Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music in a similar vein to Fighter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Richardson

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-01-06

Music in a similar vein to Fighter Empty
PostSubject: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi all and a very happy new year to all forum members Smile I am a non-Christian but was introduced to music from the band Fighter some 25 years ago by way of the track 'Nice guy' that has been a soundworm in my head ever since hearing it. Sadly it was only a few months ago when l actually got around to looking for them when l discovered that:
a) they are no longer together  Sad  
b) their CDs are no longer available either for sensible money Crying or Very sad

Fortunately someone has very kindly posted their 2 albums Bang the Drum and The Waiting on YouTube allowing me to finally get to hear their full back catalogue and, man, their stuff is good! Why the heck they broke up is beyond me! scratch As a newbie to Christian rock as a whole, can anyone recommend any bands (whose music is hopefully still available!) who are of a similar ilk to Fighter as it's stuff l'd really like to get into but just don't know who's out there?

Many thanks guys! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Much of what is similar to Fighter is gonna be out of print.  However, much is available via Amazon or iTubes downloads or streaming on Spotify, Pandora, and YouTube.

Halo and Idle Cure come to mind as similar to Fighter.  Fighter's female vocalist also did one solo album that was just a touch lighter but still a good listen. You also may like Whiteheart and late 80s/early 90s Petra.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Chris Richardson

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks again, alldatndemsum. On various other forum sites it was noted that Amy Wolter had released a solo album so hopefully that too is on YouTube in order to get a listen to it. Thanks again, too, for the Halo and Idle Cure recommendations - l look forward to checking their stuff out! Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 8:38 am

Also, try Legend who later changed their name to Legend Seven.  Early Liason would also fit.

Sadly, this all was in the early 90s.  Wtih it being Christian music, most of these bands did not have widespread popularity outside the Christian camp.  So, most is no longer in print.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 pm

As Alldat suggested there aren't a ton of bands in the same style that are currently active.  There also aren't a whole lot of bands that split vocals between a male and female lead.  There is an independent band from Spokane Washington that do remind me a lot of Fighter.  They go by the name of Hovland.  Unfortunately they only have one album "Rise UP" (from 2011) and almost no presence on the internet.  But it looks like their entire "Rise Up" album is on youtube.

Another band/project you might want to check out is Liberty N Justice.  They have several albums many of which feature guest singers and guitarist from many different Christian and secular bands.  Much of their music is in the AOR/hard rock variety.  Check out songs from their albums "Soundtrack of a Soul", "Independence Day", or "The Cigar Chronicles".  The albums do vary though, and some of it is a little harder than the tracks I've posted below.

There is also a band out of the U.K. by the name of "Risen from Ruins" that splits vocal duties between a male an female lead.  I wouldn't say their style is really close to Fighter, but they do have a very melodic (but also modern) sound.  They have at least two albums I believe.

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 3:17 am

Huge thanks Alldat and Staybright - l'll certainly look into these. Also, are there are any internet-based Christian rock radio stations worth giving a shout-out for? I have an internet portable radio I use at work to listen to so any stations playing any of these bands would be good to know. Sincere gratitude guys! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 am

Tri-Rock Radio

Dead To Self Radio

Both of those are streamable through some app but I don't remember the name as I don't use my phone for listening to music.  I know--I am old.

Back to top Go down
Chris Richardson

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Tri-Rock Radio

Dead To Self Radio

Both of those are streamable through some app but I don't remember the name as I don't use my phone for listening to music.  I know--I am old.

lol! You gotta get with the times, man! Jokes aside, thanks for these again - l'll catch a listen to them. Does South African band Tree63 get much exposure on here? Theyr're big back in South Africa and l see have won a GMS Dove Award on the world stage too.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Welcome to CHM Cris Richardson.
Back to top Go down
Chris Richardson

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 4:55 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome to CHM Cris Richardson.

Cheers rockerVu2 - much appreciated! 👍
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 10:47 pm

I would also add Mastedon.

Back to top Go down
Chris Richardson

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 2:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Tri-Rock Radio

Dead To Self Radio

Been listening to Tri-Rock for most of the day and totally approve - an awesome mix of tunes so thanks again alldat 👍👌👏
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music in a similar vein to Fighter   Music in a similar vein to Fighter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music in a similar vein to Fighter
Page 1 of 1