For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Anyone know what this song is actually about?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jen5

avatar

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 pm

As y'all know, I'm a big fan of lyrics (good ones but also bad ones for the lessons they contain). This song by Dee Snider seems to be saying something of significance, but I can't figure out what he's saying. He talks about sin, despair, death and power and then says something like "it's too late to ask for help from God" which doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, I'm puzzled by the song. Anyone able to interpret the meaning of these lyrics? 


Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3676
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Basically you're at the end of your life and there's no hope but the hurricane is there to taunt and make sure you meet your demise.

Another song with a bunch of "cool" sounding lines that give off the illusion of having some deeper meaning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

avatar

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 am

Ah, so I'm not missing the point then because there is no point. That leaves me a little dissatisfied.   : (
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3028
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 am

Xid wrote:
Basically you're at the end of your life and there's no hope but the hurricane is there to taunt and make sure you meet your demise.

Another song with a bunch of "cool" sounding lines that give off the illusion of having some deeper meaning.

Sounds somewhat like Ecclesiastes.

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1974
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:42 am

Also Dee used an outside writer on the whole album I don't think he wrote any of it.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

avatar

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Sounds somewhat like Ecclesiastes.

Thanks topshot. I'll have a read
Back to top Go down
Jen5

avatar

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:49 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Also Dee used an outside writer on the whole album I don't think he wrote any of it.

Yeah, I read that. I can understand why he chose to do it that way. He specifically wanted a young writer. I guess to be current???
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3676
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Xid wrote:
Basically you're at the end of your life and there's no hope but the hurricane is there to taunt and make sure you meet your demise.

Another song with a bunch of "cool" sounding lines that give off the illusion of having some deeper meaning.

Sounds somewhat like Ecclesiastes.

But Ecclesiastes makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   

Back to top Go down
 
Anyone know what this song is actually about?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New Narnia Song
» Listen to the new Kutless song.
» A Song Is Born
» New song from Joshua Perahia.
» Stryper song titles (new songs)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: