Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???

Go down 
+9
Pro-Zak
mr.electric40
Xid
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
messiaen77
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 pm

I am pretty stoked that we are getting a new Rose record.  This one is supposed to be more in line with his classic material.  Randy is even bringing a few of the original crew back in to play on some songs.  So, I decided to back the project.  I hope it happens!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 am

Not yet but maybe. Would like to hear more as the last one was good for what it was but not my style at all. Really looking forward to see what he does with the next MATW project.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 am

I loved the last one, but I really dug the old stuff too.  I might go in on it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 1:25 pm

I probably will, but will have to wait and see what my budget looks like for September.  My daughter's wedding really wiped me out.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Backed it all ready  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 4:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Not yet but maybe. Would like to hear more as the last one was good for what it was but not my style at all. Really looking forward to see what he does with the next MATW project.

The short snippet in the intro video Randy did has more of a classic Rose vibe.  I really enjoyed "Songs For The Ritually Abused" as in had his classic sound mixed with a lot of other things to give it this creepy, ethereal sound.  But, I would be just as thrilled with a return to form.

As for MATW, my understanding of their projects was that they would do one new wave pop album which they have.  Then, they would follow the progression of their first few albums.  The 2nd new record should be a mix of new wave and rock.  Then, their third upcoming album should be a return to the rock era.  I sat out the first album but might be interested in the next depending on how much rock is mixed with the new wave stylings.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 8:20 am

A new Randy Rose albus is fanatstic.
I only don't do kick starter projects.

I want to  buy the new Randy Rose, as soon this CD is released.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 12:13 pm

It's not looking good for the new Rose album.  Only 5 days left and he still needs close to $9,000 (about half of what he was asking for).  I know he got a push towards the end of the last campaign, but I think it was only about $3000 in the last few days.  I'm not sure he's going to make it this time.  Any thoughts as to why?  Is he asking for too much money (the previous album campaign brought in $10,000).  Do you think old fans were a little burned by the musical change in direction on the last album?  Maybe people are just tired of funding musicians projects?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1260509704/new-rose-album-2018-kickstarter-campaign?ref=project_link

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 pm

That can be the cause.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 am

I blame Roxx Records and Retroactive Records for taking everyone's money for their new releases  Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Staybrite wrote:
It's not looking good for the new Rose album.  Only 5 days left and he still needs close to $9,000 (about half of what he was asking for).  I know he got a push towards the end of the last campaign, but I think it was only about $3000 in the last few days.  I'm not sure he's going to make it this time.  Any thoughts as to why?  Is he asking for too much money (the previous album campaign brought in $10,000).  Do you think old fans were a little burned by the musical change in direction on the last album?  Maybe people are just tired of funding musicians projects?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1260509704/new-rose-album-2018-kickstarter-campaign?ref=project_link

Yes, to all three!

He has his own studio and can record whenever he wants.  Why do you need $8000 more to do the same thing?  Some fans are probably put off by that.

Some fans were not loving the newest Rose record.  They wanted something less "Misfits" and more "Danzig".  I loved the new record, but a lot of his previous fans did not.

Crowdfunding is getting old.  It only works for those with a following, anyway.  No one would support someone like myself anyway.  All of these artists have their hands out and us indie guys record and produce our music for a lot less.  We have jobs, bills, and have to buy/maintain equipment.  They are no different than us to fund this out of pocket.

And all this comes from someone who has supported this new project of Randy's.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 5:06 pm

I was thinking much along the same lines as you Chris (at least with regards to cost, and the style on the last album).  Although in his defense the last album might have cost him much more to make than the 10K he got from the last kickstarter.  Much like you, I did contribute to this campaign as well as the last one.

Well that was a bit unrealistic.  Someone pledged at the "Executive Producer" level for $9000 and of course that was what Rose needed to put the album over the top.  Glad to see it will be made, but more than shocked that someone would pledge that kind of money. (and that's with a mere 133 backers).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 6:50 pm

I couldn't believe that someone bid that much!  But, praise God that they did!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Makes one wonder if he pledged it himself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 6:31 am

I guess it could be.  Who really would want to have their project shot down in flames from lack of interest?

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 8:07 am

Oh, there are people out there who do that sort of thing.  I've seen people pay quite a bit for some of the Tourniquet Kickstarters.

I don't know if you can actually pledge to your own project.  I wouldn't think so but whatever to get it done  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 am

As long as what is promised is delivered and nobody got ripped off, no harm, no foul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Oh, there are people out there who do that sort of thing.  I've seen people pay quite a bit for some of the Tourniquet Kickstarters.

I don't know if you can actually pledge to your own project.  I wouldn't think so but whatever to get it done  Very Happy
There are ways around that, but I guess we'll see when it comes out who the grand benefactor is.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Crowdfunding is getting old.  It only works for those with a following, anyway.  No one would support someone like myself anyway.  All of these artists have their hands out and us indie guys record and produce our music for a lot less.  We have jobs, bills, and have to buy/maintain equipment.  They are no different than us to fund this out of pocket.

Yeah, particularly the Kickstarter "all or nothing" variety.  I imagine there were probably a lot of people like me for this project--people who wanted the new music but couldn't get excited about it because it seemed so unlikely to actually happen.  I went in several times to pledge, but when I saw that he still needed over $10K to make it happen, it just didn't seem likely and I didn't want to spend the time to register my pledge when it was going to be a waste of time.  I also wondered about that cost since, like you said, he has his own studio and it seems a lot of his musicians are people he's related to. 

I much prefer the PledgeMusic approach that is really more like a pre-order.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 2:58 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Yeah, particularly the Kickstarter "all or nothing" variety.  I imagine there were probably a lot of people like me for this project--people who wanted the new music but couldn't get excited about it because it seemed so unlikely to actually happen.  I went in several times to pledge, but when I saw that he still needed over $10K to make it happen, it just didn't seem likely and I didn't want to spend the time to register my pledge when it was going to be a waste of time.  I also wondered about that cost since, like you said, he has his own studio and it seems a lot of his musicians are people he's related to. 

I much prefer the PledgeMusic approach that is really more like a pre-order.

Agreed.  I much prefer the PledgeMusic style campaign.
I held off until a few days ago myself (pledging to the Rose album)  but mostly because I hate waiting for the charge to post to my card (and I thought there was no way he was going to make it).
I too suspected it might have been a close friend or family member that made the 9K pledge, but the artist looses some of that money to Kickstarter (not sure if it is 10%, or what....but they still lose it).

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 5:03 pm

I supported... cant wait to hear it
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 5:24 pm

No, and not likely will ever do something like this again.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Candlemass wrote:
No, and not likely will ever do something like this again.

Did you not care for the last album, or some other reason?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 6:30 am

I am glad to see this got funded.  With the clip he released of one song on the record, this is gonna be doomy!

I have been talking to Mike Link (bass for Rose and MATW) about the "Crazy Little World" album.  Mike said that they recorded that album in the typical Rose style but changed it due to a lot of stuff that they all had going on in their lives at the time.  The original recordings were used to build the poppy sound we all heard and didn't care for.  I asked if those original tracks were still around.  Mike seemed to think so and also said that those tracks sounded huge.  We all need to tell Randy that we want to hear "Crazy Little World" as a full on rock onslaught.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 11:08 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I have been talking to Mike Link (bass for Rose and MATW) about the "Crazy Little World" album.  Mike said that they recorded that album in the typical Rose style but changed it due to a lot of stuff that they all had going on in their lives at the time.  The original recordings were used to build the poppy sound we all heard and didn't care for.  I asked if those original tracks were still around.  Mike seemed to think so and also said that those tracks sounded huge.  We all need to tell Randy that we want to hear "Crazy Little World" as a full on rock onslaught.

Oh wow, that would have been really cool to hear.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???   Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else going to back the new Rose Kickstarter???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next