Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look Who I Got To Meet!

Go down 
+10
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
Hardkore
Dynamis
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:43 am

If we do Montana, then I can't even get to my own get-together.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am

What is a good location for the CHM members so for many of us it's possible to join?
I know, it will be hard, some live in an other part of the USA and others in an other part of this world.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 am

That is what I am trying to determine.  I am thinking somewhere in the Arkansas or Kansas areas.  I might even go so far as to say Missouri if that would help any.  I know this great restaurant in the southern part of Missouri called Lambert's Cafe where they have great country style cooking and have the biggest rolls I have ever seen.  If you want one, they literally throw it to you across the room!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:28 am

Ah man, I totally missed the second annual CHM virtual get together.  Crying or Very sad

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 am

Financially, it'd be a stretch for me to travel anywhere far, even with my diesel car. I have my passport, though. I'm also alternating between school and internships, so timing could/will be an issue for sure.

I don't think there are that many of us in the eastern half of North America, either. There's alldatndensum, MikeInFla, TTDR, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. Now that I think of it, though, Pennsylvania isn't terribly far. I might be due for a trip down there at some point.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Ah man, I totally missed the second annual CHM virtual get together.  Crying or Very sad

Lambert's is awesome! It's in Sikeston, MO. We used to go there after church on Sunday when we lived in Cape Girardeau. Some great food and "HOT ROLLS!". If one hits the floor they throw you another one!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Driven wrote:
I don't think there are that many of us in the eastern half of North America, either. There's alldatndensum, MikeInFla, TTDR, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. Now that I think of it, though, Pennsylvania isn't terribly far. I might be due for a trip down there at some point.
 Just let me know when you're in the Amish part of Pennsylvania  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Driven wrote:
 Just let me know when you're in the Amish part of Pennsylvania  Very Happy

When I was a kid, my parents and I used to go through Amish country fairly often. We'd go to the Sight & Sound theatre, enjoy the landscapes, and curse whoever decided the roads would follow cow trails...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Sadly, I'm out.  Sad  Unless of course y'all want to cash in your retirement savings and come to New Zealand. Distance from Auckalnd to Kalispell...11,759km; Arkansas...12,453km to Little Rock; Kansas...12,520km to Kansas City; and Pennsylvania...14,064km to Philadelphia (that's a whopping 8,739 miles!) Yup. Not happening.    Sad  No  Sad
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Quote :
I am thinking somewhere in the Arkansas or Kansas areas.  I might even go so far as to say Missouri if that would help any.

I do not know about Arkansas, but the Kansas City/Independence area is just over two days drive from Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Quote :
Sadly, I'm out.  Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 Icon_sad  Unless of course y'all want to cash in your retirement savings and come to New Zealand. Distance from Auckalnd to Kalispell...11,759km; Arkansas...12,453km to Little Rock; Kansas...12,520km to Kansas City; and Pennsylvania...14,064km to Philadelphia (that's a whopping 8,739 miles!) Yup. Not happening.  

Perhaps we could start a Kickstarter travel fund for our international members...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:31 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Next year my husband I I hope it's possible to visit my husband's Canadian family.
Some family members are around Vancouver. I hope the distance between Kalispere MT and Vancouver is not to far.
California would be to far for us.
Kalispell is about 10 hours drive from Vancouver. I drove to Butte Montana from Vancouver. It's a beautiful drive.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :
Sadly, I'm out.  Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 Icon_sad  Unless of course y'all want to cash in your retirement savings and come to New Zealand. Distance from Auckalnd to Kalispell...11,759km; Arkansas...12,453km to Little Rock; Kansas...12,520km to Kansas City; and Pennsylvania...14,064km to Philadelphia (that's a whopping 8,739 miles!) Yup. Not happening.  

Perhaps we could start a Kickstarter travel fund for our international members...

It's a lovely thought, Andy, but too many thousands of dollars to even contemplate a fund for us foreigners. It'd be really cool if RV could piggyback on her family trip to Vancouver to a meet with y'all though.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 4:52 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Lambert's is awesome! It's in Sikeston, MO.
There are 3 locations, but I've also been to only the Sikeston one and agree it is great.
Jen5 wrote:
Sadly, I'm out.  Sad  Unless of course y'all want to cash in your retirement savings and come to New Zealand.
Plan to some day so I can backpack where the hobbits did. Smile
Dynamis wrote:
I do not know about Arkansas, but the Kansas City/Independence area is just over two days drive from Phoenix.
You must drive really short days. I can make California from Indiana in 2 days. And that's only going 5 MPH over normally.

Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Quote :
You must drive really short days. I can make California from Indiana in 2 days. And that's only going 5 MPH over normally

Typically, I do not like being on the road more than 10 to 11 hours a day.  Although once I made the trip from Denver back to Phoenix in 14 hours, which was a LONG day.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :
You must drive really short days. I can make California from Indiana in 2 days. And that's only going 5 MPH over normally

Typically, I do not like being on the road more than 10 to 11 hours a day.  Although once I made the trip from Denver back to Phoenix in 14 hours, which was a LONG day.

That's so funny. Here, a long trip is anything more than 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 am

Dynamis wrote:
2 16-hour days to Lassen Volcanic NP. It's a few hours shorter to Palm Springs, but we're making a bunch of stops along the way.

Jen5 wrote:
Hard to drive much farther on the ocean. clown However, if you went tip to tip it would be nearly the same time-wise at least to our drive to Palm Springs, which is an additional 1000 km!!!

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 am

Jen5 wrote:
Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

That's hilarious!  It would take you 4 times that long just to drive from one end of Tennessee to the other!

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:46 am

Jen5 wrote:
Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

Same here!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 am

Quote :
2 16-hour days to Lassen Volcanic NP. It's a few hours shorter to Palm Springs, but we're making a bunch of stops along the way.

Consecutive 16-hour days on the road sounds exhausting.  If in that much of a hurry to get there, then why not fly? Very Happy  Still, have a safe trip.

On a side note: I am planning an antiquing trip to Colorado this fall and following is my tentative schedule:

Day 1: Leave work (Phoenix) at 2:30 and drive to Holbrook, Arizona (just East of Winslow)
Day 2: Leave Holbrook early in the morning and drive to Pueblo, Colorado (about a seven hour drive)

This will ensure that I am feeling relaxed and refreshed when ready to start antiquing in Colorado Springs (30 minutes from Pueblo) on day three.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:00 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Hard to drive much farther on the ocean. clown  However, if you went tip to tip it would be nearly the same time-wise at least to our drive to Palm Springs, which is an additional 1000 km!!!

True. Though I don't know anyone who has ever done that trip. It would take about 30 hours to drive the 1200 miles (shockingly windy roads here plus a 3 hour ferry trip). It's the sort of trip that makes the news...guy cycling the length of the country to raise funds for spinal research or guy driving the length of the country on a zero budget raising money en route with odd jobs here and there to pay for petrol and raise awareness for poor musicians and homeless chickens    What a Face
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Dynamis wrote:
On a side note: I am planning an antiquing trip to Colorado this fall and following is my tentative schedule:

I googled the word "antiquing" and it said to make things look old. That definition doesn't fit with taking a trip so clearly I've missed something there. What's antiquing?
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Possibly antique shopping?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Antiquing:  To shop for antiques.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Well my dictionary says "make (something) resemble an antique by artificial means."  lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look Who I Got To Meet!   Look Who I Got To Meet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look Who I Got To Meet!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next