For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's in your CD player/MP3 player?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

Number of posts : 2640
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Citron - Jen si od plic zanadávat
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 19424
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:49 pm

A bunch of old Allies records and the Dark Sky - Initium album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:22 am

Listening to Leave a Whisper by Shinedown. The gorgeous "Simple Man" is playing now. Love his voice   Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 19373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:29 pm

CMR Volume III - From One Extreme to Another (Disc 1)

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Nomad Son - Guilty As Sin
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:01 am

Was listening to Theocracy, Mirror of Souls, today. I found inspiration to dip into the vault after reading Andy's news item on Angelic Warlord about the new vinyl edition of the album due out this November. Love this album.

Now I'm giving Wytch Hazel's latest a first listen. Three songs in. So far, so good. The first song was a bit repetitive for my liking, but the next two are magic.    Smile
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:53 am

^I like both those albums very much; good choices!

Iron Maiden - 2 A.M.

I think this is a very good song and one of the most underrated from their catalog.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:56 pm

I like that song too. Though, as a lyric writer, I can never sit quietly while it plays. I can not help but change it as I listen to it. I take words out, replace words, tweak the melody... There aren't many songs out there like that (one's I love but want to change), but 2am is one of em. Weird.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Hmm, that is interesting!  Not being a musician myself, I don't think I ever do that.  Though now that you said it, I'm probably going to be aware of myself doing just that haha.

Now playing:
David Eugene Edwards & Alexander Hacke - Risha
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 pm

I change the lyrics to songs all the time....but usually just to make them dumb.

My favorite is when that No Doubt song "I'm just a girl" comes on the radio when I'm around.  I will sing at the top of my lungs "I'm just a squirrel living in captivity"

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:33 pm

lol! You Rock

That song will never be the same for me now. I'm just a squirrel. lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Jen5 wrote:
lol! You Rock

That song will never be the same for me now. I'm just a squirrel. lol

I seem to use "squirrel" as a substitute for the word "girl" in most songs.  My mind is weird, like part of me is perpetually 12 years old or something.  Heaven help anyone around me when we are shopping at Christmas time and "Hark the Herald Angel" comes on over the store speaker system.  I can't help but sing "Hark the Herald Hair-lip sings ...Gory to da nuburn keen"  like now I'm suffering from a hair-lip or cleft palate or something.  I know it's wrong (and highly insensitive)...but I just can't seem to control it.

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:39 pm

You evil man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:32 pm

What he said
lol
Love it
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:35 pm

I still haven't managed a full listen of Sojourn (I'm only able to listen to music while doing my email these days). Listening to "See my Demons" now. This song is definitely my favourite on the album so far.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Jen5 wrote:
I still haven't managed a full listen of Sojourn (I'm only able to listen to music while doing my email these days). Listening to "See my Demons" now. This song is definitely my favourite on the album so far.

If I had to pick one track that would be a stand-out for me as well.  But I really like Barrow Hill too.  There just isn't a bad song on the album.

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:24 am

I hadn't gotten to that song yet, but now that I have, I totally agree. Barrow Hill is a beauty.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Jen5 wrote:
I hadn't gotten to that song yet, but now that I have, I totally agree. Barrow Hill is a beauty.

Right now I would probably pick "Wait on the Wind", "My Demon", "Barrow Hill" and "Slaves to Righteousness and my favorites from the album, but seriously I don't find myself wanting to skip any of the tracks.  I can even make it through the lone instrumental track (oddly enough named Choral) without wanting to hit the skip button.

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Quote :
I can even make it through the lone instrumental track (oddly enough named Choral) without wanting to hit the skip button.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Quote :
I can even make it through the lone instrumental track (oddly enough named Choral) without wanting to hit the skip button.

Shocked

I am not much of a fan of instrumental music.

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm

I think it must be because you like to sing along.    Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5876
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Quote :

Shocked

Jen5 wrote:

The Rush in Rio live album features the crowd singing along to YYZ. Your point? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 am

Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
The Rush in Rio live album features the crowd singing along to YYZ. Your point? Very Happy

lol and very true. Just checked out that video. Surreal.
I just find joy in imagining Gary singing into a shoe in his living room. My kind of people!  : )
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:23 am

Listening to Kobra & the Lotus, "Losing my Humanity"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Driven wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

lol and very true. Just checked out that video. Surreal.
I just find joy in imagining Gary singing into a shoe in his living room. My kind of people!  : )

I prefer to sing into my wife's hairbrush!  lol!

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   

Back to top Go down

What's in your CD player/MP3 player?
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next