For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Number of posts : 19047
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Wow, it's like getting called back for a third interview!

I just don't want to hurt the relationship with this church in case the new one changes it's mind and direction.

Why would the relationship be hurt? We've had plenty of folks leave our church for legit (and not so legit) reasons. We miss them, sure, but we bless them as they bless others.

If you are at a church with a healthy body there usually isn't any bad feelings when someone leaves for a new opportunity.  But if your church has seen a near exodus of members the departure of anyone in leadership can seem like another nail in the coffin lid of the church.  I remember this happening at an old church a good 1/3 of the congregation bailed because they were unhappy (for various reasons), then the Pastor left for a bigger church that could actually afford to pay him a consistent salary and it was nearly the end of the church.

Admin

Number of posts : 19109
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Wow, it's like getting called back for a third interview!

I just don't want to hurt the relationship with this church in case the new one changes it's mind and direction.

Why would the relationship be hurt? We've had plenty of folks leave our church for legit (and not so legit) reasons. We miss them, sure, but we bless them as they bless others.

Our church has seen a lot of hurt when it had the church split prior to our pastor resigning/being forced out nearly two years ago.  More loss is always hard after that until you get back on solid footing again.

Also, try telling your employer that you are interviewing with a new position with another company.  A lot of businesses would send you packing if they knew that.  I don't think my church would go that far, but it does cause people to feel weird as they perceive that you want to leave them or that this church isn't good enough anymore.  People can get strange with feelings when they are put in these situations.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 15080
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 am

It's wise to inform the decons of your church.
To be honest is still the best way.

Cool you have to go back to the church in Hermitage.
It seems they are interested to have you as their pastor.

Is being a pastor in the church in Hermitage a full time job?

You are in my prayers tomorrow.
I hope the answer will be yes!!!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 pm

I believe that the new church, should they call me as their pastor, will be what is known as bi-vocational.  That just simply means I will need a second job to make ends meet.  I've worked that way as a youth pastor for the past nine years.  It doesn't bother me as long as we can meet our bills and have some left over for savings and a little recreation.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:34 am

How did it go on Sunday.
The sermon and the Q & A?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 pm

The Q&A time went well.  The church then proceeded to vote as to whether to call us as their pastor.  The vote was unanimous!

So, I will tender my resignation from Fall Creek this Sunday and finish out the month.  I have a youth retreat I had scheduled with a different church on the first week of Sept.  So, I will begin my new work at 1st Baptist Hermitage on Sept. 9!  I am so excited!

Of course, I am an emotional wreck as I dread telling my youth goodbye.  We will tell them tomorrow night.  They need to know before the rest of the church does.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1974
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:14 am

Congrats! Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! Do you have to change your other job at the school too or can you continue to do that as well?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Congrats! Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! Do you have to change your other job at the school too or can you continue to do that as well?

The new church is small enough that it is bi-vocational.  So, I will still need other employment/insurance.  I like working with my kids at school, so I see no need to change things now. I will still have summers off, too!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am

This good news ..... so very good news.
It's wonderful news.
Congratulations with your new job as pastor.

Yep, I can imagine that it's hard to say goodbye to your youth group after so many years.
The contact with the new congregation and the youth group has to grow too.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3255
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:56 am

Glad to hear about you becoming that church's new pastor.  I see they have a FB page too.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3676
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Congrats!  That is great news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 19047
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Congratulations Pastor Alldat.
I pray God will bless you and your new flock.  Pastors need a lot of prayer (as I am sure you know it is a challenging position), so I will do my best to remember to pray for you often.

Number of posts : 3996
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Congratulations! 
Great to hear that you're going to be a Pastor!  Well done!

Watch out, we'll all be knocking at your door for some counselling!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1855
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:27 am

Awesome news!
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Congratulations Chris, happy for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3028

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 am

Nice. Hope this really is where God wants you after such a long wait.

alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 am

Fundy wrote:
Congratulations! 
Great to hear that you're going to be a Pastor!  Well done!

Watch out, we'll all be knocking at your door for some counselling!

C'mon over!  Just wait for me to get my office set up!

Quote :
Nice. Hope this really is where God wants you after such a long wait.

With every church that we've spoken at for the past two years, we have prayed that the doors would open if God wanted us there and close if He did not.  Every time they have closed until this one. 

While I was in Memphis, I was praying asking the Lord for my "Street Reach".  Oh, I don't want the same thing as what we were doing in Memphis, but I do want a place where I am reaching people on the streets if necessary.  I want a place where I am very passionate about what we are doing even to the point of working there the rest of my life if need be.  This church wants to restart their outreach to the neighborhood kids and families.  For the first time, a church is excited about my past as a youth pastor instead of seeing that as a hinderance for leading them.

When they voted, the vote was literally 100% in my favor.  I'd call that an open door!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3676
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm doing the same as Gary is doing praying for you when you start the be the Pastor of the First Baptist church in Hermitage. ( and of course after you start it.)
Special when you start, is it hard to know everything.
Yep, Pastors can use many prayers.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:25 pm

If I saw the right one on Google Earth it looks like a nice church. Central Pike is the one I saw online.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:07 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
If I saw the right one on Google Earth it looks like a nice church. Central Pike is the one I saw online.

That would be the one!!!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Tomorrow will be a hard day.  My current church is voting on whether we call our latest pastoral candidate as our pastor.  It is hard to know what the vote will be.

I will be helping with the counting of the votes.  I had volunteered anyway, but with us leaving soon, it would be hard for people to accuse me of cheating as I don't plan to vote with me leaving in just a few weeks.

After the vote, I will give my final youth report in the business meeting and announce my resignation as youth pastor.  Aug. 29 with be my last service there.  I will miss my youth and quite a few of the people.  The last two years have been hard on me, but it is still home despite being sometimes dysfunctional.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Oh I am sure it is gonna be a hard thing to do. Hopefully they will understand. Good call on not casting a vote. Maybe they will hire the person which may take less focus off you leaving.

Maybe you should wear your profile outfit to the meeting. Or better yet, your first Sunday in Hermitage wear that outfit and wig.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Quote :
Maybe you should wear your profile outfit to the meeting. Or better yet, your first Sunday in Hermitage wear that outfit and wig.

I doubt that the outfit would go over well in the new setting......well, not until they get to know me a bit first!  lol! 

My current church voted in, albeit by a narrow margin, to hire the current pastoral candidate.  He will begin serving the church on Sept. 2.  Of course, Aug. 29 is my last service with the youth there.  We made our announcement public this morning after the voting.  We did not want losing a youth pastor to affect the vote for the new pastor.  Would it have?  You never know.  So, we announced that after we had the announcement of securing a new pastor after two years.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:40 am

Congrats! I hope they took it well and were happy for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow   

Back to top Go down

Preaching at First Baptist Church in Hermitage, TN tomorrow
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next