Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 pm

I've had a bad day. Walking in the pouring rain with Matsi. Then all kinds of things that made me Sad . Then my grandson and his parents came for dinner. That little boy made my day.
He was my sunshine on a doomy gloomy day.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
So today was the annual Christmas picture session.  It verified what I have long suspected--I'm married to a stone cold fox!

What a coincidence....me too!

So she is married to BOTH of you?  Man, that's just nasty!!!!  lol!

Hmmm, now that you mention it, that might explain why I don't see her for weeks at a time.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:36 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I've had a bad day. Walking in the pouring rain with Matsi. Then all kinds of things that made me Sad . Then my grandson and his parents came for dinner. That little boy made my day.
He was my sunshine on a doomy gloomy day.

Children such a blessing. They can say or do one little thing and it washes away so much gunk. They have such open hearts that just want to love their family. So glad you had sunshine on your gloomy day, Y.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Bummer!

You should see about going to a tankless water heater next time.

How much are they?  How do you install them?  Do they produce enough hot water to supply the whole house with hot water, or do you need individual heaters for each point where you need water heated?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Lowe's called and said that they THINK they have another installer lined up for tomorrow.  They are going to have to do something as I can't keep taking days off to wait around for nothing to happen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:40 pm

I had an on demand gas heater installed. It's utterly brilliant. It means that you never run out of hot water so if you have a house full of guests, no one gets a cold shower. It also means that you only pay to heat what you use. A hot water cylinder is heated 24 hours a day whether you use it or not. Of course, gas is more expensive, but because you're only paying for what you actually use, it ends up being cheaper (for me anyway). The installation cost was lower for my house because there was already a gas supply.

Good luck alldat
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Bummer!

You should see about going to a tankless water heater next time.

How much are they?  How do you install them?  Do they produce enough hot water to supply the whole house with hot water, or do you need individual heaters for each point where you need water heated?

Yes, as Jen said, they heat the entire house and only come on when you're wanting hot water and not all the time.  They have tankless gas as well as electric water heaters which are available at Lowe's.  Most plumbers that install regular water heaters can install the tankless kind as well. We had ours installed with the house when we had it built.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Do they have electric ones???? I did not know that. Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5318
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Currently, I've been listening to...

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 pm

If this one that is already purchased conks out on me, I will consider the tankless version.

As much as I love Star Wars, I am tired of the endless articles trying to hype up a movie that is already larger than life itself.  I see fan theories, Mark Hamill's endless tweets, homemade trailers, etc. all written about daily.  Can't we just enjoy the series without all the extra hype?  Disney will see to it that this franchise is driven into the ground with too much hype and too many stories, I fear.  They still have to release the final two movies in the current trilogy.  They have the Han Solo movie and one other free standing film in the works.  They have announced that they are going to do another trilogy that takes place in the Old Republic which would be prequels to the prequels.  Do we really need that much?

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Do we really need that much?
No.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Our water heater was finally installed today!!!  Yay!!!!  Of course, I have already used it to take a shower after tearing apart an old swing set frame with a sledgehammer and them putting up my outdoor Christmas lights today.  I got sweaty and needed a hot shower. 

It's funny, though.  We think we have it so tough because we don't have hot water in the house.  While serving the homless in Nashville the Sunday before Thanksgiving, we were aware that many of them had not bathed in a while.  They have no roof, no place to shower regularly, no food, etc. and truly have it hard while we think that the world is coming to an end if our cell phones go dead or can't take a hot shower.  We are truly spoiled.....and extremely blessed.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 am

I have to say that it'll be interesting to how they handle the Old Republic to provide a back story.

And yes, we are quite well off considered to others in such need.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 11:10 pm

I also think it will be interesting to see how much of the Old Republic stuff comes from the books and the games.  I'm looking forward to the Old Republic films, but I'm ok if they want to pass on more of these backstory films like the Han Solo and Obi-Wan ones.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Another Star Wars related film I'd like to see would be about Ahsoka Tano.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 3:42 pm

I don't know what all the bad feelings toward Ahsoka are about.  She's one of my favorite Clone Wars characters.  I read the novel when it came out and liked it a lot.  I've even got a little Ahsoka that stands guard over my desk while I work.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am

messiaen77 wrote:
I don't know what all the bad feelings toward Ahsoka are about.  She's one of my favorite Clone Wars characters.  I read the novel when it came out and liked it a lot.  I've even got a little Ahsoka that stands guard over my desk while I work.

HUZZAH!!!  cheers
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 1:33 pm

A funeral and a dinner I had to cook has given me a busy Saturday.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:20 am

I'd like to see that, a movie covering the novel Thrawn, and one from the novel Tarkin.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I'd like to see that, a movie covering the novel Thrawn, and one from the novel Tarkin.

Yes, those would be interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:55 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
A funeral and a dinner I had to cook has given me a busy Saturday.

That doesn't sound like fun.  Sad

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 pm

It wasn't. The son of my mom's best friend passed away.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/07/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-movie-rated-r/

Forget photon torpedoes — Quentin Tarantino could be bringing F-bombs to the Star Trek universe.

According to a new Deadline Hollywood report, the Hateful Eight and Pulp Fiction filmmaker’s proposed Star Trek movie is intended to be rated R, which would mark a first for the Paramount Pictures franchise and a rarity in the realm of big-budget tentpole movies.

The report also says screenwriters Mark L. Smith (The Revenant), Lindsey Beer (the upcoming Kingkiller Chronicle), and Drew Pearce (Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation) are in the running to pen the script, with Smith as the apparent frontrunner. The plan is for Tarantino to direct.

Paramount representatives did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/quentin-tarantino-jj-abrams-team-up-star-trek-movie-1064206

Quentin Tarantino is ready to explore strange new worlds. The filmmaker has a pitch for a Star Trek film, and he has shared his vision with J.J. Abrams, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Tarantino and Abrams have plans to bring together a writers room to develop a film at Star Trek studio Paramount. Tarantino has an eye to direct the potential project.

I don't know how I feel about this. They have already ruined Star Trek on
 TV as far as I am concerned...and now they are ruining the movies.

Random Ramblings - Page 5 -NOOOOOO-meme-23708
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:56 pm

I certainly hope that doesn't happen.  After watching The Hateful Eight, I promised myself I would never waste my time on another Tarantino film again.
I struggle to think of a single Tarantino movie I enjoyed so much that I would want to watch it again.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 pm

I've seen all of Tarantino's films and The Hateful Eight was one of my least favorites of his.  Did you see Inglourious Basterds?  I thought that movie was pretty masterful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next