Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help me name my book...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Help me name my book... Empty
PostSubject: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 am

I had a working title of "The Threads of Life", but that just does not seem to fit. The focus of the book shifted slightly from all of the people that Ryan touched and that title just isn't working for me. I would like some suggestions. I am looking for a title that if you were to walk into a bookstore, the title would cause you to pick the book up and give it more attention.

I appreciate all input.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:08 am

How about "Ryan's Touch"?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:54 am

"Marvelous Healing"
"Not hopefull ... but healed".
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 am

Can you give a bit more on what the book covers now since you say what it shifted from but not to?

nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:38 am

The story included all of the people who's lives had been touched by Ryan's, at least the ones we could name specifically. Due to uncertainties about naming names, I have re-thought that approach and told Ryan's story, without all of the specific other people mentioned. The initial name of The Thread of Life sort of took the approach that everyone mentioned was a thread and how our lives were woven together.

Since I have chosen not to be specific with all of the other names, that title doesn't fit. I have been thinking about this for a few days, and I have found some pictures that I didn't know we had, specifically some of Ryan while he was still in his chemically induced coma following the first surgery. I also have a really good picture of him at Christmas this year.

Here is kind of the idea I am kicking around, you guys tell me what you think.

On the front cover, the original picture of Ryan, a very graphic picture of just how bad he was, with the title: One Year Later...
On the back cover, the picture of him at Christmas this year showing how good he looks.

The story tells of the difficulies that Ryan struggled through after the surgery and it then goes on to share just how far he has progressed during the year interval from Nov. 2006 to Nov. 2007.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:20 pm

I like that actually

nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 pm

My brother felt that the picture I chose was too graphic. I sent him a revised attempt, so I will see what he thinks about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my book...   Help me name my book... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me name my book...
Page 1 of 1