Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Songs stuck in your head

Go down 
+11
Fundy
messiaen77
Jen5
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Staybrite
ishmael81
Xid
Driven
MikeInFla
Hardkore
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Songs stuck in your head Empty
PostSubject: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 12:28 pm

I recently came across a CD of X-sinner' s Get It. I hadn't heard it in so long as I think I wore out my cassette years ago. Well I've listened to it a couple of times in the car already. While at work or elsewhere just about every song is getting shuffled around in my head.  

I always have songs going thru my head.

Does anybody else have songs stuck in their head?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 1:10 pm

At this particular moment? "Love Is Alive" by Gary Wright. Don't know why it is stuck in my head, haven't heard it in ages.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 pm

I might add that today I listened to D.O.G. It's a decent CD, some good tunes. Not something I listen to all the time but worth the 10 bucks I paid for it. I was in the mood for something heavy so I listened to it. And even after playing it, this song is still in my head:

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 4:27 pm

I constantly have a song in my head. Sometimes, a thought or sight will trigger whatever song. If I think about the Cold War, for instance, I'll have this song stuck in my head (not Christian but not "bad"):

despite being a Canadian song from the 80s called Distant Early Warning, it isn't a Rush cover.

But yeah, I always have a song going through my head.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Driven wrote:

But yeah, I always have a song going through my head.

Yeah,I know what you mean. My head is a constant juke box. It is just that now ,after haveing not heard the disc in sooo long, alot of the songs are still playing in my head.

Usually when I think of something that is stuck in my head I tend to start thinking of the song Over My Head by King's X
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Don't worry
Be happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Right now it’s Social Distortion’s Story of My Life. Five minutes ago? Chris Stapleton’s Parachute. Five minutes from now? Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Right now it’s Social Distortion’s Story of My Life. 

Fantastic song!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 am

I get them stuck in my head from time to time.  I can't say I have anything running around up there right now.  Okay, except for music, I don't have anything running around up there.......ever.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Sometimes I'm having songs stuck in my head.
The last weeks there wasn't any song stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 am

Every day of my life since I was about four, with just one exception, I've had a song of some sort running around in my head. There was one very long, very disturbing time when no music was there. I was in pain for many years and the music died. It was awful. Complete musical silence in my head, no singing (even at church) and no desire to hear music. But, about 5 years ago, the music came back like a waterfall. A constant rhythm of my own and other's songs. I knew I was myself again. Awesome.

Sometimes, however, having music in your head is a curse. This afternoon, for instance, I had this piece of awfulness there...

If I was not consciously thinking about my own work, that song came in to take its place. It's a piece of awfulness and I blame Devin Townsend. I'm a big Devy fan so when he published his top 100 Spotify list for 2017, I, of course, had to take a listen to all the songs I didn't know. Way down on the list was that evil song. Grrr...go away breakfast burrito.

Earlier today, it was "Children of Light" by Within Silence...

Yesterday it was Losing Control by Red...

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am

Jen5 wrote:
Every day of my life since I was about four, with just one exception, I've had a song of some sort running around in my head. There was one very long, very disturbing time when no music was there. I was in pain for many years and the music died. It was awful. Complete musical silence in my head, no singing (even at church) and no desire to hear music. But, about 5 years ago, the music came back like a waterfall. A constant rhythm of my own and other's songs. I knew I was myself again. Awesome.

Sometimes, however, having music in your head is a curse. This afternoon, for instance, I had this piece of awfulness there...

If I was not consciously thinking about my own work, that song came in to take its place. It's a piece of awfulness and I blame Devin Townsend. I'm a big Devy fan so when he published his top 100 Spotify list for 2017, I, of course, had to take a listen to all the songs I didn't know. Way down on the list was that evil song. Grrr...go away breakfast burrito.

Earlier today, it was "Children of Light" by Within Silence...

Yesterday it was Losing Control by Red...

Can we still be friends even though I admit that I'm lovin' the breakfast burrito song?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 pm

My mind is constantly awash in music.  Sometimes I wonder how particular songs got there.  For instance, a couple days ago I woke up with Hayseed Dixie's version of "Cat Scratch Fever" on the brain.

Yesterday it was "Younger Than Springtime" from South Pacific.  I haven't seen that show in 25 years. 

Today it has been this one (although it is now mixed with the breakfast burrito song too)

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 5:56 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Can we still be friends even though I admit that I'm lovin' the breakfast burrito song?

My mind is constantly awash in music.  Sometimes I wonder how particular songs got there.  For instance, a couple days ago I woke up with Hayseed Dixie's version of "Cat Scratch Fever" on the brain.
Yesterday it was "Younger Than Springtime" from South Pacific.  I haven't seen that show in 25 years.  
Today it has been this one (although it is now mixed with the breakfast burrito song too)

Ow, my aching abs. What a laugh. Laughed so hard I sent my mouse flying off my desk and now the button is stuck down. Your fault messiaen. Mt poor abused pink mouse. I'll forgive you that and give you breakfast burrito if I'm allowed to love Arthur Fhardy's Yodeling Party. Sorry to say it, but I think your version of Cat Scratch Fever is...well...awful. Ted Nugent gets the cool prize over Hayseed Dixie any day.

As for the vibrato heavy Younger than Springtime...all I can say is I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets their head filled with nonsense. Here's a cringe-worthy song I had tormenting me for weeks in 2016 when I was researching the sounds of the 30s and 40s for an EP project. It's the war-time classic Mairzy Doats...

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:13 pm

I had never heard of X-Sinner before so I had a listen and now I'm in love. They sound so much like AC/DC but with Christian themes. Thank you hardkore for posting that. So far I've listened to "Medicine," "Steppin on Toes," "Hearts on Fire," and "No Way In." Apart from "Hearts on Fire" sounding like the drummer is down a well, every one of them is excellent. I'm particularly loving "No Way In." "No way in unless you die with Him" Awesome lyric.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 pm

I always get something stuck in my head that I haven't heard in years. My brain pulls one outta the dustbin I guess. This morning I woke up with this in my mind and if you are at least 40 you should remember it as a staple of Saturday mornings.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I always get something stuck in my head that I haven't heard in years. My brain pulls one outta the dustbin I guess. This morning I woke up with this in my mind and if you are at least 40 you should remember it as a staple of Saturday mornings.

I have had the "Conjunction Junction" song stuck in my head on more than one occasion.  Those darned School House Rocks songs were super catchy.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Jen5 wrote:
I had never heard of X-Sinner before so I had a listen and now I'm in love. They sound so much like AC/DC but with Christian themes. Thank you hardkore for posting that. So far I've listened to "Medicine," "Steppin on Toes," "Hearts on Fire," and "No Way In." Apart from "Hearts on Fire" sounding like the drummer is down a well, every one of them is excellent. I'm particularly loving "No Way In." "No way in unless you die with Him" Awesome lyric.

You are welcome! The songs that come up the most are Get It, Rolling Thunder,Medicine, Hearts on Fire, No Way In  and Living on the Edge.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

I have had the "Conjunction Junction" song stuck in my head on more than one occasion.  Those darned School House Rocks songs were super catchy.

Oh man, now that is in my head. I didn't even have to watch that video. Right now it is a mash between that and X-Sinner's Rolling Thunder.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 8:07 am

I sadly have the them music from the shows Full House/Fuller House in my head this morning.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Jen5 wrote:

You might want to look into Rex's (singer/guitarist) other projects as well.  Before X-Sinner he put out one album with a band called Zion (Thunder from the Mountain).

He also has 3 albums under a newer project titled The GX Project (although at some point I think they just shortened the name to GX).  It's not supposed to be a "Christian band" per se, but some of the lyrical themes do still seem to point to Rex's faith.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Even though I haven't heard it in some time, I have Faster Pussycat's song "Bathroom Wall" in my head today.  While the music is fun, the lyrics are quite disgusting.  There is no way that I would call someone's number on a bathroom wall for a hook up.  I'd be scared to death that I'd get a disease that would kill me.  I'd be even more scared that my wife would literally kill me as she also has her carry/conceal permit and shoots almost as good as I do.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm

This is now in my head. More Canadian rock.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 am

Staybrite wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
I had never heard of X-Sinner before so I had a listen and now I'm in love. They sound so much like AC/DC but with Christian themes.

You might want to look into Rex's (singer/guitarist) other projects as well.  Before X-Sinner he put out one album with a band called Zion (Thunder from the Mountain).

He also has 3 albums under a newer project titled The GX Project (although at some point I think they just shortened the name to GX).  It's not supposed to be a "Christian band" per se, but some of the lyrical themes do still seem to point to Rex's faith.

Well that's just interesting. I find I'm liking the Zion stuff, but I listened to the GX stuff (went through three of their songs) and it's just not hitting me in the same way. Very weird (seeing as it's the same singer). Thanks SB. I'm going to take a look at more of the Zion material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs stuck in your head   Songs stuck in your head I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs stuck in your head
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next