Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big (Little) News

Go down 
+11
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Hardkore
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
kerrick
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:58 pm

(Also posted on CMR but I wanted to share with y'all too of course!)

I am incredibly excited to announce the birth of my daughter, Gloria Magdalene King.  She was born yesterday (Labor Day) at 8:38am in the comfort of our home.  Veronika went into labor Sunday night at around 11:00pm and championed her way through it to the morning.  All went very well and both child and momma are doing great.

We chose to name her Gloria because - since we discovered that we were pregnant - it has been our prayer that God would bring glory to His Name through our child and this family.  Magdalene has special importance because according to the Gospel of John, Mary Magdalene was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection.  Christ calls her by her name and she recognizes Him.  This is our prayer for our beautiful daughter.  Additionally, the “dalene” portion serves as a reminder of God’s awesome creation displayed here in the Coeur d’Alene area and our gratefulness for getting to live and raise her in such a wonderful place as this.

Big (Little) News 20180910
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 5:33 am

Where's the Maiden onesie?

Big (Little) News Iron-maiden-the-pooper-baby-onesie
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 6:11 am

Now that's funny right there!!!!

Congratulation, Kerrick!  I think you will make a great dad!  Enjoy this little blessing from God!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 am

Congratulation Kerrick and Veronika with the birth of your daughter Gloria.
Glad to read all is well with mom and daughter.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 11:16 am

Congratulations!

LOL @ "The Pooper".
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Congratulations, Kerrick.  May she grow into the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM-loving child she is meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 2:52 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Kiss sleep goodbye!
She is very cute (must get her looks from mom).  Was she small?  She looks kind of tiny in your hands.

kerrick

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you all!  I am very encouraged by your excitement for us and am happy to get to share our great news with y'all.

MikeInFla wrote:
Where's the Maiden onesie?

Oh my goodness that is fantastic.  I need to buy that...  Especially after this morning.  Holy cow can this kid poop!

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Congratulations, Kerrick.  May she grow into the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM-loving child she is meant to be.

Aww yeah!  Well she was exposed to plenty of metal from the womb.  She got a little taste this morning (mostly power metal though) and I'll be sure to continue...   Twisted Evil  

Staybrite wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Kiss sleep goodbye!
She is very cute (must get her looks from mom).  Was she small?  She looks kind of tiny in your hands.

Thank you!  I have this hazy, distant memory of this "sleep" thing you speak of...  Razz   She's on the smaller side but nothing to be concerned about.  At birth she was 6 lbs 15 oz.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Congratulations! She's got the curl up in a ball thing down pretty well.

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 am

Super cool man ! Congrats and many blessings to your new family !
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 11:49 am

Congratulations!  Many broken night sleeps ahead!  But it's all worth it, so enjoy it all, because time travels so fast!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 am

Awesome man!  Glad all are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 9:18 pm

I saw this over on CMR, and we have discussed diaper explosions and midwifery, but I missed it here until now. Congrats again, I guess! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 am

Driven wrote:
I saw this over on CMR, and we have discussed diaper explosions and midwifery, but I missed it here until now. Congrats again, I guess! Very Happy

Diaper blowouts can be a mess! We had one happen in the van and didn't know about it until the toxic gasses reached the front of the van. It was deadly. Old diapers should be used in chemical warfare.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 am

You haven't had a diaper blowout until you have had to change a 15 year old in a wheelchair with one.  You new parents are pansies!  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks guys!  I look forward to getting the opportunity to share diaper explosion stories with y'all now.  Oh the perks of parenthood!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 pm

You got a girl, so you don't have to worry about the "duck and cover" of diaper changing.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Haha very true.  My friend who had a boy would just put a washcloth over his crotch when changing.  Something about the cool air just opens up the bladder apparently...   Laughing
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 am

kerrick wrote:
Haha very true.  My friend who had a boy would just put a washcloth over his crotch when changing.  Something about the cool air just opens up the bladder apparently...   Laughing
Yep.  My youngest actually peed in his own mouth once.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 am

I never got peed on (it was close though).  I did get pooped on once and had a kid poop on the couch once when I was changing him there.  Oh yes, and my daughter spit up in my mouth once.  It happened just like this.

kerrick

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 2:41 pm

"The Pooper" onesie has been ordered and is on its way!   Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Fantastic!

messiaen77

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:11 am

Staybrite wrote:
I never got peed on (it was close though).  I did get pooped on once and had a kid poop on the couch once when I was changing him there.  Oh yes, and my daughter spit up in my mouth once.  It happened just like this.

When my oldest was born we "won" a year's portrait package from a local photography studio.  She was doing one of those naked baby newborn shots with me holding him and I got the trifecta.  Needless to say, I had to burn that shirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big (Little) News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big (Little) News   Big (Little) News I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big (Little) News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next