Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Un-noteworthy news...

Go down 
+5
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Fundy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Un-noteworthy news... Empty
PostSubject: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Tomorrow I'll have been a member of this forum for 11 years.  It's amazing to think when I first posted here I was still a teenager... affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

ok... so that's pushing it a bit...

... but I was closer to being a teenager than now.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Congrats on 11 years!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 9:51 pm

I was definitely a teenager when I made it here... Congrats on the longevity!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 8:17 am

I thought you were one of the few people who have been here longer than me...I thought it had been longer than that.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 6:54 am

Un-noteworthy news... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9ywLJsJ7UW752HlYs31MTgN_rTzWQEaawemqHjN80MchZekv8

Un-noteworthy news... Vruchtentaart1

For you Fundy to celebrate you are on CHM for 11 years.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Quote :

when I first posted here I was still a teenager

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Many of us have actually been at CHM several years MORE than what our "REGISTRATION DATE" shows. CHM was at some other Board before NiceBoard. So, while mine shows May of 2007, I know for a fact I was on CHM at LEAST 2 years prior, cuz I remember bonding much closer with my family here during my very first back surgery - and that was in 2005.

Maybe AllDat remembers when he first started CHM ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 1:56 pm

I remember being here 2005 (maybe as far back as 2003) , and I swear that Fundy was here before me.
Won't know for sure because that was long before we were on forumotion (we used to be on EZ boards).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 9:05 pm

I believe CHM originally started in 2002, but we didn't see much traffic until 2003.  It is hard to believe that we are still up and running after so many years.

It is also sad how much time I have wasted online.  LOL. I wouldn't trade it, though, as I wouldn't know most of you fine people.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:57 am

When I came along, Vonnie, Staybrite and Alldat were def already here, and it was before 2005, perhaps 2003 or 2004. I know a few came and went, but many of the regulars here now, were here from the early days. I'm pretty sure Topshot, Hardkore and Fundy were here before me as well, which means Fundy's been here longer than 11 years   Wink
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:16 am

I remember being here before G/F, but can't remember when Staybrite or Vonnie came on board.

So I'm older than I think, that's kind of scary! Very Happy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:26 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
When I came along, Vonnie, Staybrite and Alldat were def already here, and it was before 2005, perhaps 2003 or 2004. I know a few came and went, but many of the regulars here now, were here from the early days. I'm pretty sure Topshot, Hardkore and Fundy were here before me as well, which means Fundy's been here longer than 11 years   Wink

Vonnie pretty much came in when I started the place.  She and I met on the old Napster.  She was discovering Christian metal bands for the first time, and I was trying to recover old classics that I had once owned on tape but had gotten rid of for some stupid reasons.  We both would download stuff and share with each other, too.  Not all of the song files were great, so that sparked me searching for CDs to replace my downloaded pirated albums.  She and I have known each other for around 18 years.

I started CHM at first because of all the bickering and fighting on the old CMR.  Sure, I was in the thick of it.  I needed a place to retreat and built this.  Then, I decided before I really started telling people we were there that we could be a sister site.  Where they go both secular and Christian, we would just focus on what we knew.  We'd stick with Christian music but focus on anything that rocks whether it was grunge, hard rock, metal, whatever.  It works for us.  And, while I have ventured back into secular music, I still stick with mostly Christian just because I like how it lifts my spirits and isn't promoting a lot of debauchery.  Most of the bands I loved back in the day were pretty nasty.

We've seen some folks come and go.  Some were curiosity seekers, others trolls/troublemakers, some got mad over little things, some got mad over something they felt were big things, and we have several lurkers who just read music news.  We will continue to be whatever we need to be while hopefully retaining the family feel.  If that ever stops, then we will stop or I will hand off the reigns to someone else.  Today, though, we are family--we are CHM.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 8:29 am

The members of CHM are no matter what family.
Yep, we are.

In all these years I've seen that many names are changed in guest.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Cool to hear the account of how CHM started.  I'm pretty certain when I came along, Alldat, RockerVu2, Topshot & Fundy were all here (along with a handful of other regulars & semi-regulars who have since moved on).  I know I have been here longer than Guilty/Forgiven because I made him join.  Laughing

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Quote :
I know I have been here longer than Guilty/Forgiven because I made him join.  Un-noteworthy news... Icon_lol

You did, didn't you ? You snagged me from either CMR or Firestream. Well done bro ! If not for you I wouldn't have ventured over here and met so many amazing brothers and sisters in Christ who were there for me during some pretty difficult times.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
I know I have been here longer than Guilty/Forgiven because I made him join.  Un-noteworthy news... Icon_lol

You did, didn't you ? You snagged me from either CMR or Firestream. Well done bro ! If not for you I wouldn't have ventured over here and met so many amazing brothers and sisters in Christ who were there for me during some pretty difficult times.

I can't remember where I snatched you from.  I just remember we were trading CDs like mad, and I thought for sure you would make a great addition to this place.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 10:32 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :

I can't remember where I snatched you from.  I just remember we were trading CDs like mad, and I thought for sure you would make a great addition to this place.

Didn't know what you were REALLY getting yourself into... or anyone else here for that matter  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:01 am

You have done a good job to invite Jim Gary.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:04 am

I think some of us have been on CHM on Niceboard too.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:07 am

It's cool CHM was the cause that here a family was grown.
It's cool to have my CHM family members.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 5:18 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
It's cool CHM was the cause that here a family was grown.
It's cool to have my CHM family members.

I agree completely. Some of you were there for me during some particularly difficult times, and only when you are in Glory will you finally understand what you truly meant to me.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes, I was one of the early adopters because CMR was too much into secular stuff and too much drama. I could probably pin it down pretty well if I wanted to load my email archives (only go back to 2006 on my current laptop) but 2002 sounds reasonable. I know we (well, the board host) had a crash in 2005. Then I guess EZboard folded in Jan 2007 so we started over again on forumotion (I couldn't convince Chris to self-host so we'd have full control). I purchased the domain name almost exactly 10 years ago to at least guard against having to move somewhere else again.

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:18 pm

I have no idea when I first joined. I just remember seeing it mentioned in Alldat's sig over at the CMR, so I checked it out. Honestly,what can I say...I like it here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Un-noteworthy news...   Un-noteworthy news... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Un-noteworthy news...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: