For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Random Ramblings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1998
Age : 48
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Speaking of heat,it is currently 91 with 67 % humidity, yet it feels more like 100  with 80%.

If you have ever wanted to use a sauna, just sit in your car in the heat of summertime.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 2040
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Speaking of heat,it is currently 91 with 67 % humidity, yet it feels more like 100  with 80%.

If you have ever wanted to use a sauna, just sit in your car in the heat of summertime.
Yep, I saw on the local news where they said Florence was pushing a system to the South that would cause record highs in the Panhandle and coastal areas. It's terrible outside normally it's still pretty warm in Sept but never in the 100's like it has been the past 2 or 3 days.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19444
Age : 49
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am

We will get a break from the 90 degree temps we've had for a couple of days.  Of course, upper 80s isn't a lot different.

What is weird is that we will be wearing jackets here in just a couple of weeks traditionally.  This September is warm.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 2030
Age : 47
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 am

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I just learned that Netflix is doing an updated version of Sabrina, The Teenage Witch.  In the new version titled The Chilling Tales of Sabrina, the mother of our teenage heroine is a Satan worshipper.  Sabrina will also undergo a "dark baptism" on her 16th birthday and will also join the Satanic ranks.

I won't be watching this.  Just what we need is a show that openly has Satan worshippers that will be the HEROES of the show.  I don't mind dark tales where evil is rampant as even those show that the evil must be stopped.  But, when the hero is evil herself, we set up a generation that will learn from this show that it is okay to worship Satan.  Maybe switching to Pure Flix would be a good thing.

I saw something about this...  Sigh...  Although to play devil's advocate (heh, pun intended), I wonder which is worse: to portray being a witch as cute, fun, and lighthearted... or dark and sinister?  In this case, both the old and new are glamorizing witchcraft so neither would get my stamp of approval, but at least the new one is acknowledging where any of that is truly coming from: Satan.  Where I grew up, witchcraft was very prevalent and I went to school with multiple wiccans and whatnot.  It's evil stuff no doubt, but I assume the new Sabrina will cater to a much older audience who may not be as impressionable as little girls watching the old version.

I would HOPE that it would cater to an older audience, but you'd be surprised at what kids will tell you they watch.  Just listen to kids and they have seen some stuff that even we adults should not be.

With that in mind, what this show seems to want to do is NORMALIZE Satan worship.  It is going to make the hero someone who openly serves the devil.  Teens are most likely the target audience seeing that the main character will turn 16 during the first few shows.  I don't want any kids watching something that makes a Satan worshipper out to be a hero.  Maybe this show/comic is leading the charge to recruit people and perhaps it is just a marker indicating how far we have fallen as a nation.  Either way, I call this garbage and it shouldn't be on tv for any audience.  Call me a prude, fundamentalist, or whatnot, but I don't see this show in any positive light at all.
Honestly, something like this might have appealed to me as a teenager, but it wouldn't have had any real effect on most of us, however, because we seem to be able to separate fiction from reality.  This current generation, I'm not so sure about.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19395
Age : 51
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Speaking of heat,it is currently 91 with 67 % humidity, yet it feels more like 100  with 80%.

If you have ever wanted to use a sauna, just sit in your car in the heat of summertime.

Our summer is totally gone and we are pretty much in full Fall mode.  This morning on my way to work (7:15am) it was a crisp 46 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside.  Had to wear a jacket today and turn the heat on in my car.  Like I live in Canada or something, sheesh.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3827
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:18 pm

It was 40 here this morning and now we're at 59.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 2030
Age : 47
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Florence is skimming off to our east, so we've been under clouds most of the day.  Now the clouds are breaking up, so we'll be in the mid to upper 80s until the weekend.


Have we now become the old guys who sit around on our (virtual) porches complaining about the weather?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19395
Age : 51
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Xid wrote:
It was 40 here this morning and now we're at 59.

But you live in "Practically Canada" too! (we made it all the way up to the low 60's so far).

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 2040
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Been in the 90's here all dau with heat index around 102. Too hot for this time of year! I'm ready for jacket weather!
Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5882
Age : 100
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 pm

It's a nice 80 here. We still have it warm for some reason. That said, it's become a temperature swing season where it'll be 60 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon, instead of a more consistent temperature.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19395
Age : 51
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Driven wrote:
It's a nice 80 here. We still have it warm for some reason. That said, it's become a temperature swing season where it'll be 60 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon, instead of a more consistent temperature.

And you DO LIVE IN CANADA.....not fair!  Laughing

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

avatar

Number of posts : 1525
Localisation : Arizona
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Currently 106 here in Phoenix.  Same for tomorrow.  Finally, we will be cooling off next week when it will be in the upper 90's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19395
Age : 51
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Currently 106 here in Phoenix.  Same for tomorrow.  Finally, we will be cooling off next week when it will be in the upper 90's.


_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

avatar

Number of posts : 1525
Localisation : Arizona
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Only 111?  LOL!  It does not actually get hot in Phoenix until it reaches at least 120...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19444
Age : 49
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 am

I had to file an accident report at school today.  We have a boy in our class this year who is extremely autistic, nearly as tall as me, and weighs in at around 250.  Because of his size, he has learned to be a bully to get his way.

Yesterday, he became angry because we are trying to get him to communicate with pictures.  He was doing it, but now doesn't want to.  So, he started shoving and pushing trying to get his way and whatever he wanted without having to tell us.  He finally started throwing things and we put him in time out.  He didn't wait until the timer went off and stood up suddenly and wrapped his arms around me as he got up to shove me out of the way.  I braced and leaned into him to put him back in the chair.  When I did, the chair slid out from under him and we both went down.  He hit his back and head on some wooden cabinets.  I hit my forehead on the counter.  My right index finge was trapped between the boy and the cabinet as he fell, so I have a badly bruised finger (not broken) and a gash.  I have to wear a splint to prevent further damage and to allow the gash (rip) on my finger time to heal properly.  I am sore in  my back and have a headache as well.  Still, I have to go to work to face this kid again.

If this becomes a daily routine, I don't know how long I can take this.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 3450
Age : 48
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 am

Wow, that's pretty bad.  Hopefully things will start to get a little better so something like that doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 3450
Age : 48
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:32 am

Made it back from my quick trip to Cali to see Crumbacher and The Altar Boys in concert on Sunday.  It was a fantastic show, getting to hear both bands for the first time live.  Dawn Wisner-Johnson even brought her grandchild on-stage during one song  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 2030
Age : 47
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:23 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I had to file an accident report at school today.  We have a boy in our class this year who is extremely autistic, nearly as tall as me, and weighs in at around 250.  Because of his size, he has learned to be a bully to get his way.

Yesterday, he became angry because we are trying to get him to communicate with pictures.  He was doing it, but now doesn't want to.  So, he started shoving and pushing trying to get his way and whatever he wanted without having to tell us.  He finally started throwing things and we put him in time out.  He didn't wait until the timer went off and stood up suddenly and wrapped his arms around me as he got up to shove me out of the way.  I braced and leaned into him to put him back in the chair.  When I did, the chair slid out from under him and we both went down.  He hit his back and head on some wooden cabinets.  I hit my forehead on the counter.  My right index finge was trapped between the boy and the cabinet as he fell, so I have a badly bruised finger (not broken) and a gash.  I have to wear a splint to prevent further damage and to allow the gash (rip) on my finger time to heal properly.  I am sore in  my back and have a headache as well.  Still, I have to go to work to face this kid again.

If this becomes a daily routine, I don't know how long I can take this.
Man, that's rough.  I don't have the temperament for that kind of position.  It takes a special person, and I ain't special.  Praying it gets better for you.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 2030
Age : 47
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:23 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Made it back from my quick trip to Cali to see Crumbacher and The Altar Boys in concert on Sunday.  It was a fantastic show, getting to hear both bands for the first time live.  Dawn Wisner-Johnson even brought her grandchild on-stage during one song  Very Happy
So jealous.  Crumbacher was always a favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 3450
Age : 48
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:25 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Made it back from my quick trip to Cali to see Crumbacher and The Altar Boys in concert on Sunday.  It was a fantastic show, getting to hear both bands for the first time live.  Dawn Wisner-Johnson even brought her grandchild on-stage during one song  Very Happy
So jealous.  Crumbacher was always a favorite of mine.

The only bad thing about the concert was that with the venue (House of Blues) they were pressed for time so Crumbacher was only on for about a little over 30 minutes.  But it was still great.
Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5882
Age : 100
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I had to file an accident report at school today.  We have a boy in our class this year who is extremely autistic, nearly as tall as me, and weighs in at around 250.  Because of his size, he has learned to be a bully to get his way.

Yesterday, he became angry because we are trying to get him to communicate with pictures.  He was doing it, but now doesn't want to.  So, he started shoving and pushing trying to get his way and whatever he wanted without having to tell us.  He finally started throwing things and we put him in time out.  He didn't wait until the timer went off and stood up suddenly and wrapped his arms around me as he got up to shove me out of the way.  I braced and leaned into him to put him back in the chair.  When I did, the chair slid out from under him and we both went down.  He hit his back and head on some wooden cabinets.  I hit my forehead on the counter.  My right index finge was trapped between the boy and the cabinet as he fell, so I have a badly bruised finger (not broken) and a gash.  I have to wear a splint to prevent further damage and to allow the gash (rip) on my finger time to heal properly.  I am sore in  my back and have a headache as well.  Still, I have to go to work to face this kid again.

If this becomes a daily routine, I don't know how long I can take this.
Man, that's rough.  I don't have the temperament for that kind of position.  It takes a special person, and I ain't special.  Praying it gets better for you.

I was thinking the same. There's practically no way you could get me to do that. I'm glad you have the compassion and patience for it.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

avatar

Number of posts : 15219
Age : 89
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Wow, that's rough to read this about this kid at your school.
Are you doing better today?
I'll pray this get keeps calm from now on.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19395
Age : 51
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Praying things will level out with your large autistic student.  That can be an incredibly demanding job, and they don't pay you enough to be abused like that.  But someone has to do it, at least you are compassionate enough not to clobber the kids like I probably would want to.  I hope you recover quickly.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19444
Age : 49
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:24 am

I am recovering well.  My forehead still has the scratches but the bruising is not visible (thanks to using Arnica).  My finger is still bruised so I am wearing this annoying splint like I was told to do.  I think I will live.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19395
Age : 51
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:26 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am recovering well.  My forehead still has the scratches but the bruising is not visible (thanks to using Arnica).  My finger is still bruised so I am wearing this annoying splint like I was told to do.  I think I will live.

Seems like us older fellas take a little longer to heal than the youngsters do. 
I tripped over my son's bike the other day and hit my knee on the concrete slab...still hurts a few days later.  In my younger days it would have been gone by the next day.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   

Back to top Go down
 
Random Ramblings
Back to top 
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Random Ramblings
» Random Ramblings
» Random Eyes
» CRISTOBELL/HUTTON'S LATEST HATE-FILLED RAMBLINGS PART 1
» CATurday! random video thread day!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: