For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Reading List 2018!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 19444
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
The 49th Mystic--Ted Dekker

Did you finish or are you still reading it?  I haven't kept up with him for the last 3 or 4 years, as I wasn't too impressed with some of his latest stuff.  So just interested in what you think of it.

I got tired of all his stuff being attached to The Circle series.  I liked his earlier works that were generally only one or two novels.  I like his daughter Rachel's stuff better these days.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 19395
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

Did you finish or are you still reading it?  I haven't kept up with him for the last 3 or 4 years, as I wasn't too impressed with some of his latest stuff.  So just interested in what you think of it.

I got tired of all his stuff being attached to The Circle series.  I liked his earlier works that were generally only one or two novels.  I like his daughter Rachel's stuff better these days.

I didn't even know the 49th Mystic was tied into the Circle series.  I might pass.  I have had the worst time keeping up with his series.  I understand why author's do it (having to reinvent characters and words every book is hard)...but even though the first three or four books were fantastic I've had a hard time remembering what has gone on with his later series work...like the characters or story lines just aren't strong enough to remember from novel to novel.

Number of posts : 15219
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Round Robin - Jennifer Chiaverini
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am

Star Wars: Thrawn Alliances by Timothy Zahn

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I just started it.  Yeah, it's tied to the Circle Series, so far it seems like a "next generation" kind of situation.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I read that last.  I liked it pretty well, but it seemed kinda slow at points.  I like the Thrawn character and wished he had actually been a part of the film story.  He was an intriguing character in Rebels.  He came across as a sort of Hannibal Lechter-type character (minus the eating people thing), someone who was clearly a villain, but had a lot of qualities that make you like and respect him.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3450
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:07 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I read that last.  I liked it pretty well, but it seemed kinda slow at points.  I like the Thrawn character and wished he had actually been a part of the film story.  He was an intriguing character in Rebels.  He came across as a sort of Hannibal Lechter-type character (minus the eating people thing), someone who was clearly a villain, but had a lot of qualities that make you like and respect him.
I liked it as well.  Yes, it did have some slow parts but overall very well written.  I like how they added how Thrawn was analyzing people as he met them. And I like how he kept bringing up Anakin much to Vader's chagrin.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:02 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I just started it.  Yeah, it's tied to the Circle Series, so far it seems like a "next generation" kind of situation.

I'll be interested to know what you think of it once you are finished.  I did see there are at least two books in the series already.

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 pm

Wedding Quilt - Jennifer Chiaverini
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:36 am

Star Wars: Thrawn Alliances -  Timothy Zahn

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:17 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I'll be interested to know what you think of it once you are finished.  I did see there are at least two books in the series already.
So far it's pretty good.  In places it seems like a theological treatise in novel form.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:33 am

Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am

Indelible - Kristen Heitzmann
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am

Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm

The Case For Faith - Lee Stroebel

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:57 am

Rose House - Tina Ann Forkner
A Summer at Sea - Katie Fforde
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I didn't even know the 49th Mystic was tied into the Circle series.  I might pass.  I have had the worst time keeping up with his series.  I understand why author's do it (having to reinvent characters and words every book is hard)...but even though the first three or four books were fantastic I've had a hard time remembering what has gone on with his later series work...like the characters or story lines just aren't strong enough to remember from novel to novel.
I don't know that I would call it a "must read."  It's kinda stagnant in places and really only ramps up toward the end when...you have to get the next book to see what happens.  That's a big reason I think a lot of authors go the series route--people like me who have a hard time starting a story and not seeing it through to the end.  So with that in mind...

The Rise of the Mystics--Ted Dekker.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I picked up her books yesterday and will probably go to them next.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:

I don't know that I would call it a "must read."  It's kinda stagnant in places and really only ramps up toward the end when...you have to get the next book to see what happens.  That's a big reason I think a lot of authors go the series route--people like me who have a hard time starting a story and not seeing it through to the end.  So with that in mind...

The Rise of the Mystics--Ted Dekker.

lol!  I've been known to do that as well.  Started to get really angry with Frank Herbert about the 4th novel into the Dune series.

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:50 am

Winter Blossom - Corine Bomann
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Reading List 2018!   Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 am

Star Wars: Battlefront II: Inferno Squad by Christie Golden
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2