Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fozzy

Go down 
+2
Xid
Jen5
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Anyone ever hear of Fozzy? They're new to me, but I'm liking what I've heard so far (just this one song so far):

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Oh Lord, I did it AGAIN! I don't always watch the videos but choose instead to just listen to the music. Anyway, I was having a second listen and was curious about what the guitarist was doing at one point and I flicked to the video and what do I see but a couple women degrading themselves in skimpy outfits. Ahhh! One wouldn't think that a band that plays alongside Stryper would ever choose to go that way in a video. I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks for the warning.  Won't watch it.  (c:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Stryper doesn't usually tour with other Christian bands.  You cannot use being connected to Stryper as a way to pick new music.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 pm

I didn't know that. I've never had the pleasure of seeing a Stryper concert. Thanks for the head's up. The guy is a Christian though so I thought they wouldn't go that way.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 pm

I have heard that Chris Jericho (lead singer of Fozzy is a Christian), but I don't think the rest of his bandmates are.  When Fozzy first came out it was Chris singing with most of the band "Stuck Mojo.  I thought their early recordings were somewhat alright, but much of it was cover tracks of famous bands (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath) and they had this horribly comic schtick where they were trying to convince people that the cover songs were originally theirs but they had been stolen by all these other bands that got famous off of Fozzy's work.  I'm sure it was all supposed to be taken as a joke, but it seemed in rather poor taste to me (and the recordings where rather pale imitations of the originals).  So I have pretty much ignored the band for the last decade.
I did recently hear that Judas song (on Jericho's podcast) and thought it was pretty darned good.  However, I sampled the rest of his album and it is mostly in a style of modern metal that I just can't seem to tolerate for more than a few songs.
This was the first Fozzy song I ever heard.  I actually really dig cover songs, but only when they are handled well and the artist injects something new/personal to the song.  This just sounds like metal karaoke....not my thing.

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 7:27 pm

I just posted a cover for you Staybrite! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Jen5

Jen5

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I did recently hear that Judas song (on Jericho's podcast) and thought it was pretty darned good.  However, I sampled the rest of his album and it is mostly in a style of modern metal that I just can't seem to tolerate for more than a few songs.

This was the first Fozzy song I ever heard.  I actually really dig cover songs, but only when...the artist injects something new/personal to the song.  This just sounds like metal karaoke....not my thing.
That's an interesting story. 

I also went on to listen to the album. A couple caught my eye -- Painless and Wolves at Bay -- but, like you, it didn't really reel me in as a whole. I kept thinking of Peter Gabriel (which is really weird) and Skillet (also weird, but no disrespect intended cause I really admire the work they do for Christ).
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:38 am

I like Fozzy OK but I don't own anything. I guess I am more of a Jericho fan than a Fozzy fan tho. I also listen to his podcast (but not as much as I used to -- I need to listen to it again, I listen to a bunch of wrestling podcasts and Jericho's is a mix of wrestling and musical artist interviews). The first song I heard by them was "Where Eagles Dare".

I've only seen Stryper once (on the To Hell W The Devil tour) and the opening bands were Loudness and TNT which were excellent opening acts.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:39 pm

JLE3 wrote:
I just posted a cover for you Staybrite! LOL

Now that's what I'm talking about!  Your cover of "Beat It" infuses your own style into it yet still keeps the flavor of the original.  Very well done.

Staybrite

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

This was the first Fozzy song I ever heard.  I actually really dig cover songs, but only when...the artist injects something new/personal to the song.  This just sounds like metal karaoke....not my thing.
That's an interesting story. 

I also went on to listen to the album. A couple caught my eye -- Painless and Wolves at Bay -- but, like you, it didn't really reel me in as a whole. I kept thinking of Peter Gabriel (which is really weird) and Skillet (also weird, but no disrespect intended cause I really admire the work they do for Christ).

I totally hear Skillet in much of the tracks I sampled from the latest Fozzy album.  I think it works for Skillet, but not so much for Fozzy.

Staybrite

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I like Fozzy OK but I don't own anything. I guess I am more of a Jericho fan than a Fozzy fan tho. I also listen to his podcast (but not as much as I used to -- I need to listen to it again, I listen to a bunch of wrestling podcasts and Jericho's is a mix of wrestling and musical artist interviews). The first song I heard by them was "Where Eagles Dare".

I've only seen Stryper once (on the To Hell W The Devil tour) and the opening bands were Loudness and TNT which were excellent opening acts.

I agree, Jericho seems like a really decent guy.  You actually turned me on to his podcast.  You posted an interview he did with Michael Sweet over a year ago and I thought it was a great interview.  I have never really followed wrestling much at all so probably about 2/3 of his interviews don't have a lot of appeal for me, but I listen to nearly all of his other podcasts.  He had Henry Winkler (the Fonz from Happy Days) on a few months ago, and I thought that was really cool.

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Henry Winkler is cool! I met him once. Nice guy. Just disregard how fat I look in this picture Smile

Fozzy Fonz10
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Jen5

Jen5

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
...The first song I heard by them was "Where Eagles Dare".

I agree, Jericho seems like a really decent guy.  You actually turned me on to his podcast.... He had Henry Winkler (the Fonz from Happy Days) on a few months ago, and I thought that was really cool.

I just listened to Where Eagles Dare. Now there's a song that'd be really hard to sing...some of the lyrics come out really fast. I think I'd have my tongue twisted in knots before the first line was out.  lol

SB, I expect good 'ol Henry would prefer to be remembered for his skill as a Producer. It's "Aayyyyyyy!" versus Macgyver. Which would you choose?   Very Happy

John, is there anyone you haven't met? I mean, honestly...James Hetfield, Dray, Henry Winkler....and on and on........

Last edited by Jen5 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
...stuff
...more stuff
I just listened to Where Eagles Dare. Now there's a song that'd be really hard to sing...some of the lyrics come out really fast. I think I'd have my tongue twisted in knots before the first line was out.  lol

SB, I expect good 'ol Henry would prefer to be remembered for his skill as a Producer. It's "Aayyyyyyy!" versus Macgiver. Which would you choose?   Very Happy

John, is there anyone you haven't met? I mean, honestly...James Hetfield, Dray, Henry Winkler....and on and on........

It's funny because I remember seeing him in this old 70's movie (with Sylvester Stallone), called "The Lords of Flatbush".  I also remember him from the 80's movie Night Shift with Michael Keaton and Shelly Long, so for me he was always more than the just "The Fonz".  But the guy is so nice and seems rather humble so I think he's probably just happy to be remembered fondly (no matter what the role).

Fozzy Lords_10

Fozzy Night-10

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 pm

I remember Night Shift. Seems like it was one of those movies we would sneak to watch on HBO in the middle of the night LoL. 

He has a show on NBC called Better Late Than Never that has him, George Foreman, William Shatner and Terry Bradshaw. It's hilarious.

I need to go check out Jericho's interview with him. Like I said I haven't listened to Talk Is Jericho in a while.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 1:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I remember Night Shift. Seems like it was one of those movies we would sneak to watch on HBO in the middle of the night LoL. 

He has a show on NBC called Better Late Than Never that has him, George Foreman, William Shatner and Terry Bradshaw. It's hilarious.

I need to go check out Jericho's interview with him. Like I said I haven't listened to Talk Is Jericho in a while.

Laughing  That's probably exactly how I saw the Night Shift movie (I remember doing that a few times).

Winkler does talk about that new show (with Shatner and Bradshaw) on the TIJ podcast, definitely one worth listening to.

Fozzy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fozzy   Fozzy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fozzy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: