For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The saga continues...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9127
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: The saga continues...   Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 am

I'd appreciate some prayers for me to have some relief. 
I'm not sleeping well due to the spinal cord pinches in my neck. Every day is worse than the last- for the last several weeks, I wake up to extreme numbness, tingling, pins and needles and ridiculous pain that goes down both of my arms to my hands. 
This morning is the worse so far, and I can't seem to find a comfortable position to keep my head in that will alleviate these symptoms. For this horrendous pain, I'm taking pain pills like candy, and I SO don't want to do that !! 
The condition is really frustrating. Yesterday I dropped a container of milk at the supermarket, then I dropped a full coffee at Subway. 
I'm just getting very discouraged right now and decided to share this in the hopes of getting as much prayer as I can right now. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 19040
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Too bad we can't just hang you upside down and "stretch out" all those vertebrae.
Praying you can at least get enough relief to sleep.

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 am

I'm keeping you in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
bassdude

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Tue May 08, 2018 8:02 am

Praying...
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2501
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm praying for you my friend.  I wish I had some great wise words of encouragement for you, but I'm at a loss.  Remember though that this fallen, broken, sinful, and painful world some day will be restored - as will your body.  As Christians, THANK GOD that our hope isn't in this world or ourselves, but in Him who by His grace and mercy saved us from it all (and worse)!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Tue May 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks all. Turns out I have, in addition to my spine problems, a severe case of Carpal Tunnel... Now, as bad as I just made that sound, it's actually better news than if they found out the symptoms in my arms and hands were due to a spine/disc problem. Whereas spine issues are major surgery and super risky, the CT syndrome is actually a very easily treatable condition. Before outpatient surgery would be considered, they want me to take anti-inflammatories and wear braces for several weeks to see if the swelling will come down. Also, writing, typing and other repetitive actions need to stop... so it looks like I'll be digging out my old disc of DragonSpeak Talk to Text. Just typing this paragraph kills my extremities like crazy ! So, hey, thanks again SO MUCH for the prayers.

Quote :
THANK GOD that our hope isn't in this world or ourselves

AMEN !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 am

That is promising news.
But I don't speak or read dragon.  Will Google convert from dragon to English?

Number of posts : 3246
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 am

Staybrite wrote:
That is promising news.

It actually does dragon to Finnish better so you can translate from dragon to Finnish and then Finnish to English.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 pm

I would have thought it would be easier to convert from Dragon to Chinese.  Maybe I'm thinking of a different dragon.

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Thu May 10, 2018 10:26 am

Staybrite wrote:
I would have thought it would be easier to convert from Dragon to Chinese.  Maybe I'm thinking of a different dragon.
Must be thinking of Mulan and her dragon.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Thu May 10, 2018 11:12 am

My interpreter 

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3996
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 am

Praying for you, G/F,  Sometimes life sucks.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Fri May 11, 2018 2:53 pm

There's some good news!  CT is certainly treatable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
That is promising news.

It actually does dragon to Finnish better so you can translate from dragon to Finnish and then Finnish to English.
But if you are Finnished, why do you need another step?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Mon May 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Praying my friend.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
That is promising news.

But if you are Finnished, why do you need another step?

Don't make me come over there lol!
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Number of posts : 767
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Mon May 28, 2018 4:57 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Thanks all. Turns out I have, in addition to my spine problems, a severe case of Carpal Tunnel... Now, as bad as I just made that sound, it's actually better news than if they found out the symptoms in my arms and hands were due to a spine/disc problem. Whereas spine issues are major surgery and super risky, the CT syndrome is actually a very easily treatable condition. Before outpatient surgery would be considered, they want me to take anti-inflammatories and wear braces for several weeks to see if the swelling will come down.

Well I just have no idea what you lot are talking about "dragon to Chinese...Mulan and her dragon...dragon to Finnish to English" Huh??? Who is Mulan and why does she have a dragon? Is this another geek thing that I'm just not getting?   Smile

Sending prayers your way G/F. I've had CT before. It's no fun, but you're right, it's totally treatable. I had more than a year where I couldn't play any form of instrument, couldn't brush my teeth with my right hand, couldn't hold a fork with my right hand and struggled with my left. It wasn't that I didn't try. The hand just didn't work. A fork never felt so heavy! It was pretty debilitating. It's funny how when you've got other more serious conditions, something like carpal tunnel just doesn't seem to be a big deal. Love your attitude mate.

After what seemed like a gazillion treatments that made no real difference, they were talking about surgery. In a last ditch effort to avoid surgery, I went outside the health system and tried a private physiotherapist who was trained in a cool and whacky thing called "the Bowen Technique." As I sat in his office watching him do these weird things with my tendons and moving my arm into different positions (all very gently), I thought, "yeah, as if this is going to work! This has got to be quackery." Well was I proven wrong. All that time to get a diagnosis and then all that time spent doing traditional therapies and taking anti-inflammatories and wearing braces and I could have just gone to a Bowen Therapist and been fixed in 45 minutes. I left his office with no pain, no tingling, and full use of my hand. It was miraculous. It lasted about a week. Then I went back again at increasing intervals. After three months, I was back to normal. He said I would always have a weakness in that hand so not to overdo it or I'd end up back with him. He's right. If I play the guitar too long or a do lot of fast work on the keys, I definitely feel that something's not quite right and I need to stop (or slow down). I still wear a brace from time to time just as prevention.

Note about braces: They're magic. Really great. You just have to make sure that you limit how much you use your hands while you wear them when you've got active inflammation. When they're on, the pain subsides a little so you'll catch yourself doing stuff you shouldn't. Take care of yourself G/F.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 19104
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   Mon May 28, 2018 8:06 am

Quote :
Well I just have no idea what you lot are talking about "dragon to Chinese...Mulan and her dragon...dragon to Finnish to English" Huh??? Who is Mulan and why does she have a dragon? Is this another geek thing that I'm just not getting?

First, the Dragon software that G/F mentioned is an older version of software made to help you type on a computer with only speaking into a microphone.  It takes some time to train it, but it is usable.  Newer versions exist that are much better nowadays and are great for people who can still think and speak but may not have use of their hands.

Then, the joke was made about speaking a Dragon language and converting it into Finnish or English or even Chinese.  The Mulan that was mentioned was from the Disney cartoon Mulan.  She had a pet dragon name Moo-Shoo that was voiced by Eddie Murphy.

Jen brought up alternative medicine.  I don't trust everything I hear, but I would definitely look into it to fix the problem.  I use Arnica (an old American Indian creation) for an anti-inflammatory with my back.  I use Formula 303 (an herbal muscle relaxer that is non-addictive) for pain.  Instead of surgery for a bulging slipped disc I went to a chiropractor who keeps that disc in place.  I also get vertigo from time to time and use what is called the Eapy Maneuver to help correct it.

Where am I going with this?  I would at least look into what she is talking about.  While I known nothing about physiotherapy due to their being none around me according to Google, you might find a video on YouTube that would show you what to do.  I'd look into it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The saga continues...   

Back to top Go down

The saga continues...
Page 1 of 1