Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Xid
MikeInFla
Samson
Driven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:29 pm

It's been a while since the last Kwestion, as always, and since I can listen to music at work now, the question was on my mind:

If you listen to music (or just audio) at work, what do you usually listen to? If you don't listen, why not?

I'll answer once y'all answer a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:09 pm

I usually have two different sets of random playlists to pick from. One being hard rock/ AOR/ 80's hair metal, and the other being a praise and worship setlist with stuff like IHOP, Bethel, and so forth. When the truck comes in, we spend about two days stocking everything, and I like to have a hard rockin playlist to keep me going. If it's a more casual morning shift, I can settle for the praise and worship set.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Once in a great while I will listen to music. When I do it is mostly classic rock or oldies (50's) as to not offend anyone. One day I had Hells Bells playing a little loud and someone said I might wanna turn it down. But I've played everything from Big Band 1940's to metal.

When I don't listen it's because I'm super busy on a project or out on the production floor where music isn't aloud for safety reasons (you need to be able to hear your surroundings so you don't get killed or run over).
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm on the phone quite a bit so music listening goes in spurts.  I listen to Hard Rock/Metal from the CD's I've ripped.  I'll also listen to my own recordings when they are works in progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 3:03 am

I work in a school with several autistic and other disabled kids.  Loud music isn't something you can really expose your kids to that frequently.  If you do, it needs to be something that they like as you can trigger meltdowns if you have anything loud that they would consider noise.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 10:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:
...you can trigger meltdowns if you have anything loud that they would consider noise.
My parents must be autistic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 am

I usually don’t get to listen to music at work unless I’m at lunch or on a break.  When I do listen it’s usually what comes up on shuffle
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am

Now that I'm working from home, I listen to music basically the whole day except when I'm on the phone.  I usually just have my iTunes on shuffle but I'll listen to albums all the way through too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 am

Livna wrote:
I usually don’t get to listen to music at work unless I’m at lunch or on a break.  When I do listen it’s usually what comes up on shuffle

What's a break?  It has been years since I got to take one.  When you work with 10 (going to 14 next school year) special needs kids, there is no time for a break.  I only get to eat lunch if I eat with them.  I haven't taken a lunch break in nearly 6 years!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:35 pm

If I listen to music at work I generally listen to some christian rock or metal.  Other than that I kind of have a soft spot for 60's stuff and some 70's glam rock.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Interesting. I listen to a bit of whatever I feel like. Today was a Weird Al day. Otherwise, I'll listen to Canadian prog/rock, or whatever else is stuck in my head at the moment.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 7:56 am

Driven wrote:
Interesting. I listen to a bit of whatever I feel like. Today was a Weird Al day. Otherwise, I'll listen to Canadian prog/rock, or whatever else is stuck in my head at the moment.

See the type of day I have been having for the last couple of days, today might be a Weird Al day for me!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:38 am

Nothing helps the day go by quicker than some sssllllooooooooooowwww and HEAVY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:15 am

^I can second this!   afro
Back to top Go down
Livna

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Livna wrote:

What's a break?  It has been years since I got to take one.  When you work with 10 (going to 14 next school year) special needs kids, there is no time for a break.  I only get to eat lunch if I eat with them.  I haven't taken a lunch break in nearly 6 years!

In my job I’m told I have to take at least a 30 minute lunch. I might get a smoke break if I’m caught up on my work. But since I’m trying to quit smoking I avoid taking a 15 minute break.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm

I am supposed to take a 30 min. break away from the classroom but it never happens.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work   Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion no. 39: My Music At Work
Page 1 of 1