Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Random Ramblings - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:51 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So how does that type of hands-on training work?  Do they have an adult be the restrainee?

We all will practice the restraints on one another.  You will be both restrainer and restrainee.

I would think that restraining a child would require different techniques than restraining an adult.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
So how does that type of hands-on training work?  Do they have an adult be the restrainee?

We all will practice the restraints on one another.  You will be both restrainer and restrainee.

I would think that restraining a child would require different techniques than restraining an adult.

Luckily, there are a couple of small women who will let us do the small child restraint.  You are correct--there are different techniques involved.  The restraints used for larger children and teens require two or three people to do.  If they become violent enough for you to need these, then it is going to take a couple of people to stop them and keep them down until they subsist.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 am

I hope you get your state certification on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 8:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Luckily, there are a couple of small women who will let us do the small child restraint.  You are correct--there are different techniques involved.  The restraints used for larger children and teens require two or three people to do.  If they become violent enough for you to need these, then it is going to take a couple of people to stop them and keep them down until they subsist.

Yeah, but you gotta watch out for those smaller women as they're the ones who know all of the dangerous moves  affraid

And I take it that using the sleeper hold is frown upon.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Definitely! You can only use the handful of state approved holds.

Sent from Topic'it App

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 4:45 pm

I passed my TCI training course and am now state certified for crisis intervention and restraint usage for the next two years!  Go, me!

Ok, that was nowhere as near as big as I felt it should be.  LOL

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

Nice!  Do you get a card to keep in your wallet?  That'd be cool...  Or maybe a diploma you could put over your desk at your new church?   Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 8:48 pm

kerrick wrote:
Nice!  Do you get a card to keep in your wallet?  That'd be cool...  Or maybe a diploma you could put over your desk at your new church?   Razz

Actually, I DID get a certificate.  If I were the teacher instead of the aid, I would put it up in the classroom.  I probably will get a scan of it to share with my administrators so that they know they can call me if they need help with a restraint somewhere else in the building.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:09 am

Right on!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 am

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Actually, I DID get a certificate.  If I were the teacher instead of the aid, I would put it up in the classroom.  I probably will get a scan of it to share with my administrators so that they know they can call me if they need help with a restraint somewhere else in the building.

Especially if you're dealing with a wayward teacher who doesn't follow the lesson plan  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:44 am

lol!

Lots going on in the King household here...  Baby is due any day now, our two-year anniversary is in a few days (which is actually Baby's official due date!), and it's looking like I may be receiving a direct-hire job offer for the company I'm currently contracting for.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 am

Congrats, Chris!

Congrats, Kerrick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm

kerrick wrote:
lol!

Lots going on in the King household here...  Baby is due any day now, our two-year anniversary is in a few days (which is actually Baby's official due date!), and it's looking like I may be receiving a direct-hire job offer for the company I'm currently contracting for.

Wow 2 years, seems like you kids just got hitched!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Really?  It feels like CENTURIES to me...  Razz   Haha just kidding, my gosh the time has indeed flown by.  And so much has happened too - especially with our move to Idaho and all.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm

kerrick wrote:
Really?  It feels like CENTURIES to me...  Razz   Haha just kidding, my gosh the time has indeed flown by.  And so much has happened too - especially with our move to Idaho and all.

You're own Private Idaho?  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 10:17 pm

I dropped the remote that goes with our Amazon Fire TV unit and it stopped working.  So, we bought a replacement remote and rubber sleeve for it to help protect this device.  I got it all set up and running tonight, and then there isn't anything I am really wanting to see.  Figures.  At least it is still cheaper than cable or satellite!

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 8:22 pm

This is my first time on here since August 6th, if I've read correctly. Life has been busy... I finished my coop placement on the 10th, then went camping with my friend and her family for the week, then came back to my parents' for the week. It's been a decent break from life, and it's hard to believe that in 36 hours I'll be back at university for another semester. If y'all feel inclined, please pray for my drive back and my transition into schooling. I'm really not feeling this education thing, although I suppose it'll be better once I'm back in. I'm also already looking for coop placements for the winter, and while I could easily find a placement in Quebec with the school's service, I'm looking for placements in Ontario, for, well, reasons of the feminine persuasion. Wink

Good to see y'all. There's been a lot to catch up on here, between Alldat's transitioning, Vonnie's time with her grandsons, Kerrick expecting a baby, and whatnot. Holy side hugs to you all. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 6:21 am

Yesterday was a fun but difficult day.  We did our last outing with our youth group.  Although we've been there before on several occasions, we took the youth to Circus World which is a place with laser tag, go-carts, bowling, video games, etc. that they like.  While they were roller skating, I broke down.  I will not miss the drama and hurt that some of the adult members have stirred up over the years.  But, I have spent a lot of time pouring my heart and love for Jesus into these kids and am going to miss them immensely.  Wednesday night will be the toughest as that will be our final time with them.

Then, I will do a youth retreat for a previous church of mine this coming weekend.  On Sept. 9, I will start the new church officially.  I want to take the member list and start calling people over the next two weeks just to start getting to know them a bit.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 am

Every time I've worked with kids and moved on from a church, leaving those kids was always the hardest.  You have definitely been in my prayers over the past few weeks with this transition.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Driven wrote:
This is my first time on here since August 6th, if I've read correctly. Life has been busy... I finished my coop placement on the 10th, then went camping with my friend and her family for the week, then came back to my parents' for the week. It's been a decent break from life, and it's hard to believe that in 36 hours I'll be back at university for another semester. If y'all feel inclined, please pray for my drive back and my transition into schooling. I'm really not feeling this education thing, although I suppose it'll be better once I'm back in. I'm also already looking for coop placements for the winter, and while I could easily find a placement in Quebec with the school's service, I'm looking for placements in Ontario, for, well, reasons of the feminine persuasion. Wink

Good to see y'all. There's been a lot to catch up on here, between Alldat's transitioning, Vonnie's time with her grandsons, Kerrick expecting a baby, and whatnot. Holy side hugs to you all. Smile

Good to see you!  I'm praying for you now.  Please keep us posted with how things go!  It's always exciting when a special lady is a part of things...   Hubba hubba  I hope you're able to find a coop near her and that be it God's will, He'd bless you both in a meaningful relationship with a great future.  As Veronika and I celebrate our second year of marriage today, I have been reflecting how He has used our marriage to sanctify us and draw us closer to Him in ways I wouldn't have ever imagined on my own.  It's a huge blessing to be married and I wish that blessing some day for you too!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 2:49 pm

It's good to see you on CHM again Driven.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 5:11 pm

My trip back to my parents' involved the coolant system springing a leak and me having to stop every half-hour for the last 150 miles or so to refill the thing. Hopefully that won't be too expensive to repair. Thankfully, I didn't carry any carpoolers for this ride, since I had lots of stuff to bring, because I usually advertise for rideshare.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Oh bummer!  Is it just a hose or hose-clamp that broke?  That should be very cheap to fix and something you could do yourself instead of paying someone else to do it.

Coolant can be a bit corrosive on paint.  Did it spray on any painted surfaces (like the inside of the hood)?  You might want to hose it off asap so it doesn't ruin the paint.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 5:21 pm

I can't find the leak source, it looks like it's further back in the system. It hasn't sprayed anywhere that I know of, but I believe it is dripping from the car as we speak.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Mad Argh that kind of stuff is so frustrating.  Dang I hope you find it soon.  At least it sounds like no damage was done to the engine itself.  I've known people to keep driving despite the temperature warnings and totally destroy the engine...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next