Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone know what this song is actually about?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Anyone know what this song is actually about? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 pm

As y'all know, I'm a big fan of lyrics (good ones but also bad ones for the lessons they contain). This song by Dee Snider seems to be saying something of significance, but I can't figure out what he's saying. He talks about sin, despair, death and power and then says something like "it's too late to ask for help from God" which doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, I'm puzzled by the song. Anyone able to interpret the meaning of these lyrics? 

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Basically you're at the end of your life and there's no hope but the hurricane is there to taunt and make sure you meet your demise.

Another song with a bunch of "cool" sounding lines that give off the illusion of having some deeper meaning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 am

Ah, so I'm not missing the point then because there is no point. That leaves me a little dissatisfied.   : (
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 am

Xid wrote:
Basically you're at the end of your life and there's no hope but the hurricane is there to taunt and make sure you meet your demise.

Another song with a bunch of "cool" sounding lines that give off the illusion of having some deeper meaning.

Sounds somewhat like Ecclesiastes.

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:42 am

Also Dee used an outside writer on the whole album I don't think he wrote any of it.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 am

topshot rhit wrote:

Thanks topshot. I'll have a read
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:49 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Also Dee used an outside writer on the whole album I don't think he wrote any of it.

Yeah, I read that. I can understand why he chose to do it that way. He specifically wanted a young writer. I guess to be current???
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Xid wrote:

But Ecclesiastes makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what this song is actually about?   Anyone know what this song is actually about? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what this song is actually about?
Page 1 of 1