Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I bought a drone....

Go down 
+5
Fundy
Staybrite
messiaen77
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I bought a drone.... Empty
PostSubject: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 5:13 pm

So, I've seen these RC drones for a while and wanted one.  They had some at Walgreens that were cool looking but WAY overpriced at Christmas.  So, they had them on clearance for a little over half off.  So, I bought one!

Well, I haven't had time to play with it until today.  We took it out in the yard and I can't do anything with it.  I can't get it to fly right.  I am not expecting to be able to do tricks yet.  I just want a simple up and down flight.  The thing just goes crazy and slams into everything even when you don't have your finger on the joystick to move it.

After a few attempts, I had already broken one propeller.  So, I put on one of the replacement ones it came with.  Then, again I crashed into the side of the house and the frame is already broken.  Well, since I can't take it back now, I smashed the darn thing with my foot.  Seriously.  SMASHED IT!!!!

I am so pissed right now, but at the same time, I feel so much better.  I should have just bought a broken one and smashed it and saved myself all the frustration of not being able to fly the piece of junk.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 5:27 pm

That's why I haven't gotten one. Afraid I would crash it. A boss at work has one and it works well. Prob a very expensive one. He flew it over the plant/facility and it's pretty cool watching the video he made. I'd like to make one around my house but I'm sure I would do like you and just smash it.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 6:46 pm

My kids got me one for Christmas, but I just got to play with it last week.  It was fun, but the battery only lasts a minute.  I did my fair share of crashing--trees, the house, a kid...It's still in good shape though.  It's got a good camera--HD, but not a great one.  Once I get the hang of flying it I'll try making some videos.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Darn, I was hoping you were going to use it to deliver new Big Chris & DBBD cds to your faithful customers.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Darn, I was hoping you were going to use it to deliver new Big Chris & DBBD cds to your faithful customers.
lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 6:05 pm

My geek buddy has a drone, but he basically can't fly it anymore because of ridiculous proximity-to-objects regulations. So he 3D-printed a micro drone, which he *is* allowed to fly.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 1:42 pm

I'd love to own an expensive one like they use for filming movie segments. But until they drop the price to a "Plug Nickel", I won't be getting one, as I only have a Plug Nickel  Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 8:50 pm

After my pathetic first drone experience, I don't care if they start giving them away.  I am done.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Cool! You bought some Sunn O)))?  Oh wait, I thought it said "I bought some drone".  My bad.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Over the years I've bought some cheap ones for my son. The most expensive was $30. It was a nice 18" drone. It flew the best. I've tried the smaller ones and they are harder to fly. They seem to be too sensitive and bounce all over the place. I've seen experienced people fly them on YouTube pretty good, so I think it is something you have to get used to. That being said, you end up destroying them in the process. The 18" one we had was doing good until my son lost control of it and it got stuck in a tree. It eventually came down but it messed up the motor and wouldn't fly after that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:14 am

The one I bought was also an 18" with on board camera and controls to help it stop drifting.  It didn't drift.  It automatically veered off course.  It was garbage and ruined the whole drone experience for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought a drone....   I bought a drone.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought a drone....
Page 1 of 1