For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Please say a prayer for my family

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Please say a prayer for my family   Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi everyone. About two weeks ago my family's home was hit by the same storm that split my plum tree. The sea rose so high that the waves came over the bank and flooded the yard and house. The water in the house got six inches deep. All the carpets are ruined, the appliances are ruined. The water pump that pumps and cleans drinking water broke. The cupboards don't close.

When the water had drained away, it left sand, stone, and shells evenly spread over all the ground to four inches deep. Debris is everywhere. Throughout this awful time, I have managed to stay positive and keep my sense of humour. But now, we find that every plant has died. All the shrubs, all the fruit trees, the lovely shade tree under which we have enjoyed so many family meals...all dead. It makes me so sad.

The roads were washed out so none of us could get up there to help. This past week we were finally able to send relief. This weekend we started digging out in the yard. All those dead plants equal 4-10 inches of leaves spread over a 1/4 acre. Heart breaking. And our folks are devastated. We had been helping them downsize to move in to town. The house was to go on the market in the next few weeks with a real estate photographer booked for two days after the storm. Now that won't happen.  They are insisting that they stay and now refuse to leave.

Please pray for us. Pray that all the organisations (council, insurance people, earthquake commission) that need to work together to make things right actually do work together so that we can get the job done. Pray for my family and for all the other 100s of families affected by the storm to have strength to shift a mountain (cause that's what we need to do). Pray for our wellbeing, that we might find the silver lining in all of this destruction and that we might still laugh together.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3591
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Will do!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1805
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 am

You got it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18855
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 am

Sad news, will be praying.

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:01 am

Thanks guys. I woke up this morning feeling rather overwhelmed by all this and very sad. It was the dead garden that tipped the scales for me. As my day progressed, I started to feel better about it all. Optimism returns. Prayers help. Thank you for your prayers guys.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18883
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am

Praying right now!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14986
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:25 pm

That's terrible to hear Jen what happend to your family.
Praying for your family.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Thank you Chris. Thank you Yvonne. One thing is for sure, a crisis of this scale sure does bring people together. Folks are contributing food to those hardest hit. There's a retired fisherman living in the neighbourhood. He's been fishing snapper every day and coming home to smoke the fish to distribute to the families (like ours) who still have limited refrigeration. Because the fruit trees are now dead, those who still have fruiting trees are stewing fruit and distributing it. Yup, it's pretty awesome how folks band together. Thank you for your prayers. I know it's helping to keep our spirits up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please say a prayer for my family   

Back to top Go down

Please say a prayer for my family
Page 1 of 1