Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Never Have I Ever - Game

Go down 
+10
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
crucifyd
Through The Dark Radio
Jen5
messiaen77
alldatndensum
Xid
Staybrite
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Driven wrote:
Never have I ever driven a classic car.

My Dad and oldest bro have been mechanics as far back as I can remember, I also worked at 2 different car lots - one locally as a detail boy, and the other in PALM SPRINGS as a painter's apprentice.
Said all that so I could say, I've driven 100s of classic cars, sports cars, and everything in between (albeit JUST in the lot, or around the block  Smile

Never have I ever watched Miracle on 34th Street
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Driven wrote:
Never have I ever driven a classic car.

I owned a '67 Camaro for a few years.  Still wish I had that car.

Guilty/Forgvien wrote:

I don't think I've seen the old version but I've seen the newer one a few times.

Never have I ever had boiled custard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I've seen the original, and the remake from the 90s.

Never have I ever attended a metal concert. (Though I've been a stagehand for TSO a couple times.) Never really cared for the typical concert experience (lousy sound played really loud).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Quote :

alldatndensum wrote:
I understand wanting to bring a child in this world, but have never had the opportunity to do so.  I think I would have been a great dad, but that doesn't seem to be God's plan for me.

Never have I ever eaten escargot (nor do I want to).
From what I know of you alldat, I would agree.  At the same time, though, look at all the kids you have gotten to be a role model for.

We've had so many people point that out to us that it has become little more than am empty platitude to our ears.  I am sure folks mean well by it; but when you want to have kids and can't, statements like that sting like salt to an open wound.  I won't hold it against you as you didn't know.  I'm just telling you how we feel when we hear this.

Anyway, back to the game.

Quote :
Never have I ever attended a metal concert. (Though I've been a stagehand for TSO a couple times.) Never really cared for the typical concert experience (lousy sound played really loud).

I have been to a few over the years both secular and Christian.  Most recently, I saw Theocracy and Disciple live at a small venue in Nashville, TN.  The sound was amazing!  Seeing a live show in a small room, in my experiences, actually makes for a better sounding concert as you just can't play as loud.  If it gets too uncomfortably loud in a small hall, people will leave.  If the hall is standing room only as was the Disciple show, people most assuredly will leave if the volume is too loud.

Never have I ever pet a baby tiger.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 12:11 am

I have no memory of ever having pet a baby tiger.

(I will admit that my tired brain read that as "Never have I ever had a pet baby tiger" which ranks up with kissing a chipmunk and throwing mashed potatoes up against the wall.)

Also, I attended a metal concert just last Saturday. The opening bands were more or less good, but the headliners absolutely nailed it. They were celebrating their second album's 20th anniversary, and it sounded great. In a sad twist, however, the bar where they performed just burned down, barely 4 days after their show. The building, dating from 1836, was a total loss and is now knocked down. Sad Anyway...

Never have I ever bought a brand new vinyl record.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 12:52 pm

The last vinyl record I purchased was Barren Cross:  Atomic Arena.

Never have I ever purchased a Led Zepplin, Beatles, Pink Floyd or Black Sabbath album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Xid wrote:

Never have I ever purchased a Led Zepplin, Beatles, Pink Floyd or Black Sabbath album.

I've purchased at least one album from all of those classic rock/metal bands!  Although I have to confess that the Pink Floyd album was a greatest hits compilation and I gave it away after listening a few times.

Never have I ever seen a Christian Metal band in concert.

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:32 am

I've seen a few:  Barren Cross, Messiah Prophet, Scarlet Red, Whitecross (twice), One Bad Pig, Torn Flesh.

Oh, my last vinyl purchase was possibly Monster Mash, unless the 45 of "Another One Bites the Dust"/"Don't Try Suicide" counts.

On a related note, never have I ever understood the current obsession with vinyl.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 8:55 am

Quote :
never have I ever understood the current obsession with vinyl.

I don't either.  I don't think it sounds better because of it being analog.  I think it crackles and you can hear the needle hiss even on great machines.  You can't take them with you to listen to.  When it comes to vinyl, I say Bah-Humbug.

As for attending a Christian metal concert, I have seen a few like Bride, Stryper, Red Sea, Barren Cross, One Bad Pig, Theocracy.  I've seen the rock bands Kutless, Barlow Girl, Disciple, Red, TFK, Skillet, and Decyfer Down in concert as well.  I've seen a lot of Christian pop rock bands like Audio Adrenaline, The Newsboys, Building 429, Jeremy Camp, Sidewalk Prophets, etc. as well.

Never have I ever flown in a small single engine plane.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 1:18 am

You're not missing much there, alldat. I have. It was noisy and scary.

I'm finding it hard to keep envy in check as I read the list of concerts you've been to. To my knowledge, none of those bands has come to NZ...and if they have, I missed the memo. Sorry Lord. E-N-V-Y! 

Never have I ever wished merry Christmas to a Christian Forum before. Merry Christmas y'all. Peace
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 7:36 am

Merry Christmas, Jen!

Never have I ever had a Christmas without presents.  My mom even had to sell her piano one year when I was little to be able to afford presents for us kids.  To this day, I still remember a couple of the things I got that year.  One thing I got was this stupid little Kool-Aid man cup.  I took it to school to show off after the Christmas break.  I remember people laughing at me because it was nothing to them.  Mama had to save the UPC codes off the Kool-Aid packs to get those cups for my brother and me.  It took a lot of work and I loved that little cup and was so proud.  I don't remember who said what, but I remember being so hurt because that was the first time I was aware we were poor.  But, I loved my mama and that little Kool-Aid man cup because it was given with love.

I love and miss you, mama!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 11:20 am

My parents have always sacrificed so that I could have a few presents for Christmas.  I was an only child, so it probably wasn't as difficult form them as it may have been for other families.  But I remember one year when my father went back to college it was an especially lean year (I was in the 5th grade).  I only wanted one thing for Christmas, but under the tree was at least 8 presents from my parents.  As I opened them I grew a little dis-heartened, because every package (no matter what the size) contained a pair or two of socks).  I did need socks, but it isn't what an 11 year old boy wants for Christmas.  When I was done opening all of those socks my father pulled out another gift from behind the couch.  It was the Daisy PowerLine 880 lever action BB and pellet rifle that I had wanted.  My dad felt so bad that I didn't have a bunch of presents to open that he had split up two dozen pairs of socks into a several packages.  It was one of my favorite Christmas mornings ever.
Funny enough, it was 1980 (three years before the movie "A Christmas Story" was released).  
Not to worry, I didn't shoot my eye out, or even break my glasses.

Never have I ever been without at least some family on Christmas day.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:30 am

Those are great stories. My favourite Christmas memories all centre around the tree, candles, music, treats, and family. In the week before and after Christmas we'd make up a plate of Christmas treats in the evening and turn on Christmas music. We'd turn out all lights in the living room, light candles all around the room and turn on the tree. Then we'd sit and talk or play games or sing. For me, it was a magical time of year because it was, really, the only time of year that my family stopped being busy, busy and just focused on spending time together. My dad traveled a lot but never at Christmas so it was very special.

I've never been without family on Christmas either, but I have been away from family at Easter. One Easter I had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks and I wasn't ready to go home yet when Easter came. Strangely, it ended up being a very special Easter. I went down to the hospital chapel for their interdenominational service. There were about 50 patients sitting or lying in beds or wheeled up in wheelchairs, drip bags and all. It was a pretty sorry bunch of people, but all were there to put their suffering out of mind to celebrate Christ. It was very moving.
Never have I ever put an angel on top of my tree. Always a star.    sunny
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 8:19 am

Quote :
Never have I ever put an angel on top of my tree. Always a star. 

My wife and I have done both the star and the angel at times.  We have a lovely angel topper if we ever go back to doing a full size tree.  We use a 2 foot tall fiber optic one simply because of our cat.  She completely destroyed a tree and ornaments when she was young.  She is 16 now and probably wouldn't bother the tree.  I still do not trust her, though.

Never have I ever had to be at the funeral home or a funeral on Christmas.  We were close with my dad as we buried him on Dec. 18 2009.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 11:09 pm

Can't say I've been at a funeral home at Christmas. I've been on a plane on Christmas (that's when the ticket prices go down) though.

Never have I ever played an upright bass.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 11:32 pm

I have played an upright bass!  I have an Epiphone 4 string fretless that you wear the usual way.  However, you can remove the strap nut on the bottom of the bass and screw in an extendable pole.  BOOM!  Instant electric upright!

I also have a Joy Stick bass.  It is a special made 3 string electric bass made from a single 2 X 4 piece of wood.  It has a piezo pickup hidden beneath the fretboard.  While mine has 3 strings, most only have 2.  Here is a photo of one:

Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 Il_570xN.1111748113_4qu6

Never have I ever eaten turtle meat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Have I Ever - Game   Never Have I Ever - Game - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never Have I Ever - Game
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7