Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming New Movies...

Go down 
+10
Black Rider
Normaniac
topshot rhit
Xid
kerrick
Staybrite
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Fundy
Hardkore
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Upcoming New Movies... Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Considering some movie trailers that were released today, don't come out til next year, how about something for all movies...

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 am

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm really looking forward to Shazam. I loved it (the Sat morning tv show) when I was a kid!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I'm really looking forward to Shazam. I loved it (the Sat morning tv show) when I was a kid!

Same here!  Back then, though, the TV character still had the Capt. Marvel name.  After all the lawsuits between DC and Marvel, Marvel won the name and DC won the character.  So, now the good Capt. is just Shazam.

It will be interesting to see how Shazam and Marvel's Capt. Marvel do against one another.  They will be in theaters around 6 weeks apart.  I want to see Capt. Marvel due to the Avengers 4 tie in, but I feel like Shazam is going to be bigger for me just due to nostalgia's sake.

The Aquaman trailer looks great, too!  I'd pass on Godzilla as I am not a big fan.  However, I love Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things and would see this just to see her in a new project.  Let's just hope she keeps playing 11 for a few years to come!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm still not all that excited about keeping up with the multitude of super hero movies, but Shazam does look like it might be a lot of fun.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Fundy wrote:

I really liked Unbreakable, but I never saw the "Split" movie (it looked a little too gross to me).  So I want to see Glass, but afraid it won't make any sense if I haven't seen "Split".

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 am

I didn't even know the Marvel version of Capt. Marvel was a thing. I remember the comics waaayyyy  back when and he died. And I always remember they kept  him dead. Unless it's one of those reboot things. Hate when they do that. I still have Spiderman #122 where the Green Goblin dies. I'm pretty sure Norman Osborne returned, not sure about Gwen Stacy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 8:06 am

MikeInFla wrote:
I didn't even know the Marvel version of Capt. Marvel was a thing. I remember the comics waaayyyy  back when and he died. And I always remember they kept  him dead. Unless it's one of those reboot things. Hate when they do that. I still have Spiderman #122 where the Green Goblin dies. I'm pretty sure Norman Osborne returned, not sure about Gwen Stacy.

Yes, they created their own Capt. Marvel.  She is given power by the wizard Mar-Vel who infuses her with Kree DNA.  She has just about every super power known to mankind.  In the MCU, she will be crucial to bringing back all the dead heroes as she can maneuverthe Quantam Realm and time travel.  She went through a phase in the comics of being called M. Marvel, but they later made her a Capt. in the Air Force.  This will be the version we get on film next year.  They are setting it in the 90's, so she will become the "first" superhero discovered by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.

Like I said, I want to see it after they tied her into Avengers 3 and will be a major contender in Avengers 4.  However, I still think that Shazam! will be bigger for me just because of that Saturday morning TV show.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 am

None of you could see it, but I think the opening lines of the new Godzilla movie made my eyes roll so far back into my head that they did a full 360 haha.  Sigh... all these "humans are the scourge of the Earth" preachy movies are really getting tiresome.  I enjoyed the first one enough but I think I'll probably skip this one.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Whaddya mean SHE? This is Captian Marvel!

Upcoming New Movies... 250px-Captain_Marvel_29
Clearly not a she! He is a he! haha! And the only one I know of from Marvel.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Upcoming New Movies... Th?id=OIP.E_JBvjqoBFg6kUf33CCRAAHaLP&pid=15

Upcoming New Movies... Captain-marvel-1-1

Unfortunately, Mike, Capt. Marvel nowadays is Carol Danvers who was an Air Force pilot.  She is either the 5th or sixth (I didn't count them) incarnation of the Captain Marvel hero/heroine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_(Marvel_Comics)

I believe that her introduction here, as well as a latter incarnation of Ant Man/The Wasp), will be the beginnings of Marvel Studios switching the characters in the movies to the current comic books.  Iron Man retires after a young black girl retro-engineers his suit technology and she becomes Iron Heart.  Thor is also female as his hammer will reject him and choose his earthly girlfriend (Dr. Jane Foster) to become the new Thor.  Spider Man is now Miles Morales, a hispanic/black kid.  This character sort of has an introduction already as one of the bad guys working for Vulture in Spiderman: Homecoming was Miles' uncle.  Of course, we know that Capt. America dies and a couple of different people take on his mantle.  I believe the movies will cast Bucky as Cap. next as Sebastian Stan still has like 6 more movies to go.  Hulk is also replaced with She-Hulk now even though they were separate characters many years ago.

Seeing that they went with the replacement Ant Man/Wasp and now Capt. Marvel, I believe this is the route we will go.  Why?  Because Marvel Studios has always laid out a bit of their plan for each new phase of movies.  At present, they don't talk so much about plans beyond the current Phase 4.  I believe we will get the ol' switcheroo.  While newer comic fans may love it, I don't think that I will like having my favorite heroes made more PC.  I'd rather have the aging actors recast and continue with the current lineup.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 5:33 am

I see. Kind of like how Spiderman is an African American kid?

Upcoming New Movies... Miles-morales
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 6:20 am

He is mixed: half black half Puerto Rican.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 8:14 am

Good grief! What's next? The Hulk getting an office job?!? Oh wait. He did.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I believe that her introduction here, as well as a latter incarnation of Ant Man/The Wasp), will be the beginnings of Marvel Studios switching the characters in the movies to the current comic books.  Iron Man retires after a young black girl retro-engineers his suit technology and she becomes Iron Heart.  Thor is also female as his hammer will reject him and choose his earthly girlfriend (Dr. Jane Foster) to become the new Thor.  Spider Man is now Miles Morales, a hispanic/black kid.  This character sort of has an introduction already as one of the bad guys working for Vulture in Spiderman: Homecoming was Miles' uncle.  Of course, we know that Capt. America dies and a couple of different people take on his mantle.  I believe the movies will cast Bucky as Cap. next as Sebastian Stan still has like 6 more movies to go.  Hulk is also replaced with She-Hulk now even though they were separate characters many years ago.

Seeing that they went with the replacement Ant Man/Wasp and now Capt. Marvel, I believe this is the route we will go.  Why?  Because Marvel Studios has always laid out a bit of their plan for each new phase of movies.  At present, they don't talk so much about plans beyond the current Phase 4.  I believe we will get the ol' switcheroo.  While newer comic fans may love it, I don't think that I will like having my favorite heroes made more PC.  I'd rather have the aging actors recast and continue with the current lineup.

They might want to be careful not to turn too many of the superheroes into females....it didn't work too well for the Ghostbusters franchise.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 10:34 am

Well now that Marvel is owned by Disney... I expect to see a LOT more of this political correctness with the superheroes.

We all relate most to people who look like us or are "defined" by what "defines" us.  (Sadly, nowadays one's sexuality seems to be the "defining" factor...)  So it's understandable that the studios and writers would have superheroes to whom more people could relate to.  In addition to feeling good about giving kids superhero role models or whatever, it'll also get more people buying movie tickets.  I just find it odd that instead of making new superheroes with whatever preferred ethnicity/gender/whatever, there's this trend in changing old superheroes.  Black Panther was never White Panther and that movie was super successful I believe.  Why not keep that model instead of changing already established heroes?  I suspect it comes down to solely money, but that could just be my internal cynic speaking.   Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 10:40 am

If they change them too much, it could cost them money.  I don't want to see the newer incarnations of the heroes on screen.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 11:03 am

While technically not a movie I am looking forward to the latest Stranger Things on Netflix. They released a trailer for it but it is basically a mall commercial. Takes me back!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 11:06 am

And a new James Cameron film that looks interesting:

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 11:53 am

I can hardly wait for the new Stranger Things season!!!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I can hardly wait for the new Stranger Things season!!!

Man that show is spot on! The cool thing is I can relate to it in a big way. During that same time my friends and i rode our bikes everywhere (we were the same age as the kids on the show and all of us were regular unpopular kids). Sometimes we used walkie-talkies. Halloween was a fun time with tons of kids out on the streets. D&D, arcades, fast cars, loud music. Ah, that was a fun time. In season 2 we were introduced to Billy and I knew someone just like that. The kind of guy you wanted to avoid at all costs and not make eye contact with EVER. We had a "Billy" that lived up the street and he picked on people, got in a lot of fights and never lost. One time I found his basketball in my yard. I was almost afraid to take it to him but I eventually did and he seemed to be grateful for its return. A had it for about a week and the other kids my age were saying thiings like "Man, I can't believe you have his basketball he's gonna kill you when he knows you have it". Then the day came when I returned it and all of them were asking "What did he do?". They seemed disappointed that he was actually pretty nice about it and glad I brought it back to him. He also drove a car kind of like Billy. A fast car and he played loud heavy metal in it all the time.

Yep, those were the days. Looking forward to season 3!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 2:35 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

I saw a shorter version of this trailer a month or so back.  It looks like one of those films that could go either way...might be really cool...might be really bad.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

While James did write the script and is producing it,he is not the director. It is being directed by Robert Rodriguez.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming New Movies...   Upcoming New Movies... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming New Movies...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next