah, people want to complain, but they don't want it to come back on them.  My favorite is the "I don't have a problem with it, but I've heard people saying _______________" line.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Maybe it is just my imagination, but why is it that in every church I have ever attended (or worked in) that people complain against things that aren't necessarily the pastor's fault but they make it his?  Then, they hide behind unsigned letters to the pastor or make phone calls to other members who will inform the pastor but don't want to be identified?  Talk about spineless!

I apologize for the rant, and the complaints areover  nothing that won't go away on their own.  It just makes me mad when I hear of it happening to someone else in ministry or to me.

If you have a problem with something your pastor is doing or not doing, please be a friend and take it directly to him AFTER you pray about it.  Be kind.  Be gentle.  Perhaps you will change his mind about something.  Maybe he can explain his position.  Just don't be a spineless coward and hide behind someone else to make a complaint.

Ah, the flawed people that we all are Very Happy In my current church, it's hard to become friends with a pastor directly, since the congregation is pretty big. And in my case, if I have an issue to talk over, I feel like I need some basis of relationship before I can talk it over with someone. Not that it excuses sneaking, but in some ways it's understandable.

That said, I hope things work out. Feel free to vent to me (or anyone else willing) if you need it. Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 am

In our church, we tell the things who went well. It's so negative to tell the pastor things that didn't went well.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 9:43 am

Honestly, I've approached my pastor about some concerns I've had, but only after I have approached the person most immediately in charge of whatever it is.  I also try to always frame everything in terms of trying to understand why things are being done this way or as a concern because that's what it is.  I'm the guy who will voice the concerns I hear from other people (and myself) in order to get answers.  I definitely not the guy who complains about the songs we sing or the where he stands when he preaches or any of the inane things people gripe to the pastor about.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am

I told our pastor that I appreciated the way she said "y'all"  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 9:15 am

Did she leak across the border from my materland?

One of the things that drew me to our current church (seriously) was the fact that the pastor, though born locally, was raised outside of Jackson, MS, so he knows how to talk right.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

No, she's from the Lancaster, PA area but she did very well saying it "yawl"  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Your pastor is a woman?  For the most part, you won't hear of that in Tennessee.  Except for a few more liberal congregations, most people here aren't open to that at all.  I am not saying it is wrong--I am just saying that most people here just aren't open to the concept of a woman pastor.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 6:48 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Honestly, I've approached my pastor about some concerns I've had, but only after I have approached the person most immediately in charge of whatever it is.  I also try to always frame everything in terms of trying to understand why things are being done this way or as a concern because that's what it is.  I'm the guy who will voice the concerns I hear from other people (and myself) in order to get answers.  I definitely not the guy who complains about the songs we sing or the where he stands when he preaches or any of the inane things people gripe to the pastor about.

I aspire to this somewhat. I want to voice concerns to get answers in justifiable situations. I feel like I should also be part of the solution at some point, so I'm going to have to learn to step into leadership roles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next