For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's in your CD player/MP3 player?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Medieval Torture Device

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Phone today: Steve Taylor
Turntable: Malcolm & Alwyn, solo Malcolm, Daniel Amos
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18884
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu May 24, 2018 9:45 pm

All For The King
Azariah - Straight Talker
Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3147
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri May 25, 2018 10:02 am

kerrick wrote:
Dawn Of Anguish - Valley Of Unrest

TTDR, you like these guys?  Their three-song EP is pretty solid; I just wish they'd make more tunes!

So is everyone who lives in Malta making DOOOOOOOOOOOM music?  lol!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2457
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 am

I'm pretty certain, yes.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Kiske/Somerville - s/t
Masterplan - Time To Be King
Neal Morse - Momentum
Signum Regis - Exodus
Veni Domine - Fall Babylon Fall
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri May 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Love Signum Regis. Great band
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sat May 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Love Signum Regis. Great band

Yup.  And they're working on a new album!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Really?! bounce when, bounce when, bounce when, bounce when, bounce when bounce
Back to top Go down
bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Tue May 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Amaran's Plight - Voice In The Light
Vision Divine - Stream Of Consciousness
Gloriam Dei - The Covenant
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm

My Friend Stephanie
The Level Heads
David Edwards
Michael Omartian
Tom Howard & Bill Batstone
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 am

Hey, does anyone know why the link to this thread from my email notification for this topic, says "No posts exist for this topic"??? Clearly there are still posts in this topic...like five pages of posts. Odd.

Divine Intervention: Liminal
Place of Skulls: The Black is Never Far (This one's new to my collection. Absolutely LOVE "Darkest Hour")
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Wed May 30, 2018 9:24 am

Jen5 wrote:
Place of Skulls: The Black is Never Far (This one's new to my collection. Absolutely LOVE "Darkest Hour")

Fantastic album.  Definitely one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 am

Oh yeah that album is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Malcolm & Alwyn
Malcolm & the Mirrors
Alwyn Wall Band
Tom Howard
Alisa Turner
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Wed May 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Medieval Torture Device, I've been reading your play lists with great interest. You have an intriguing variety in your lists. Most of them I've never heard about but I've been checking them all out. Some neat stuff in there. Stuff I never would have heard if not for this amazing thread. Keep posting mate. Smile

From yesterday's list, this one was a surprise...
Back to top Go down
bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Deliverance - Learn
Balance of Power - Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion
Angra - Aurora Consurgens
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu May 31, 2018 6:49 am

Soldier - Babylon & Beyond
Back to top Go down
kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu May 31, 2018 10:47 am

bassdude wrote:

What do you think of that album?  It's my least favorite of theirs but I know of many others who absolutely love it!  Have you heard their newest one yet, Omni?  I think it's quite good!
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu May 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Courtesy of YouTube: Smile- Doin' Alright

My Friend Stephanie
Alisa Turner
Van Halen
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Thu May 31, 2018 3:10 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Medieval Torture Device, I've been reading your play lists with great interest. You have an intriguing variety in your lists. Most of them I've never heard about but I've been checking them all out. Some neat stuff in there. Stuff I never would have heard if not for this amazing thread. Keep posting mate.   Smile

From yesterday's list, this one was a surprise...
Thanks, Jen5.  

A long story short: I'd ordered the LP for Omartian's White Horse twice previously.  BOTH copies were warped, unable to spin on my turntable.  But the third try was gold.  Was blown away by the heavy bass, the funky groove, and the experimental synths.  

Also got Adam Again (not the band, but Michael Omartian's album).  It's even groovier.  afro
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Red Lamb-s/t (2012)

Featuring Dave Mustaine and Dan Spitz, this thrash band seeks to raise awareness for autism.  Dan's twin sons--both of whom have this dreaded condition--persuaded him to assemble musicians from WASP, Marilyn Manson, and his good friend DM.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm

kerrick wrote:
bassdude wrote:

What do you think of that album?  It's my least favorite of theirs but I know of many others who absolutely love it!  Have you heard their newest one yet, Omni?  I think it's quite good!

Count me as one who loves it....it's more prog than Temple Of Hate, which was more power metalish. It's not as sing-a-long worthy as Rebirth or Temple Of Hate, the songs are more complicated. I've heard a few songs from the new one on Youtube, but I'm not a big fan of Fabio Leone, I've never really liked anything he's done vocals for...I'm not a big Andre Matos fan either, so the earlier material doesn't appeal to me either. I thought Edu's voice combined with Kiko and Rafael's guitar duo produced some very interesting music.
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:58 am

Megadeth- Dystopia

Having not listened to the band since United Abominations, this scintillating slab of thrash melted my ears then crushed my brain.  \m/
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Meltage...love it when that happens. Fatal Illusion (in all its weirdness) and Bullet to the Brain were the tracks that did it for me. Crazy guitars! It's an exhausting album.

Poisonous Shadows is my favourite track on that album
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Finished up The Level Heads: Memento Mori today.  A one-release band featuring help from Ojo Taylor, Derri Daugherty, and Dan Michaels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in your CD player/MP3 player?   

Back to top Go down

What's in your CD player/MP3 player?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next