Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)

Go down 
+3
Jen5
Staybrite
JLE3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) Empty
PostSubject: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 11:57 am

I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. It came together pretty quickly. My 'acting' could use a little work though Smile  Thank you Jen for taking this on!

We're trying to surpass the 3,000 followers mark on Facebook with this vid. We're so close! Greatly appreciate the sharing of this one if you think it's worthy.

View on Facebook

Stay tuned at the end of the video for the title of our NEXT album and tentative cover art, which WILL be out this year. No specific date yet, but all of the music is complete. Lyrics, vocals, mix, master is all that's left to do.

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Super cool!  This much better than the karaoke version.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Super cool!  This much better than the karaoke version.
Thanks Staybrite. I think y'all would have been quite entertained by the filming of this video. John instructed me not to smile. For me, that's a tall, tall order. I limited myself to five takes...well, seven, but those two were more blooper reals than anything useful. On my first take, the tripod legs started to slowly shrink on one side. The image is this slow motion falling to the floor with high-speed Jenny running across the room to catch it before it hit and broke my precious camera. The other one is this digital gibberish as my camera ran out of juice. Five it is. lol -- I set myself a challenge to do it in five takes and when I was tempted to go over, the camera kept me honest. lol

What I liked about this project was that there was no pressure. There was no second-guessing my lyric choices, no big melody-related decisions. I could focus entirely on playing the part of broken, sad woman.

And John, I wouldn't change anything about your 'acting.' It was perfectly believable. You're awesome
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 7:48 am

I like the song, but I don't remember the original.  I only remember the song "Shout" by Tears For Fears.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 am

Well done!  I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 7:21 am

Just when you think Evans & Stokes couldn't get better, they go and turn themselves into a Tears for Fears cover band!

Hey, here's an idea for your next song...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gstq
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Just when you think Evans & Stokes couldn't get better, they go and turn themselves into a Tears for Fears cover band!

ROTFL  You kill me, Eric. There are a couple problems I see with your proposal. First, John has no hair. He simply couldn't pull it off. And second, I have a phobia of tacky red faux leather jackets. They make me very nervous for some reason (as in, you're not expecting me to actually wear that are you?). And third, well, just, no

Nah-uh
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Nope

No
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm

So...you'll think about it?

That was one of my favorite Psych episodes and I just look for any opportunity to share that clip.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:06 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

Challenge Accepted...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Can I swear at ya John?! I am not moved.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm

At all
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
So...you'll think about it?

Um.
No.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Well I accepted the challenge from messiaen77 and have spent hours learning the song 'Shout' by Tears for Fears. 

Jen, this song may be too difficult for me to play so you're right...we probably should not tackle something like this. The rhythm guitar parts are so intricate that I don't think I have the endurance to play them for the entire length of the song. But I gave it my best shot!!!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 pm

You a funny man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:49 pm

A scratch and win. That's hilarious. You're hilarious. Now, a real challenge would be to have both the guitar and the bass around your neck so you could play both parts simultaneously. I can't stop laughing. That was the funniest thing I've seen in absolute ages.

What Derek said. You a funny man!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 11:39 am

Shocked ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

That was fantastic!!!!  You win the internet today my friend.

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 am

JLE3 wrote:
Well I accepted the challenge from messiaen77 and have spent hours learning the song 'Shout' by Tears for Fears. 

Jen, this song may be too difficult for me to play so you're right...we probably should not tackle something like this. The rhythm guitar parts are so intricate that I don't think I have the endurance to play them for the entire length of the song. But I gave it my best shot!!!

cheers
We stand (or likely sit) in the presence of greatness my friends!  Now we just wait for Jenny to bust out the MJ moves in the video...
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Shocked ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

That was fantastic!!!!  You win the internet today my friend.

Hehe...thanks!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 2:53 pm

WINNAH!!!!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)   Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mad World - Evans and Stokes (Rock Cover)
Page 1 of 1