For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Doing Life On Purpose - The Meaning of Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Doing Life On Purpose - The Meaning of Life   Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:13 am

L

Life on Purpose – The Meaning of Life – Purpose Driven Life Day 1.  

GET THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE on Amazon!
http://amzn.to/2rYBJNF

“What is the meaning of life?  How do we live life on purpose?  What does a purpose driven life look like?  One of the huge lessons we learn right out of the gate is that it’s not about us.  It’s about Jesus and placing Him at the center of our lives and living for His purposes.  

It All Starts With God · The search for the purpose of life has puzzled people because we typically begin at the wrong starting point (ourselves) · “it is God who directs the lives of his creatures; everyone’s life is in his power” · Life is about letting God use you for his purposes, not you using him for your own purpose. 

There are two ways to discover the purpose you were created for
1. Speculation (Guessing/Philosophy) 
2. Revelation (Just ask him) God has told us in His Word that His purpose for our lives is to know Christ as Savior and to grow in our relationship with Him as our Lord.

I have been mentored from afar by Pastor Rick Warren since the mid 1990s when I was first ordained into the ministry.  In 1997 I had the privilege of attending the Purpose Driven Church Conference held at Saddleback Church.  

Learning to replace self, with Jesus on the throne of your heart is the greatest thing you can do.  It changes everything: your perspective on life, you eternal destiny, your relationship with God and with people, your source of joy, meaning, purpose, hope,, wisdom, courage, direction---EVERYTHING! 

I hope you will journey with me through all of these Life On Purpose videos as I share Rick’s thoughts through the lens of my life experiences.  I truly believe you will be challenged, edified, encouraged and inspired to take steps toward a deep and more meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ as your King, your Lord and your Savior.

This talk was inspired by Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life, day 1, It All Starts With God.
Back to top Go down

Doing Life On Purpose - The Meaning of Life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1