Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes Empty
PostSubject: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:50 am

Wrote and recorded this demo today. Maybe it will become something down the road.

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:22 pm

I totally dig your guitar sound.  It has crunch without being fuzzy or washing out, and you play with so much melody.  Even just as an instrumental track (of which I am not really a fan), this works.

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Another cool tune!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks guys.

So I look at it this way...to me melody is everything, but especially with an instrumental song. If the instrumental is just full on soloing all over the place (and I do like some of those for technical reasons), the song doesn't really seem like a song, but rather a show off piece.

I like to sprinkle in little solos here and there but I also think that it's important that some of the lead guitar parts take the place of vocals in that they are melodic and repetitious.

But at the end of the day I just really love creating music AND sharing it! When I sit down with my guitar something always pours out. So why not record it, polish it up a little, then share it with like minded folks? Life's too short to keep things to yourself. Share!

I like doing the quick little videos too because the song may have no words, but it makes me feel a certain way and the video helps get that across. For example I was thinking Game of Thrones when writing this one obviously.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:10 pm

JLE3 wrote:
So I look at it this way...to me melody is everything, but especially with an instrumental song. If the instrumental is just full on soloing all over the place (and I do like some of those for technical reasons), the song doesn't really seem like a song, but rather a show off piece.

Joe Satriani puts a lot of work into his music to make the lead guitar a melody.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Where do you get all your licensed video clips?  I'd like to do a couple of videos like this for my blues stuff and add the lyrics to it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Where do you get all your licensed video clips?  I'd like to do a couple of videos like this for my blues stuff and add the lyrics to it.

In a seperate thread I've explained Youtube's copyright policy and subsequent email you will receive from them when you post a video like this. But basically the catch is that you can't monetize it. They owner of the footage (HBO, SONY, etc.) owns the footage so THEY may place ads onto your videos and gain any profit. YouTube clearly explains in the copyright claim email you receive that you are fine and do not have to take down your video.

A good example of this is if you go to my GOD OF THE UNDERWORLD thread and watch the video. I used clips from THE MUMMY movies. A minute or so into the video a little pop up will come up in the top right corner to buy if interested. Click on it. It's not to buy my song. It's to buy the movie THE MUMMY! I did not put that ad there. They did.

Normally I am not concerned about this because these videos gain a few hundred views. However I did post one using clips from a video game and that one has over 6,400 views so far so I am watching that one closely. If anything negative does happen I'd happily post my experience here.

For some royalty free stuff you can try this website...

https://archive.org/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:15 pm

JLE3 wrote:
Thanks guys.

In addition to not being a fan of instrumentals (have I said that before? Laughing )....this is the exact reason I have never owned any Malmsteen records and why I far prefer Rob Rock's solo stuff over anything he records with Impellitteri.  Much of that over-done guitar wankery just ruins it for me.

StarPilot

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Really enjoyed that. Love the tone of your guitar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes   Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter is Coming - Evans and Stokes
Page 1 of 1