For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Uncertain times, Florida edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1737
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Uncertain times, Florida edition   Fri May 12, 2017 9:59 am

Some changes coming up at work. My department is being cut. The good news is that I will not be out of a job but possibly moved to another area. And the other area pays more money but it isn't very desirable. Budget cuts and we are told the headcount is too high. I enjoy my position now as training facilitator of my department but if the department is null that leaves me without anyone to train.

Then yesterday we found out my wife's teaching job could be in jeopardy. They are cutting some positions at her school. She found out the WRONG way as well. Another teacher asked her why she wasn't coming back next year and she didn't know what the lady was talking about. The lady's respsonse was "ohhhhhh" like she wasn't supposed to say anything. My wife went to admin who beat around the bush and played dumb. I think their fear is that if someone finds out they aren't coming back they will quit before school is out (and my wife isn't like that and would never just walk). So today is still uncertain many of the teachers do not know what is going on. My wife is in a good situation right now because our youngest attends that school. So if she has to change jobs it would be a hassle to have to go to 3 schools (one in high school, one in elementary and her wherever she MIGHT find something else). We really don't understand what's going on as she was rated as an "effective" and "highly effective" teacher. The only thing we can figure is that she is the newest teacher with the least seniority. It's a charter school so there is no union to help or explain things to us.

So I ask for your prayers -- that they find her a spot in the same school or that God will lead her somewhere better. We've given our all for this school for YEARS including tons of volunteer hours and always helping out and donating resources. So keep us both in your prayers during these uncertain times. Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3363
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times, Florida edition   Fri May 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Praying bro.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2955
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times, Florida edition   Fri May 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Sorry to hear that y'all are both in a situation.  Will definitely be praying for you and your wife.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times, Florida edition   Fri May 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Praying for you both, not a fun situation to be in at all.

Number of posts : 1737
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times, Florida edition   Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:47 am

Having a blah week (and it is only Monday). Please pray for my family (including my son who is here from out of town).

As for the job front my wife was offered an extention. Her department stood up for her and raised major heck about her not being on the classroom layout. So it looks like she will return in the fall and she will get to keep her classroom. She has issues with someone in admin and she suspects she was singled out when it came time to map out classrooms and her room was gone (last month). The woman is quite hateful so pray for her too.

My job rolls on in my current spot and we will see what happens. I would prefer to stay where I am but if I don't I will still have a job, just moved to another area and go back on 12 hour shifts (every other week midnight shift). The benefits of the move: More pay, more days off (those on 12 hour shifts get 14 days off a month and that's a good thing). So it won't all be bad if I get moved. The big downside for me is having to go somewhere new and start off on the bottom as I will be bottom in seniority in that area and where I am now I am smack in the middle (the cut off for being cut, that's why it is still in the air).

So prayers please for me, my family and the woman at my wife's school. I feel blah this week.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times, Florida edition   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Glad to hear your wife got an extension, but horrible to hear about her troubles with the admin person.

Would be a bummer if you had to go to 12 hour shifts, but sounds like it could be worse.  Praying for you both.

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times, Florida edition   

Back to top Go down

Uncertain times, Florida edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1