Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries Empty
PostSubject: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:49 pm

Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries Brv_bc

On the Pakaderm label, the debut album from this L.A. “hair metal” band was released in 1992. Just loaded with catchy choruses, and big background vocals, the album sports the typical slick production from the Elefante brothers. This would be the only album that lead singer Jamie Satlers would sing for. The band would go on to create one more album entitled “Trust” that would find the band experimenting with a little more alternative sound in their music but still mostly retaining that commercial L.A. metal sound.

I really like the music and the vocals, but I can’t help but wonder if the instrumentation would not have stood out a little better with a different producer. Some of the stuff produced by the Elefante brothers seems to “bleed” together into a kind of over-produced wall of sound where you can’t really distinguish the drums from the bass, and the keys from the guitars. But huge (just giant) hooks in the choruses of these songs, makes this music fan really happy. I don’t think there is a bad song on the album (maybe with the exception of the bonus tracks).

(again if you have never heard of the band send me a pm with your e-mail addy and I will send you a few mp3s so you can check them out).

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:36 pm

FANTASTIC album! I had it on cassette back in the day. I remember that album had great song after great song, but I also remember one specific song that blew my doors off...Ride With The Rhythm.

I miss that record, now that you mention it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:55 pm

I like this album, but the Elefante Bros. really over-produced it. The guitars are nearly drowned out by the keyboards--and the band didn't have a keyboard player!

I far prefer the band's follow up "Trust". You hear a much more honest representation of the band. Plus, I like the vocalist better on the 2nd album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:37 am

I really like both albums, but you are correct, it does seem like two different bands.

On a side note, my copy of this album has a slight gouge in it that puts a skip in one of the tracks about half way through the album. Not complaining though I got it in a used cut-out bin for less than $3.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 am

James Salters left the band after Battle Cries, but instead of hiring a new singer, they continued as a four-piece and the drummer took over the vocals. I liked Trust, but Battle Cries was far more my style. James' voice was very good for that style of music. I know the Elephantes overproduced it; but heck, they overproduced almost everything. I still loved it!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 am

I only know the name of the band.
Time to figure out how The Brave sounds.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 am

Finding "Trust" will be be a little easier. Finding "Battle Cries" at an affordable price could be a challenge.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:20 pm

That is true, "Trust" will probably come to you cheaper, than "Battle Cries", but I think you will probably like both albums.

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries   Classic Album:  The Brave - Battle Cries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries
Page 1 of 1