Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a rant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

a rant Empty
PostSubject: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 1:01 pm

a quick rant here...

<rant>why do bands (labels I suppose) put out 20 variations of the same record with different bonus tracks based on country, or just plain so many variations, etc etc, so, to get all the hard copy BTs you would have to buy all the variations... AAAAHHHH!!!</rant>

thank you
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

a rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:30 pm

I know, I can't stand that.  For most bands/artists I have kind of given up on collecting the "bonus tracks".  Seems like half the time that I get them they aren't that impressive.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

a rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

I just buy the songs as digital downloads off amazon or somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

a rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Not a huge fan of Vengeance Rising, but their album Human Sacrifice is a perfect example. It's been released a number of times. The most recent one I bought solely on the fact that 2 band members were at the concert I bought it at, so I could get their autographs. Well, and for the fact that it contains the original demo, kinda wanted that. But now I have the original release, a Retro release, the hand numbered picture disc vinyl from ROXX, and the latest re-release remastered with the demo. AND they're releasing it again ! Ridiculous
Back to top Go down
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

a rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 12:20 am

who's releasing it again?

jim, you hit on one there...i've said on one of these boards before that Human Sacrifice is my #1 record all time. it's the total package if you ask me...and, contrary to my rant above, I buy everything Human Sacrifice that comes out...and then some...let's just say I have more copies of it than I'll ever need...

honestly I wasn't that impressed with the recent Roxx release, I can hardly ever hear a difference (other than loudness) between the original and the reissues of today, same in this case. however, there is a huge difference in the sound of the demo but I didn't care for it myself... maybe I should listen again

I don't know, I'm such a sucker for records, maybe I should stop buying re-issues altogether, they just tend to frustrate me and I usually have the original already...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

a rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 am

Quote :
honestly I wasn't that impressed with the recent Roxx release, I can hardly ever hear a difference (other than loudness) between the original and the reissues of today, same in this case. however, there is a huge difference in the sound of the demo but I didn't care for it myself... maybe I should listen again

Not just with the VR, but there is TOO much loudness on the Roxx reissues.  They are compressing the heck out of what they redo.  I can't listen to the Recon or Eternal Ryte reissues they did because the bass now overpowers everything like it is some modern rock band.  That doesn't work on 80s style metal because you lose the dynamics of the guitars.

It isn't just Roxx now.  I bought some reissues put out by Arkayn Steel Records of the bands Legion and Battalion.  They are too bass heavy.  They needed to increase the overall volume, but the EQing was all that needed adjusting.  Battalion had plenty of bass to start with.  I would have EQ'd them so that you could have brought out the mids a tad so that the guitars hit you harder.  I may pull out my original and do that myself.  I did with Eternal Ryte.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

a rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: a rant   a rant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a rant
Page 1 of 1