For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 New Stryper is complete!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
I've finally listened to the album and am pretty underwhelmed.  I mean aurally it all sounds good, but the songs just don't grab me and make me want to keep listening.

ZOMG!!! Y U B HATIN!!!1!  lol!
Cuz I'm a heathen holier than thou uptight religious Pharisee type who wouldn't (expletive) know good music if it (expletive) knocked me on my (expletive)(expletive). STRYPER ROXXXX!!!!!
(At least that's what I've learned from reading GDE-related Facebook posts).

I thought your therapist told you to stop reading those? (Or was that my therapist who told me that?)
It was actually muh wife.  She keeps telling me nothing good comes from reading the comments.

Wise lady.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Mon May 28, 2018 11:48 am

So I have been listening to the new album once a day for the last few weeks.  I will say I have mixed feelings about it.  There are some really cool songs on the album that I quite like (Sorry, Lost, The Valley, Can't Live Without Your Love).  But there are some songs I'm just not at all a fan of (Sea of Thieves, The Devil Doesn't Live Here), and I absolutely cannot stand "Take It to the Cross"...it has become a skip song for me.  Really conflicted about the title track GDE, it has a great hook, but for the life of me I cannot sing along with that part in the chorus.  Like someone already mentioned I could not bring myself to play that song for a non-believer....I just think it sends the wrong message despite what the band intended.  Overall not a bad album at all, but I certainly wouldn't rank it near the top of my favorites either.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

avatar

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:38 am

It's better than I originally thought, but still nowhere near the top half of the Stryper list of my favorite records. I haven't listened to it in weeks now and I don't anticipate pulling it out again for a long time. When I want Stryper, I go to several other records first.

I also got a little Michael Sweet-ed out. He's been cranking out new music in various forms for the last several years and I've enjoyed several of the projects. But I know I'm getting tired of a guy when I hear his voice and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Time for a break!  
lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:54 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
....

I also got a little Michael Sweet-ed out. He's been cranking out new music in various forms for the last several years and I've enjoyed several of the projects. But I know I'm getting tired of a guy when I hear his voice and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Time for a break!  
lol!

That's one of those "blessing and curse" sort of deals.  It's great that he is being so prolific (because you know it won't last forever), but it can get a little tiring to hear yet another new song/album.  I almost wish he would write the 20+ songs each year he is writing and put out an album every three years just containing the best 12-14 of them. (Hmm maybe Joshua Perahia was on to something there....lol).

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 am

OK.  Here is a funny comparison.  Just looking at the last 18 years (2000 to 2018)

Joshua Perahia has released two albums (just 2 albums in 18 years).
Michael Sweet has release four solo albums, two Sweet Lynch albums, and  seven Stryper albums (a whopping 13 albums in 18 years).
There is an interesting contrast.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3708
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:13 am

Staybrite wrote:
There is an interesting contrast.
One is making music for a living and the other is selling cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 am

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
There is an interesting contrast.
One is making music for a living and the other is selling cars.

I understand that.  And would expect at least some descrepancy.  But you, Alldat and Evans and Stokes all work at nonmusician jobs yet you have all managed to put out more music than Perahia has.
Just kind of pointing out the "feast or famine" contrast.  Personally I think Sweet may have over extended himself to the point where his output has suffered ( at least a little), and Perahia has done far too little to appease any kind of fan base.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3708
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Balance in everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19187
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
There is an interesting contrast.
One is making music for a living and the other is selling cars.

I understand that.  And would expect at least some descrepancy.  But you, Alldat and Evans and Stokes all work at nonmusician jobs yet you have all managed to put out more music than Perahia has.
Just kind of pointing out the "feast or famine" contrast.  Personally I think Sweet may have over extended himself to the point where his output has suffered ( at least a little), and Perahia has done far too little to appease any kind of fan base.


Perahia spends too much time thinking he was bigger in music than he really was while trash talking Michael Sweet.  If he'd work more on his music instead of resting on the laurels of one "intense" album and hating on Michael, he'd have dozens of albums out!

Music has to be a priority.  Xid and I release music when we can considering we don't have full bands, unlimited time, etc.  We make music because we love it--not because we are getting rich.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Medieval Torture Device

avatar

Number of posts : 92
Age : 51
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Xid wrote:
Balance in everything.
You Rock
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

avatar

Number of posts : 92
Age : 51
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
There is an interesting contrast.
One is making music for a living and the other is selling cars.

I understand that.  And would expect at least some descrepancy.  But you, Alldat and Evans and Stokes all work at nonmusician jobs yet you have all managed to put out more music than Perahia has.
Just kind of pointing out the "feast or famine" contrast.  Personally I think Sweet may have over extended himself to the point where his output has suffered ( at least a little), and Perahia has done far too little to appease any kind of fan base.


Perahia spends too much time thinking he was bigger in music than he really was while trash talking Michael Sweet.  If he'd work more on his music instead of resting on the laurels of one "intense" album and hating on Michael, he'd have dozens of albums out!

Music has to be a priority.  Xid and I release music when we can considering we don't have full bands, unlimited time, etc.  We make music because we love it--not because we are getting rich.
+1 trillion
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

avatar

Number of posts : 92
Age : 51
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:29 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:
....

I also got a little Michael Sweet-ed out. He's been cranking out new music in various forms for the last several years and I've enjoyed several of the projects. But I know I'm getting tired of a guy when I hear his voice and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Time for a break!  
lol!

That's one of those "blessing and curse" sort of deals.  It's great that he is being so prolific (because you know it won't last forever), but it can get a little tiring to hear yet another new song/album.  I almost wish he would write the 20+ songs each year he is writing and put out an album every three years just containing the best 12-14 of them. (Hmm maybe Joshua Perahia was on to something there....lol).
Something tells me MS's OCD factors into his plenteous output.  Just my $.02.
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3708
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Music has to be a priority.  Xid and I release music when we can considering we don't have full bands, unlimited time, etc.  We make music because we love it--not because we are getting rich.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Though being rich might be kind of fun for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Medieval Torture Device wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:
....

I also got a little Michael Sweet-ed out. He's been cranking out new music in various forms for the last several years and I've enjoyed several of the projects. But I know I'm getting tired of a guy when I hear his voice and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Time for a break!  
lol!

That's one of those "blessing and curse" sort of deals.  It's great that he is being so prolific (because you know it won't last forever), but it can get a little tiring to hear yet another new song/album.  I almost wish he would write the 20+ songs each year he is writing and put out an album every three years just containing the best 12-14 of them. (Hmm maybe Joshua Perahia was on to something there....lol).
Something tells me MS's OCD factors into his plenteous output.  Just my $.02.

You just might have something there.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Medieval Torture Device

avatar

Number of posts : 92
Age : 51
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Speaking from personal experience (I believe I have a mild form of OCD), there's a fine line between drivenness and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.   Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:47 am

So after a few weeks I really enjoy this release. To me it is no better or worse than the last two and they fit nicely as a trilogy. I usually skip over the slow stuff but I never did care for Stryper ballads.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19187
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:55 am

Medieval Torture Device wrote:
Speaking from personal experience (I believe I have a mild form of OCD), there's a fine line between drivenness and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.   Wink



We would have so much fun together!  You think you have OCD, and I am diagnosed with ADD.  My former pastor was OCD to the point that he had to line his shoes up a certain way when we went on a mission trip to Cincinnati together.  I left my side of the room in total disarray and messed his shoes up for fun.  I had a blast and he would never room with me again. 

lol!

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Medieval Torture Device

avatar

Number of posts : 92
Age : 51
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:44 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Wow, I couldn't believe my ears tonight! The local classic rock station (which never plays anything new) was talking about the new Stryper album and how Walmart didn't carry it. Then they played the title track! Was a bit odd hearing GDE on the radio and cool at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Wow, I couldn't believe my ears tonight! The local classic rock station (which never plays anything new) was talking about the new Stryper album and how Walmart didn't carry it. Then they played the title track! Was a bit odd hearing GDE on the radio and cool at the same time!

Oh wow, wish they would have picked a different track...bu bthat is fantastic exposure for the band.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Fundy

avatar

Number of posts : 4028
Age : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:02 am

Xid wrote:
Balance in everything.
Star Wars is everywhere
lol!

_________________
My Christian Metal Website.........
Silence Is Madness

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1996
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:18 am

http://bravewords.com/news/stryper-frontman-michael-sweet-when-you-sing-about-god-in-a-metal-band-the-odds-are-against-you-instantly

Soundcloud link here
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19156
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am

Cool!  Thanks for posting that Mike.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Stryper is complete!   

Back to top Go down
 
New Stryper is complete!
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night
» Samples of new Stryper record!!!
» Stryper
» God - Stryper
» Robert Sweet (Stryper) NOT playing on the new album!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: