For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

When God is silent...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: When God is silent...   Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18091
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: When God is silent...   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Good words, Brad. I needed to hear this right now. I feel like the Lord has been silent to me for the better part of a year. With all the drama and changes in my church and now the possible move to a new post, I feel that I have received little to no direction from on high. It's tough.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: When God is silent...   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Praying for you today Chris... I know you know--God is always there with you bro!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18091
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: When God is silent...   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:14 pm

I can't say that God hasn't answered prayers in the past year, but I feel He has been fairly silent on where I am to serve. I wanted to pastor our church but our committee doesn't feel like I am qualified. I have had two other churches interested in me as pastor (one I wanted and one I didn't) that both chose someone else. Now, I have a church wanting me to come that would require moving to an area where we know no one, have no family, and would have to sell our current house to reside there. I could do it from here, but I think the church needs their pastor closer. They have never had that. I need answers NOW as I have to answer them before the week is out as to my intentions to pursue this or not.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: When God is silent...   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

Brother, I'm not an expert in this area, but as a pastor who has served 6 churches in six different states--here's what I do.

a) I pray for red or green lights---I.e. what am I seeing, hearing/sensing that is a GREEN light--something that says--this is a good fit... a place God could use me well..a good place for my family, etc. And -- what RED LIGHTS do I see--indications that I would not fit well hear---that might be tangible issues, Spirit/heartpromptings, my wife saying "God's sayingNO/Yes!" (I trust my wife's sensitivity to the Spirit a great deal )... etc.

b) I lay my options on the table... before God and via a combination of prayer and using the mind He gave me--I simply make the best, prayer bathed decision I know how to make---and I move forward on it in faith.

I kind of liveby a motto that was a theme at the bible college I attended: FAITH, PRAYER, WORK--Trust like everything depends on faith... pray like everything depends on prayer and work like everything depends on work.

As a guy who moved away from "home" 25 years ago and has not lived close to any family all of my adult life---I know that can be tough. But if God opens a door... He will go with you. And in my experience---miistry"assignments" are for seasons--not forever... so that's something to consider. New places and bring fresh and exciting challenges and opportunities--and they will definately stretch and grow your faith.

I don't know if any of that is helpful... but it's what I go bro. I can honestly say God has used us everywhere we've gone. It hasn't all been easy orsmooth--at all---but God never promised easy or smooth:-)

I will continue to pray for you my friend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When God is silent...   

Back to top Go down

When God is silent...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1