Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Third Day Concert Tonight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Third Day Concert Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:34 pm

My wife and I are going to see Third Day in Nashville tonight.  We've seen them before, but this is one of the last shows they will ever do here as they are calling it quits at the end of this year.  They scheduled one show and it sold out quickly.  They then scheduled a second date (tonight) and it also sold out.  So, they added a THIRD DAY.  LOL  That show is also sold out.

It will be cool to see the guys one last time.  This will be my fourth time seeing them and they always put on a cool show.  With this being the farewell tour, I do hope they stay away from some of the softer radio songs and focus on more obscure tracks.  I am betting, though, that this will be a fan pleaser show with all their biggest hits being done.  Still, I can dream, right?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Let us know how the show went.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 am

The show was quite good!  To be honest, that has to be the most clear live band I have ever heard.  It was loud enough to drown out people talking yet you could hear every note and every instrument.

To start, worship leader Matt Maher came out and did a handful of songs either just on an acoustic guitar or piano.

Then, Mark Lee (Third Day guitarist) came out with the rest of the band and did several songs from his new EP and talked about his new book Hurt Road.  His sound reminded me of some 80s pop rock band that I can't place but was cool nonetheless.

Then, Mac Powell came out with the same band members but added a different lead guitarist.  They performed as Mac Powell & The Family Reunion.  They showcased several songs from Mac's new album.  While his new stuff leans more to the country side, overall his new stuff sounds like a cross between The Eagles and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers--just with Mac's highly recognizable crooning.

Then, the real show started.  Oh, man!  What a walk down memory lane.  They played at least one song from every album in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER until the encore.

Here's what they did:

Consuming Fire (from their S/T debut)
My Hope Is In You (from Conspiracy No. 5)
I've Always Loved You (from Time)
Sky Falls Down (from Time)
Thief (from Offerings)
Show Me Your Glory (from Come Together)
Sing A Song (from Offerings II)
I Got A Feeling (from Wire)
Tunnel (from Wherever You Are)
Revelation (from Revelation)
Children Of God (from Move)
Miracle (from Miracle)
Soul On Fire (from Lead Us Back)
Revival (from Revival)

For the Encore:

Blackbird (from the S/T debut)
Love Song (from the S/T debut)
God Of Wonders (from Offerings II)

They also did a snippet of a couple of worship songs that were not theirs nor had they recorded.  The show was amazing, but you can tell that the two guys left of the original lineup were tired.  They've been at this nonstop for over 25 years.  Brad Avery, Tai Anderson, and David Carr had all previously departed from the band to move on to other things.

So, it is sad that this is happening, but I fully understand it.  I would bow out as well.  When you are dangerously close to becoming a cover band with few or no original band members left and your most recent album is mostly unnoticed by your fan base, then it is probably time to stop.  Who knows, though.  There could be a Third Day reunion album in the years ahead.  But, if Petra (with Bob and John) or Rez or Whiteheart or DC Talk or (insert band name of choice here) are any indication, I wouldn't hold my breath.  For a lot of veteran bands, done simply means done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 pm

That's pretty cool, but looks like Mac is certainly setting himself up for a solo career (and trying to drag as many Third Day fans with him as possible).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 pm

So is Mark Lee with his solo album!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 6:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
So is Mark Lee with his solo album!

I must of read through your original post so fast that I totally missed that part.  Sound like I need to check out his new EP

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:09 am

Sounds like an awesome concert, Chris, with a very unusual programme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Day Concert Tonight   Third Day Concert Tonight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third Day Concert Tonight
Page 1 of 1