Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Encylopedia Metallum Closing

Go down 
+6
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Fundy
crucifyd
JLE3
Jen5
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Encylopedia Metallum Closing Empty
PostSubject: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 3:52 am

Have y'all seen this news. It's about a month old, but I just found out tonight. I'm disappointed John and I never got in there....

100% COMPLETE: NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW BANDS / 2018-04-01 00:23
Hello everyone!

It has been close to 16 years since we launched this site, never expecting at the time that it would grow the way it did. We are very proud of having helped the community build this amazing resource and we appreciate everyone's hard work over the last decade and a half or so.

But all good things must come to an end. We currently have over 120,000 bands, more than we ever thought possible. That is more than enough to declare our database 100% complete. Safe to say, no other resource comes close to being as thorough and comprehensive. Considering the continuing dilution of metal by outside musical influences, it is this unrivalled level of coverage of what may very well be called the birth, life and death of the genre that has led us to the decision to stop accepting new band entries as of today. When we started, we thought it'd be cool if we could get as many as 12,000 bands listed, some day in the distant future, but we have crushed this objective more than ten times over.

Don't worry, the Archives are not shutting down! Review submissions are still open, and for an undetermined amount of time, edits will still possible to fix whatever mistakes remain. But we have more than enough bands to be considered fully complete. All noteworthy bands have been catalogued, and then some. It's time to move on.

It's been a pleasure, everyone.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 4:09 am

Well actually I am already in there. Buried deep in those archives from a band I was in back in 1994.  Headbang
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 4:54 am

Well....well....meh then!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 4:57 am

Just kidding bud. Come on...what's it called? Spill the beans. Let's see John of 1994!
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 5:09 am

Unseen Holocaust. I'm not in the photo. I don't know who added us to the website but I did stumble upon it several years ago. Click "members" and there I am. Sorry Jen...I should have told you I was famous when we first started our collaboration, but I didnt want you to be intimidated by my fame. Bahahahahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 5:16 am

next post above the "shutdown notice"

Encylopedia Metallum wrote:
It's that time of the year... / 2018-04-01 22:33
Turns out, there are constantly new metal bands being formed and releasing music, and so we will never be fully complete? Who knew? Smile

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone. Band submissions are open again. Here's to another 120,000 bands and more!

https://www.metal-archives.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 5:30 am

Oh man, I am such an idiot. lol
I have this awful habit of not reading from the top of the page. Cheeks burning.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 5:36 am

Very Happy

been there done that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 8:14 am

affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 3:36 pm

So they are going to claim to be the "encyclopedia" of metal, and "all noteworthy bands have been added"....so they aren't going to add anymore bands.  So that means metal is done, there won't be anymore significant metal bands?  
Am I missing something here, this seems a bit short-sighted to me.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 6:57 pm

ROTFL lol! No dude. That's the point. I didn't read the update that said "April Fools." They're still accepting contributions.

ROTFL This is hilarious. Sorry Gary.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Looks like I beat Jen into this.  Mission Of One is listed!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 1:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Looks like I beat Jen into this.  Mission Of One is listed!
So is Joshua's Creed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 2:20 am

I saw that, Derek. Thought, "Wow, good on ya's. You've arrived." Smile

I'm very curious. What's the reference to "My Cat Puddinhead" mean?????????
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 10:58 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion!

My Cat Puddinhead was a band that I was in around 1994 in the Seattle area.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 12:33 pm

It's a hilarious name. Genre?
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Stay away from their message boards unless you want to get schooled by a swarm of kvlt kiddies about what is metal and what ain't.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Jen5 wrote:

It's pretty funny.  Goofy name that people remembered.  Our drummer called our style "Heavy Groove" which in all reality was just a Hard Rock/Grunge style.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Samson wrote:
Stay away from their message boards unless you want to get schooled by a swarm of kvlt kiddies about what is metal and what ain't.

Sounds like there's a story there, Samsom.......
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Xid wrote:
Jen5 wrote:

It's pretty funny.  Goofy name that people remembered.  Our drummer called our style "Heavy Groove" which in all reality was just a Hard Rock/Grunge style.
I just looked it up. You guys played a pretty tight tune. Nice one. But.......Look......at.....that.....HAIR! You've got more hair than I do, Xid!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 2:10 pm

We were definitely tight.  Practice, practice, practice.  When we recorded our demo, we had drums, bass, and rhythm guitars done for 9 songs in about 3 hours.  I don't think we needed more than 3 takes on each song.  Getting everything recorded took 2 days in the studio.

I certainly don't have that hair any longer.  Much thinner and a whole lot more gray!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 6:15 pm

So what happened? (and I'm not referring to the hair) afro

Are the other members still active like you, Xid?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 7:12 pm

LOL - Tony, they guy playing the white guitar left first for personal reasons.  So we just moved forward as a power trio.  I dropped about a year later for my own personal reasons.  Mike Blake, guitar/vocals and Mike Young, drums, got another bass player, Jeremy and released a 2nd album. Jeremy went off to college and they called it quits.  I don't think Mike Young did anything after that and I don't know if he's even playing at all any more.  Mike Blake joined up with Paul Roraback (Grammatrain) and started Gideon's Press which they renamed The Illustrated Band.  They did some recording and then split.  Mike Blake went on to do some more music and I lost track of him after that.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

It's weird how that happens eh. People can be such a huge part of your life......and then they're not.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 7:43 pm

It is strange.  Until I moved to Montana, we'd cross paths now and again.  Touched base with Mike Young briefly on Facebook but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encylopedia Metallum Closing   Encylopedia Metallum Closing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Encylopedia Metallum Closing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: