Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???

Go down 
+9
Pro-Zak
mr.electric40
Xid
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
messiaen77
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 7:56 am

Xid wrote:
As long as what is promised is delivered and nobody got ripped off, no harm, no foul.

You're thinking of David Benson . . . oops, did I say that?  Twisted Evil

Through The Dark Radio likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am glad to see this got funded.  With the clip he released of one song on the record, this is gonna be doomy!

I have been talking to Mike Link (bass for Rose and MATW) about the "Crazy Little World" album.  Mike said that they recorded that album in the typical Rose style but changed it due to a lot of stuff that they all had going on in their lives at the time.  The original recordings were used to build the poppy sound we all heard and didn't care for.  I asked if those original tracks were still around.  Mike seemed to think so and also said that those tracks sounded huge.  We all need to tell Randy that we want to hear "Crazy Little World" as a full on rock onslaught.
I must have misread it because I thought he seemed to be saying that they recorded the release version on the tapes they used for those original tracks.  Anyway, a bit over $700 away from $20K and 5 hours.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
No, and not likely will ever do something like this again.

Did you not care for the last album, or some other reason?
Nothing to do w/it, and I meant any band. My support of bands is buying their finished products.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
No, and not likely will ever do something like this again.

Did you not care for the last album, or some other reason?
Nothing to do w/it, and I meant any band. My support of bands is buying their finished products.

Gotchya.  I can certainly understand that.

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 9:06 am

That's my preference too, but sometimes the extras put me over.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 10:05 am

I see that Lust Control has a Kickstarter for having Tiny Little Dots put out on vinyl.

Lust Control - Tiny Little Dots on Vinyl
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 6:07 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I see that Lust Control has a Kickstarter for having Tiny Little Dots put out on vinyl.

I am going to skip that since I don't do vinyl.  If it were for a new album, maybe.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I am going to skip that since I don't do vinyl.  If it were for a new album, maybe.
Same
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 10:10 pm

We are two months away from it being two years since this campaign began.  Randy still has backing vocals to do, mixing, mastering, etc.  I wonder if we will get this by the two year mark.

With it taking so long now on two consecutive Rose projects, I doubt I would back another.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 1:58 am

Caveat emptor!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 10:33 am

Here was the update.  There has been precious little sent out as to what the delays were.

I get wanting to update addresses after a two year wait.  But, you can go into a Kickstarter campaign and see what you pledged and what you should receive.  Surely the artist can see more than that.  Something just seems off to me.  I am not making any suggestions or accusations.  This just feels weird to me.

Pray for Randy and for him to finish this project is all I know to say or to ask.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 3:07 pm

I got that update too.  

Quote :
I'm working hard on the record, I plan to start mixing  next month, I'm still polishing up some of the guitar tracks, and moving on to back up vocals soon - some in which I have guest vocalist on, those will be tracked in there nearest studio, so keep all this in prayer, it's not as close to finished as I would like, but I do need to make sure each and everyone of you that have pledged in this campaign message me via kickstarter with your current name and address, as well as a clear definition of what you have ordered -
Talk to you Later

Randy

Thought it was kind of odd.  Maybe he's trying to gauge if people have disappeared completely.  Maybe not wanting to send cds to old addresses or people who don't even want it anymore.  I get that he had illness and studio equipment problems (and possibly other reasons for the delay).  But I certainly won't do another Kickstarter with him. I think 2 years is a bit too long to wait for a kickstarter.  If he records a third come-back album I'll probably just wait until it's actually for sale.

I'm also starting to wonder what is taking so long with the Kickstarter for the reissue of "Balance of Power" from Undercover.  It was completely funded on Dec 12th.  The last post was February 25th stating that the cd/vinyl was "in production", which leads me to believe they started manufacturing them in late February.  Well that was almost 4 months ago.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Yes, and a lot of places shut down during March so I'm not really too surprised. It's the same with LSU's The Grape Prophet.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 am

Randy takes the time to record a new album.
But how cool it will be when this album is finally released.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:58 am

Yes, and a lot of places shut down during March so I'm not really too surprised. It's the same with LSU's The Grape Prophet.

With Undercover, that makes sense with the shutdowns.  Girder and Roxx had some releases delayed due to the shutdowns.

Randy is still in the recording phase, and the studio is in his home.

Oh, when it finally comes out it will be cool especially since it is supposed to be a return to form for him.  I just hate backing projects that take this long.  There are other artists I have supported like Bloodgood, John Schlitt, and Disciple that have already begun recording before the Kickstarter campaign began.  They had a target date set for the release, and they did their best to meet that date.  Most beat it.  Then there is Randy and Guardian who took years. While everyone works at their own speed, it makes the ones who drag their feet look very unprofessional.  When the release isn't what you were hoping for (like Guarduian), it makes the who process stink.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 am

My Kickstarter update informs me that Undercover should drop in July.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Have never done a Kickstarter. Doesn't mean I never will but I would prefer to wait for the product to actually be released. 2 years is a long time to back something and get nothing. 

I think David Benson just disappeared, his last Kickstarter was 2011 and it never delivered. Wonder what he is up to now? haven't really heard anything from him lately and google turns up nothing.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Ah yes, that very well could explain delays in manufacturing.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 5:28 am

I doubt I'd ever do a kickstarter project.  I guess I've read too many posts where things take too long, or it just all goes quiet.  I just wait and then buy the album when it's available.

I've thought about putting money down for Bride over the years, but always stopped myself.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 9:56 am

Fundy wrote:
I doubt I'd ever do a kickstarter project.  I guess I've read too many posts where things take too long, or it just all goes quiet.  I just wait and then buy the album when it's available.

I've thought about putting money down for Bride over the years, but always stopped myself.

I supported Bride way back when they did This Is It.  They asked for a certain amount up front but without the use of Kickstarter.  It was foolish since there were not any guarantees.  They delivered.  I have backed them every time since as they tell you that this is pretty much a preorder.  They have funded almost every album since this way.  I am supporting them for the new one, too.

With Bride, most of the time they are well into the process before they start collecting money.  With the new one, they were already to adding drums and mixing/mastering before they began.  They have learned that you need to move quickly to please fans.  Other fundraisers I have participated in did the same thing whether it be Disciple, John Schlitt, John Elefante, Lovewar, The Altar Boys, etc.  But, it is the bad ones with little to no information that stick in your mind the most.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 3:25 pm

It's sad to see this happen, especially in the Christian market. It's one reason labels were good at getting artist to get things done on a deadline. I think I've done two or three Kickstartesr and got burned on one. I'm not the biggest fan of it. I've messed around with the idea a couple of times for my art (Death Is Gain), but just didn't want to deal with the hassle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2